How to use Timeshare with Silverleaf Resorts Inc.

Issue not resolved
Aug 08, 2010
review #193060

This article pertains to people who already have a timeshare with Silerleaf Resorts or any timeshare resort in general!I have worked in the timeshare industry for a while now and yes I have worked at Silerleaf Resorts for the longest time so for people that have questions about how they work, I will most likely able to give you the most accurate information about what you own.

For the most part all timeshares work the same, but God forgive if you call it that anymore. The proper name, or phrase that they want you to hear is "Vacation Ownership"! Doesn't that sound so much better than timeshare,Just Joking, but that is really what the industry wants everyone to hear. There are just to many bad stories associated with the term, "Timeshare".

Let me tell you now that they are the same for the most part unless you enter into a contact in a different country, which that can get very complicated if you don't know what your doing. I posted my first comment stating that if you needed help getting out of your contract with Silverleaf or were having problems and just wanted out, that I could help you. Well don't get me wrong I helped a lot of people, but for the most part I found out that Silverleaf wasn't the problem, it was the buyer who just didn't understand how to use what they had. On the other hand there were a lot of situations that Silverleaf really was the problem and straight up lied to people and screwed them out of a lot of money and time.

So from here on out if you have questions about how your program works or how you could get more benefit out of it just comment on here about it. Actually I would rather everyone just leave comments that way when I answer them it just might help someone else at the same time. I got a overwhelming number of e-mails regarding how to get out of their contract, help with it, or how to sell it. I tried to e-mail everyone back and really try to help them, but between the e-mails and this blog I couldn't keep up.

So like I said before I love helping everyone but its hard getting back to everyone through e-mail.

You can still e-mail me at HelpGetOutofYourTimeshare@yahoo.com but please only do so if you want to keep your issue private.Thanks and Best of luck to Everyone out there!!!!

b03e71c
Had an experience with Silverleaf Resorts?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
TIMESHARE ADVOCATE

Sep 30, 2012

Timeshare Advocacy International Wins Lawsuit against World’s Largest Resort.
“We are excited to finally have this decision behind us so we can now focus on one thing, and that is our clients. During the last 2 years they have been trying to do one thing and that is to shut us up and bankrupt us through the court system. We always felt that at the end of the day a jury would see that TAI is in the
... Show more

Charlie

Sep 27, 2012

You will get the $40 card and you will get your choice of the trips, but you have to pay the fees ($100 for the flight/accommodations, almost $600 for the cruise and you have to pay for the trip to the port where the boat leaves from), you will not likely get the $500. Likely, you will get the accommodations for a vacation, but you have to pay for the air fair and the fees that apply to that.

Sep 02, 2010

Hey Jenn I'm glad to here that you are having no problems with your program. Your are right whenever you say if you do plan on taking vacations with your kids and create memories that they will never forget, Vacation Ownership is diffidently the way to go if you know what your doing. I'm just curious, but is Lake of the Woods where they gave you two cabins because they are only have the one bedrooms with a loft. I love that resort if you get in a good area. Like I said before I'm not on here trying to bash Silverleaf even though they do have some problems sometimes, but every company does. I'm just on here to let everyone see both sides of how they work. Have fun with your family and share your story with others that have concerns or questions.Thanks

Jenn

Sep 02, 2010

:) I myself am a Silverleaf owner and I have yet to have any problems with them. Thay have been very accomidating even as to offer me 2 1 bedroom suites because there were no 2 bedrooms available and they made them sidebyside as well as giving us some stuff free from there little store when we got there. It was great and I have taken several of our friends and family members along for thew weekends. I agree with you that it is the poeple not reading the contract and I also banked my week and went to florida this summer without a hitch. It was fantastic and I believe that if you have small children and you are looking at spending a ****load of money on vacations for the next 17 years vacation ownership or timeshare is a great investment. You may have to pay for your airfare but a $120 for a resort accomodations for 8 days you can,t relly beat the value in savings throughout the years. Have fun everyone enjoy it!!!

desperate single mom

Aug 30, 2010

Hello I just read your review about Silverleaf. I bought it since 2006 to help a friend to get out of it because she was beeing harrased with foreclosing on her by Silverleaf. It's paid off.I have never made use of my yearly blue week, week 50. I asked them to banked my week because I live in Florida and couldn't afford to fly there. Same I did every year but last years i did it by phone.Now they say that I lost my banked weeks after two years. And that I have not banked for the last two years.... I stopped the maintenance payments and they harrased me saying that they will take me to foreclosure and that it will show on my credit report. They even sent me a letter Again this year, I couldn't make any maintenace payments because I have no job. They said that they would foreclose on me so I have been pressed to make an arragement on payment in 4 months the total yearly amount and I asked if they could rent my week , they say that I can not rent my week. Is that true? What should I do? I am only living in Alimony now, I am a realtor , and a single Mom and i have not made any money this year. How can I sell it or rent to get the money to pay? I would really appreciate your guidance in this matter. Thanks!

Aug 22, 2010

Its funny that you ask that question because that is what fuels all the lies and exaggerations out their. The average timeshare rep doesn't last very long so it is hard to answer that question. You have to be very good at sales to even be able to sale a timeshare. Think about it, most people that go out there don't even have a clue on what is going to happen when they get there. For the people that do know, they have made a pact we each on the way to the resort not give in to anybody or any kind of deal they might throw their way. So when it come to timeshare sales, you really have to be good to make a lot of money because they work solely on commission and have families to feed. The average sales rep that makes it through training, which very few even make it through, usually will quit within the first month. They either realized that it to high pressure for them or they just can't *** it to make the kind of money they thought they were going to make. Now the Reps that are good usually make make somewhere in between $80,000-$100,000 a year and the Reps that are really-good at what they do can make anywhere from $120,000 to $200,000 a year and that is just being a sales rep and not a manager. So if your wondering how the Reps sleep at night, well I can tell you they are probably sleeping very well on one of those nice and cozy Tempur-Pedic mattresses and I'm not saying that to be mean, but its the truth. So for all the really good reps, I would have to say, can make the same... Show more

Just Wondering?

Aug 22, 2010

I own one of these timeshares and when we bought ours I believe we were just lucky and had a honest sales rep and have a manager that calls us all the time just to check how were doing. My question to you is how much does the average sales rep make selling timeshares at Silverleaf Resorts?

Aug 21, 2010

I just wanted to everyone to know that Silverleaf Resorts is not always the problem and they are not the root to all evil. With that being said I would also like to say that a lot of times they are at fault, but for everyone that is pissed at them because you bought something from them and didn't read the contract word for word before you signed it, I would have to say shame on you. If you read the contract it states exactly what you are purchasing and how to use it. I know there long and you get tired reading the whole thing. When you have a question about something on the contract you will just take their word for what ever it might be, but shame on them and you for that. I know its bad business practice, but you never buy something you don't know how to use, ESPECIALLY as something as complex on how to use a timeshare. I read all these complaints and a lot them baffle me. I'm not saying Silverleaf Resorts is the most ethical company around but for the people who buy a timeshare from them, make sure you do your homework first, and yes that means before you go out there. If yo go out there and and you do end up buying a timeshare from them and your not 100% sure of your purchase you do have six days to cancel or learn about what you bought so your not totally screwed if you are having buyers remorse. I worked there for a while and trust me I know how everything operates. Just like everything else in life, "you get what you pay for"!!!! Like I said before Silverleaf Resorts... Show more

1 1 Reply
Lydia

Aug 20, 2010

My problem is that I might not know or don't know how to use my time. We are presidential owners of two - red and blue (summer and one winter) and every time we try to book the time there is not space available! It really frustrates my husband and I, we use the red account that’s under summer but honestly neither seems to work. Can you help?

I Just Bought and I just Don't

Aug 18, 2010

I just bought White season presidential suit that has the Diamond Plus package with it. Every thing is in my contract but I'm sure you know how hard they are to understand. If you could please comment back and kind of go over the basics and how to use it to my full potential we would greatly appreciate it. Thank-You so much in advance because I have actually talked to some of the people that you have helped and they say you explain it so, that a six year old could understand it! And you don't ask for any money, wow!!!! You must be a wonderful person to help people and not try to rip them off.
Hope to hear from you,
Maria G

Aug 09, 2010

If your going just for the gifts I can almost assure you that you will not be going home with the $500.00 in cash. The odds on the cash prize are 10 out of 53,999 people, so you can do the math. You will get the $40 Visa Card and the trip for 2, but there are all kinds of hidden fee's such as port taxes and if you don't have a pass port you will have to get one of those if you choose the cruise. Now if your going out there to actually have an open mind and listen to what they have say then you will get a general idea about how they work. All the sale's reps get paid on 100% commission so if you have no intentions of buying anything your wasting your time. Plus even though you might not think highly of the sales reps, they also have families to feed and take care of. If you travel every year for at least a week, owning some type of vacation ownership package will save you tons of money in the long run. It sounds like a lot of money when they say $15,500 for one week but that week is your forever. Timeshares fit a lot of people's life styles but on the other hand they can be a hassle if you don't know what your doing so always educate yourself about the company if you are going to go to any timeshare presentation. You might pass up the best deal ever and not even no it. I've seen it happen time and time again, but it works both ways so you always have to be careful.

0 0 Reply
Should I go to the timeshare p

Aug 09, 2010

I got blue postcard in the mail in which I didn't reply. After a few weeks went by I got yellow postcard stating it was my last chance to claim my prizes that I have already won. Just out of curiosity do you really get the prizes or is it just gimmick? I have a date set for next weekend and I just don't want to waste my time if its not real. They told me the least amount I would leave with is $500.00 cash plus a choice of an all expense paid vacation for a Cruise, Vegas or Orlando trip for 2. Oh yeah and forty dollar Visa card. Please let me know how that works.

Thank-You,
Allison White

Thank- you Here to Help

Aug 09, 2010

Thank you for all your unbiased remarks about Silverleaf. I also have a timeshare with Silverleaf and if it wasn't for you we would be lost and would have probably already tried to get rid of it. Thank-you for going through all of it and explaining the details about using it. Me and my family are very happy and we use ours all the time now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 09, 2010

I think more people need to leave comments like this because like I said before Silverleaf is not the party that is the problem for the most part it is the people that just don't know how the program works. It sounds like you have a very good program and you know how to use it and I'm glad to hear that. I'm sure a lot of people on here will as well. Happy vacations to you and I'm glad you shared your story.

Merhaba in Texas

Aug 08, 2010

NOTE: CAVEAT EMPTOR (Buyer Beware)!

1. First, we have ZERO maintenance fees...that's right ZERO!! At $70 per month ($840 per year), over 20 years we'll have saved $16,800.

AND, we have all of our four adult children (all married with their own families) on our Silverleaf deed. Consequently, each of them can call Customer Service, make a reservation using our Endless Escape, and go to a resort INDEPENDENT of us.

2. My wife and I started in 1997 with a 'blue week' Cabin @ Lake o' the Woods (about a year later, week 52 changed from 'blue' to 'RED.' We upgraded a few years later to a Condo @ Holly Lake (this is where we received 'ZERO' maintenance fee and keep it to this day) (oh, we also received a 'ZERO' percent loan). Later we upgraded to a Lodge @ Holiday Hills in Branson. Last year we bought into a Presidential @ Seaside Resort (Galveston).

3. To be honest, we have used our deeded week infrequently. We have Endless Escape (bonus time) where we can get up to 6 days (space available) at any of the resorts--FREE. We have 3 resorts within a 2-hour drive from Dallas. We've been to all the Texas resorts, 2 at Branson, and Apple Mountain near Atlanta, GA.

4. Yes, we get 'tired' of the hard-sell tactics of the salespeople. AND, we feel sorry for all the 'bad feelings' that people have posted on line. In the past, we had always used the 'we want to retain ZERO maintenance fee' and for the most part
... Show more

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.