Silverleaf Resorts - Oak N' Spruce Resort Scam

Issue not resolved

If you get a call saying you won something and you have to go and claim your prize at a silver leaf resort, only having to attend a 90 min seminar, you are being scammed.Save yourself the time and trouble.

Don't go! You won't get a prize.

They will only harass you for more than 90 minutes in order to get your "grand prize," which, if you are lucky is a gas card.However, the gas card is only for $40 dollars, and you can't spend it all at once.

I have reported them to the Attorney General, and I encourage you to do the same.

d5a3a86 review #177189
54 Helpful? 82
Had the same issue20 Comments56 Report
Had an experience with Silverleaf Resorts?  Submit review about this company
margaretw

Apr 17 Worcester, Massachusetts

My father co owns a time share here and has for years.
Last October, they misapplied his maintenance fee to another of his accounts.
He called and sent copies of the check clearly showing the account number it was to be applied to and this has never, ever been add5ressed.
My mom died last November and dad wants to sign this timeshare over to my brother. My brother's name is already on the deed. They just want my dad's name off.
My brother has called and mailed multiple times and has received absolutely NO help.
I called in today with just questions. I live out of state. They won't talk to me unless I come in a=or am a owner. I just have general questions about fees and processes. DO NOT BOTHER WITH THIS BUSINESS!!! :(

jimb

Oct 14, 2013

Had a salesman named chris who was so rude to me and wifey that I almost popped him in the nose. He wouldn't take no for an answer, he even brought in a closer that started every sentence with a but, I.e. , but it would be a good investment. My wife ended up crying from his abuse. This is the worst experience I've ever had as far being a consumer goes. I don't know who to contact to complain about the bad treatment we received. I do know that Silverleaf is a big ripoff and everyone should stay away from any of their dungheaps, lawiqo

linds12

Jun 29, 2013 Boston, Massachusetts

Same here, said I was guaranteed a prize and i just had to take the tour and then go to claim my prize, thanks for posting, because with the back fracture I have and the 2 hour ride it would have taken me to get the tomorrow, i would have been in pain and pissed! xoxo

Skeptical Skeptic

Jun 17, 2013 Boston, Massachusetts

Had a phone call this morning saying I won a prize as well....really didn't sound sketchy filling out the prize card but after talking to someone on the phone and reading all these comments I am NOT going. Thanks for the reassurance of this scam.

Gloryhoundb

Apr 26, 2013 Albany, New York

I own 2 units with Silverleaf. In the past 2 years, they have made it easier to use bonus time. You can book online. It is difficult to get weekends during the summer. They have even made it easier to trade in RCI.
We have had some high pressure sales, but that isn't unusual when pay is based on commission. Bottom line is that time shares aren't for everyone. It is still naive to believe you "won a big prize"! In my experience, we did get the gifts as promised.

Sep 30, 2012

Timeshare Advocacy International Wins Lawsuit against World’s Largest Resort.
“We are excited to finally have this decision behind us so we can now focus on one thing, and that is our clients. During the last 2 years they have been trying to do one thing and that is to shut us up and bankrupt us through the court system. We always felt that at the end of the day a jury would see that TAI is in the
... Show more

Sep 30, 2012

Timeshare Advocacy International Wins Lawsuit against World’s Largest Resort.
... Show more

Aug 05, 2012

*CANCEL YOUR SILVERLEAF TIMESHARE*SIX HOUSTON AREA LOCATIONS*LICENSED TEXAS REALTOR*

After only 3 years in business, Timeshare Advocacy International, LLC (TAI) has completed over 1,200 Timeshare contract terminations. Saving our clients over $32 “million” dollars in total timeshare liabilities. We offer guaranteed results for all qualified properties.
TAI is committed to working closely with local timeshare owners. Our consultants advise you on how not to fall prey to the fraud and scams that are affecting owners worldwide. Why take the chance of becoming a victim to some out of state company?
Texas Licensed, Real Estate Professional.

CALL TODAY! (713) 554-3334 Ext. 805
Kevin Hanson
Licensed Timeshare Advocate
Kevin@timesharegone.com

Aug 05, 2012

Texas Licensed, Real Estate Professional.

CALL TODAY! (713) 554-3334 Ext. 805
Kevin Hanson
Licensed Timeshare Advocate
Kevin@timesharegone.com

mikep

Aug 02, 2012

any body know how to get out of this legally?how to clear it out of our names??they got us..with this timeshare we just wonna out any advise?

Sam Cameron

Jul 26, 2012

I went to Lee, MA today (7-26-12), Great experience. I won a trip to vegas and Another trip to pick from. They didnt try and sell me the timeshare because I guess I checked that I made less than $30,000.

Happy I went

Jul 20, 2012

I've been, got the prizes, went to Vegas with the prize. Great fun. I bought and don't regret it. That was 11 years ago. You have to put a little effort in to learning to use it though. It's not a scam, just a sales pitch, nothing more and in the end, a pretty good product.

Charles

Apr 09, 2012

I got this prize winning letter in the mail today and decided to call them. The prizes seem too good to be true and they guaranteed that I will walk away winner of the 4 prices. I am glad I read these reviews. I get it now that they just pressure people in buying timeshares. I am calling to cancel tomorro1. Thanks all!

harry

Feb 21, 2012

I just need to know what they get with this, let just remember that nothing is free in this great nation, so please.....free $$ :p

lady bug 97

Jan 07, 2012

I don't understand why some people think time share presentations or related trips are "scams." These people are just plain ignorant. Time share presenters have to offer people something, so that they can get an audience for their sales pitch. Whether or not you buy a time share is up to you. If you read the fine print about the prizes, you can just about always figure out which "prize" you've won just by looking at the odds of winning. Then you can decide if your likely "prize" is worth 90 minutes of your time. These salespeople are trying to earn a living also. Do us all a favor and educate yourself before you start calling something a scam.

monabell

Mar 01, 2013 Unionville, New York

Sure, yes they are trying to make a living, but when me as the customer is really not interested, please say thank you and have a good day. Dont hound me on and on. I know all too well about time shares. No they are not a scam, but I have to be attracted to the property and this place in Lee really doesnt float my boat!

monabell

Mar 01, 2013 Unionville, New York

When I saw this in the Mall where I live, they were pitching the "free" trips...what annoyed me is the guy telling me "you could have a free three day stay at Great Wolf Lodge" Its this much money and your tickets etc. First of all....Your water park tickets are included with your room stay bozo. Great wolf lodges water park guest are their hotel guests! Out side people cant just come and use it. And no way do you want to spend more than 1 1/2 days there! So then I told him how much I spent on my room, family of 5 @$259 he looked baffled. Anyway If you really want a good time share.....Go Disney!! :upset :upset

Didn't buy a thing

Nov 30, 2011

I went to Lee, MA...Got my 40 dollar GC, a free cruise with air, 7 days at another resort plus a 3night weekend getaway...all for free...oh and my 90ish minutes....sorry you guys didn;t have as good of luck!

Kathy M

Sep 04, 2011

I am very sorry that everyone here has had such horrible experience(s). My husband and I purchased TS and we loved it so much that we are now red week(s) Diamond members. We love leaving the city of Boston, and driving up to the Berkshires, for a weekend or more of relaxation, at our timeshare. It is quiet and nice there. The staff is excellent and friendly! I give it 10 thumbs up!! :grin :grin

Caroline

Jul 14, 2011

Why does everyone say it's bad, I have 2back to back weeks and when I go there for an appointment they give me $75, for 90 minutes of my time. Or maybe they just want Diamond members to buy more weeks! But prettymuch they just try to persuade you to buy a 3rdweek, It's worth it though!!

1-20 of 56 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.