Silverleaf Resorts - Prize of 49,000?

Has anyone gotten a phone call saying that u have one $49,000 or a mercedes?(Highest prize) All you have to do is go to The Oak and Spruce resort and they give you a scratch off ticket.The highest prize is $49,000 or a mecedes, next prize is 1500 shopping spree, and the lowest they say is $500 in cash.I asked them if that's the least I'm walking away with, and they said yes.

They say the 90 minute tour is optional.... hmmmm. DO I wanna drive 1hr 30 min with my husband and 3 kids to get scammed?

Please help.Anyone get a phone call like this from entering and winning a contest in the mall?

review #178708
124 312 Helpful?
Had the same issue229 Comments24
Had an experience with Silverleaf Resorts?  Submit review about this company
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

1 day ago #1002720

I got this too.

May 17 #985481

I went to the silver leaf resort in sheridan Il. When I arrived we waited in waiting area for about an hour or two. I brought my boy friend, 4 year old and 4 month old with me. It was a saturday and I didnt have much to do anyway. we sat in the lobby enjoyed face painting, refreshments, and a very long game of bingo, but the drive was bogus. 1 hour and a half trip. Once my name was called I was told by a representative that my resort representative was not there so I could proceed to get my prizes. So no one asked me to buy anything!!! We waited another hour and was called in to retrieve our prize. I was given to sheets of paper explaining the trips/cruise. After reading multiple reviews I notice that there are more complaints about the 90 min tour than the actual prizes. I never had a tour so my concern is the actual trips. I have seen people say the trips are real but they are hard to get and when you get there you spend more time at mandatory tours for timeshares than enjoying yourself. My thought is your already there what they going to do leave you in Hawaii??? Does anyone actually have an experience of taking a trip from there that they can share because I don't want to waste my money my time was enough. Please share your trip experiences if any. Thank you.

aida

Apr 16 #972901 New York, New York

did anyone wind up going? i got an invitation as well

Apr 17 #972966 Wareham, Massachusetts

Sorry, here's the link to my post about Silverleaf: http://www.pissedconsumer.com/reviews-by-company/silverleaf-resorts/silverleaf-resorts-scam-oak-n-spruce-lee-ma-location-20101011202186.html

1 1 Reply

Apr 17 #972967 Wareham, Massachusetts

If you scroll a few comments below, you will see another comment by me with the link to my post. This website isn't allowing me to reply to your comment with the link.

Oct 10, 2014 #883022

I got a call today And i dont know what to do i dont want to spend Money on gas i live in The bronx New york i dont Thats why i Am reading searching to see if this is a scam.

2 1 Reply
nobodyknows

Nov 30, 2013 #750526 Houston, Texas

Yes and its not worth it. As stated below you are better off getting an all exclusive trip on your oen or just paying for the cruise yourself.

TK

Nov 25, 2013 #747831 Dallas, Texas

This is a scam , I drove there to find out that they will give you a vacation deal that would be cheaper for you to buy online. $500, $1500 and the mercedez you have to win on a lottery ticket

8 0 Reply

Nov 13, 2013 #742026 Boston, Massachusetts

Please DO NOT fall for this! If you have a moment, please read my nightmare of an experience I posted on Pissed Consumer a couple of years ago: http://www.pissedconsumer.com/reviews-by-company/silverleaf-resorts/silverleaf-resorts-scam-oak-n-spruce-lee-ma-location-20101011202186.html.

Rule of thumb: "if something sou :) nds too good to be true, then it probably IS".

Best of luck to you! :)

Nov 13, 2013 #741890

I get these calls all the time and have done a few. Its a total scam.
They make you sit through 90 minutes of grueling *** about a garbage heap dump they want you to invest in (some properties are 20+ years away from actual completion). Then they hand you a card with 25 gold squares on it and ask you to scratch 5. If you reveal five pots of gold you win the grand prize, the odds are approximately 1:530000 that you will win that. The next three prizes are from a code on the back of the card. That code determines if you won 1500 shopping spree, 500 cash or a "dream vacation." The odds are even higher to win either the 1500 dollar shopping spree and the 500 cash. Interestingly what every one gets is a "dream vacation" at one of the companies resorts. They have had over 1500 complaints against just one resort in the last year. IT IS A SCAM.

2 0 Reply
inna

Jun 21, 2013 #667725 Chicago, Illinois

I actually won the scratch off, but you dont win. if you read the fine print its not actually free and barely even close to it. You win a vacation but the airfare, and fees that go along with the hotel arent free. Its a big scam they wasted my time. 5 hours they wouldnt leave me alone when they said it was only 90 min. i said i didnt wanna buy anything and the manager started yelling at me and saying WHYYY??? ARE YOU BROKE OR YOU JUST DONT LIKE THE CONDOS??!! just like that she insulted me to my face. Personally i only came there for a prize which I was told was ok. the condos that they were trying to sell me were so ugly. sewer that they claim is a fountain. and a pool. with an ugly condo. And they call that a RESORT....

5 0 Reply
TIMESHARE ADVOCATE

Sep 30, 2012 #548916

Timeshare Advocacy International Wins Lawsuit against World’s Largest Resort.
“We are excited to finally have this decision behind us so we can now focus on one thing, and that is our clients. During the last 2 years they have been trying to do one thing and that is to shut us up and bankrupt us through the court system. We always felt that at the end of the day a jury would see that TAI is in the
... Show more

0 1 Reply
TIMESHARE ADVOCATE

Aug 05, 2012 #524332

*CANCEL YOUR SILVERLEAF TIMESHARE*SIX HOUSTON AREA LOCATIONS*LICENSED TEXAS REALTOR*

After only 3 years in business, Timeshare Advocacy International, LLC (TAI) has completed over 1,200 Timeshare contract terminations. Saving our clients over $32 “million” dollars in total timeshare liabilities. We offer guaranteed results for all qualified properties.
TAI is committed to working closely with local timeshare owners. Our consultants advise you on how not to fall prey to the fraud and scams that are affecting owners worldwide. Why take the chance of becoming a victim to some out of state company?
Texas Licensed, Real Estate Professional.

CALL TODAY! (713) 554-3334 Ext. 805
Kevin Hanson
Licensed Timeshare Advocate
Kevin@timesharegone.com

0 0 Reply
went to silver leaf resort in

Feb 22, 2011 #252054

I went today had a 1230 appointment took abouth 40 mins for a sales man to get to me for the presentation, they started talking to me asked about my job told them, im layed off for three months like every year, cuz the winter, they said you can just pick up your prizes and dont have to bother with the presentation cuz im laid off. worked out well i got the $40.00 gift card a cruise, and a 5 night vacation, there are some fees its not totaly free they dident want to deal with trying to sell me a timeshare cuz they new i wasent gunna buy and thought i had no money so they dident wanna waste time on me.

4 0 Reply
some guy

Nov 03, 2010 #207395 Erode, Tamil Nadu

Im still waiting to hear if someone actually got anything from then they told me the least i could walk away with was 500 and trip to Florida or vagas

9 5 Reply

Oct 16, 2010 #201216 Wabasso, Florida

Scam,scam, SCAM! They promise you trips & cash prizes if you go to their "90 minute" presentation with their SLEAZY employees "salesmen". Ugh.

In a nutshell, you're lured there & promised valueable prizes if you make the LONG trip to their resort. Once you're there, this SHOULD be their HONEST sales pitch: Ha! You thought you'd get here & we'd give you cash & prizes?!? Hahaha...NO, how *** & naive are YOU?!?" But, wait, while you're here...do you want to BUY a timeshare from US?.

So, that's it. Believe me, I KNOW from experience with Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. and this VERY scenario. It's a SCAM to sell their over-booked, under-maintained timeshares. Never forget the rule of thumb: If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is!

Oct 16, 2010 #201214 Wabasso, Florida

2 0 Reply
chulaxvida01

Jun 03, 2010 #149896

hello well i received a call saying a won the cash prize give away n also i received a letter threw mail i have a reservation tomorrow all i want to know if this is real or its a scam plz let me know

aggie_girl

May 02, 2010 #139453

i got the same phone call and dont know if its true or not

1-20 of 24 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.