Silverleaf Resorts - Prize of 49,000?

Has anyone gotten a phone call saying that u have one $49,000 or a mercedes?(Highest prize) All you have to do is go to The Oak and Spruce resort and they give you a scratch off ticket.The highest prize is $49,000 or a mecedes, next prize is 1500 shopping spree, and the lowest they say is $500 in cash.I asked them if that's the least I'm walking away with, and they said yes.

They say the 90 minute tour is optional.... hmmmm. DO I wanna drive 1hr 30 min with my husband and 3 kids to get scammed?

Please help.Anyone get a phone call like this from entering and winning a contest in the mall?

More Review Details

Helpful? 334 Yes 334 132 No 132
Had the same issue 288 Yes 288
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 01 #1028344

I seemed to have "won" one of these at Six Flags too, but I noticed after I left the booth with some contact information everyone was winning. I'm glad I took a look here before I found out what this was all about. I know if they call or whatever to just tell them I'm not interested anymore

Aug 18 #1021235

I got one today saying the same thing. So I call the number and they told me to call back in 3 weeks and they would give me an appointment to come there. Also told me to bring drivers license and debit card. I asked them why did I need my debit card. She said so we can know it's you. But isn't that what my drivers license are for.

Nick

Jul 20 #1009890 Somerville, Massachusetts

Did anyone fill out a form at a Red Sox game for Instant Go??? They just called 3 weeks later to tell me I've won $49,000 and other trip prizes. Have to travel to Lee MA to claim. Sounds like from what I'm reading its a scam. Didn't fill out anything at a mall though. Going to contact rep at Fenway to find out more about this.

Beth

Jul 21 #1010175

Yes, I entered a drawing for Red Sox tickets at the mall and three weeks later got the same call. I asked them if it had anything to do with the Red Sox drawing and they didn't have specifics. They couldn't even tell me the contest entry period, except that it was 2015. Even if the Red Sox drawing was legit, I think they sold consumer information to Silver Leaf Resorts. I've got to read the fine print next time (if there is any). Good idea about calling Fenway. Let us know how that goes...

2 days ago #1028680

They don't sell it to Silver Leaf, Silver Leaf is the people you filled out the drawing with. Most people don't look at it closely (I filled one out for Red Sox tickets, and one for Patriots) but Silver Leaf is the one doing the raffle, so you actually gave your information to Silver Leaf.

Jul 17 #1008774

I just got that exact same call

Jul 11 #1006221

I got a letter yesterday about same prices too. Last year i went with my family and we ended up leaving with a trip to the exotic island adventure. Last year when we arrived they didnt do the 90 minutes thing. They just took me to their office and did a scratch thing and won the exotic island adventure. In my opinion.... It is not a scam as many people say.

Jul 11 #1006356

You won an "exotic island adventure"?! WOW, you must be REALLY lucky! Either that...or...it's a SCAM. Have you gone on the "exotic island adventure" yet? The people I've spoken to that "won" the same "trip" had to pay LOTS of taxes, fees & there were never any available flights on the very small window of dates they were told they had to choose from.

Jul 02 #1002720

I got this too.

May 17 #985481

I went to the silver leaf resort in sheridan Il. When I arrived we waited in waiting area for about an hour or two. I brought my boy friend, 4 year old and 4 month old with me. It was a saturday and I didnt have much to do anyway. we sat in the lobby enjoyed face painting, refreshments, and a very long game of bingo, but the drive was bogus. 1 hour and a half trip. Once my name was called I was told by a representative that my resort representative was not there so I could proceed to get my prizes. So no one asked me to buy anything!!! We waited another hour and was called in to retrieve our prize. I was given to sheets of paper explaining the trips/cruise. After reading multiple reviews I notice that there are more complaints about the 90 min tour than the actual prizes. I never had a tour so my concern is the actual trips. I have seen people say the trips are real but they are hard to get and when you get there you spend more time at mandatory tours for timeshares than enjoying yourself. My thought is your already there what they going to do leave you in Hawaii??? Does anyone actually have an experience of taking a trip from there that they can share because I don't want to waste my money my time was enough. Please share your trip experiences if any. Thank you.

3 0 Reply
aida

Apr 16 #972901 New York, New York

did anyone wind up going? i got an invitation as well

Apr 17 #972966 Wareham, Massachusetts

Sorry, here's the link to my post about Silverleaf: http://www.pissedconsumer.com/reviews-by-company/silverleaf-resorts/silverleaf-resorts-scam-oak-n-spruce-lee-ma-location-20101011202186.html

2 1 Reply

Apr 17 #972967 Wareham, Massachusetts

If you scroll a few comments below, you will see another comment by me with the link to my post. This website isn't allowing me to reply to your comment with the link.

2 0 Reply

Oct 10, 2014 #883022

I got a call today And i dont know what to do i dont want to spend Money on gas i live in The bronx New york i dont Thats why i Am reading searching to see if this is a scam.

3 3 Reply
nobodyknows

Nov 30, 2013 #750526 Houston, Texas

Yes and its not worth it. As stated below you are better off getting an all exclusive trip on your oen or just paying for the cruise yourself.

TK

Nov 25, 2013 #747831 Dallas, Texas

This is a scam , I drove there to find out that they will give you a vacation deal that would be cheaper for you to buy online. $500, $1500 and the mercedez you have to win on a lottery ticket

10 1 Reply

Nov 13, 2013 #742026 Boston, Massachusetts

Please DO NOT fall for this! If you have a moment, please read my nightmare of an experience I posted on Pissed Consumer a couple of years ago: http://www.pissedconsumer.com/reviews-by-company/silverleaf-resorts/silverleaf-resorts-scam-oak-n-spruce-lee-ma-location-20101011202186.html.

Rule of thumb: "if something sou :) nds too good to be true, then it probably IS".

Best of luck to you! :)

3 0 Reply

Nov 13, 2013 #741890

I get these calls all the time and have done a few. Its a total scam.
They make you sit through 90 minutes of grueling *** about a garbage heap dump they want you to invest in (some properties are 20+ years away from actual completion). Then they hand you a card with 25 gold squares on it and ask you to scratch 5. If you reveal five pots of gold you win the grand prize, the odds are approximately 1:530000 that you will win that. The next three prizes are from a code on the back of the card. That code determines if you won 1500 shopping spree, 500 cash or a "dream vacation." The odds are even higher to win either the 1500 dollar shopping spree and the 500 cash. Interestingly what every one gets is a "dream vacation" at one of the companies resorts. They have had over 1500 complaints against just one resort in the last year. IT IS A SCAM.

2 0 Reply
inna

Jun 21, 2013 #667725 Chicago, Illinois

I actually won the scratch off, but you dont win. if you read the fine print its not actually free and barely even close to it. You win a vacation but the airfare, and fees that go along with the hotel arent free. Its a big scam they wasted my time. 5 hours they wouldnt leave me alone when they said it was only 90 min. i said i didnt wanna buy anything and the manager started yelling at me and saying WHYYY??? ARE YOU BROKE OR YOU JUST DONT LIKE THE CONDOS??!! just like that she insulted me to my face. Personally i only came there for a prize which I was told was ok. the condos that they were trying to sell me were so ugly. sewer that they claim is a fountain. and a pool. with an ugly condo. And they call that a RESORT....

5 1 Reply

1-20 of 32 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.