Silverleaf Resorts - prize of 49,000?

Issue not resolved

Has anyone gotten a phone call saying that u have one $49,000 or a mercedes?(Highest prize) All you have to do is go to The Oak and Spruce resort and they give you a scratch off ticket.The highest prize is $49,000 or a mecedes, next prize is 1500 shopping spree, and the lowest they say is $500 in cash.I asked them if that's the least I'm walking away with, and they said yes.

They say the 90 minute tour is optional.... hmmmm. DO I wanna drive 1hr 30 min with my husband and 3 kids to get scammed?

Please help.Anyone get a phone call like this from entering and winning a contest in the mall?

d672a5d review #178708
267 Helpful? 100
Had the same issue105 Comments18 Report
Had an experience with Silverleaf Resorts?  Submit review about this company

Oct 10

I got a call today And i dont know what to do i dont want to spend Money on gas i live in The bronx New york i dont Thats why i Am reading searching to see if this is a scam.

nobodyknows

Nov 30, 2013 Houston, Texas

Yes and its not worth it. As stated below you are better off getting an all exclusive trip on your oen or just paying for the cruise yourself.

TK

Nov 25, 2013 Dallas, Texas

This is a scam , I drove there to find out that they will give you a vacation deal that would be cheaper for you to buy online. $500, $1500 and the mercedez you have to win on a lottery ticket

4 0 Reply

Nov 13, 2013 Boston, Massachusetts

Please DO NOT fall for this! If you have a moment, please read my nightmare of an experience I posted on Pissed Consumer a couple of years ago: http://www.pissedconsumer.com/reviews-by-company/silverleaf-resorts/silverleaf-resorts-scam-oak-n-spruce-lee-ma-location-20101011202186.html.

Rule of thumb: "if something sou :) nds too good to be true, then it probably IS".

Best of luck to you! :)

Nov 13, 2013

I get these calls all the time and have done a few. Its a total scam.
They make you sit through 90 minutes of grueling *** about a garbage heap dump they want you to invest in (some properties are 20+ years away from actual completion). Then they hand you a card with 25 gold squares on it and ask you to scratch 5. If you reveal five pots of gold you win the grand prize, the odds are approximately 1:530000 that you will win that. The next three prizes are from a code on the back of the card. That code determines if you won 1500 shopping spree, 500 cash or a "dream vacation." The odds are even higher to win either the 1500 dollar shopping spree and the 500 cash. Interestingly what every one gets is a "dream vacation" at one of the companies resorts. They have had over 1500 complaints against just one resort in the last year. IT IS A SCAM.

inna

Jun 21, 2013 Chicago, Illinois

I actually won the scratch off, but you dont win. if you read the fine print its not actually free and barely even close to it. You win a vacation but the airfare, and fees that go along with the hotel arent free. Its a big scam they wasted my time. 5 hours they wouldnt leave me alone when they said it was only 90 min. i said i didnt wanna buy anything and the manager started yelling at me and saying WHYYY??? ARE YOU BROKE OR YOU JUST DONT LIKE THE CONDOS??!! just like that she insulted me to my face. Personally i only came there for a prize which I was told was ok. the condos that they were trying to sell me were so ugly. sewer that they claim is a fountain. and a pool. with an ugly condo. And they call that a RESORT....

3 0 Reply
TIMESHARE ADVOCATE

Sep 30, 2012

Timeshare Advocacy International Wins Lawsuit against World’s Largest Resort.
“We are excited to finally have this decision behind us so we can now focus on one thing, and that is our clients. During the last 2 years they have been trying to do one thing and that is to shut us up and bankrupt us through the court system. We always felt that at the end of the day a jury would see that TAI is in the
... Show more

TIMESHARE ADVOCATE

Aug 05, 2012

*CANCEL YOUR SILVERLEAF TIMESHARE*SIX HOUSTON AREA LOCATIONS*LICENSED TEXAS REALTOR*

After only 3 years in business, Timeshare Advocacy International, LLC (TAI) has completed over 1,200 Timeshare contract terminations. Saving our clients over $32 “million” dollars in total timeshare liabilities. We offer guaranteed results for all qualified properties.
TAI is committed to working closely with local timeshare owners. Our consultants advise you on how not to fall prey to the fraud and scams that are affecting owners worldwide. Why take the chance of becoming a victim to some out of state company?
Texas Licensed, Real Estate Professional.

CALL TODAY! (713) 554-3334 Ext. 805
Kevin Hanson
Licensed Timeshare Advocate
Kevin@timesharegone.com

0 0 Reply
went to silver leaf resort in

Feb 22, 2011

I went today had a 1230 appointment took abouth 40 mins for a sales man to get to me for the presentation, they started talking to me asked about my job told them, im layed off for three months like every year, cuz the winter, they said you can just pick up your prizes and dont have to bother with the presentation cuz im laid off. worked out well i got the $40.00 gift card a cruise, and a 5 night vacation, there are some fees its not totaly free they dident want to deal with trying to sell me a timeshare cuz they new i wasent gunna buy and thought i had no money so they dident wanna waste time on me.

some guy

Nov 03, 2010 Erode, Tamil Nadu

Im still waiting to hear if someone actually got anything from then they told me the least i could walk away with was 500 and trip to Florida or vagas

4 1 Reply

Oct 16, 2010 Wabasso, Florida

Scam,scam, SCAM! They promise you trips & cash prizes if you go to their "90 minute" presentation with their SLEAZY employees "salesmen". Ugh.

In a nutshell, you're lured there & promised valueable prizes if you make the LONG trip to their resort. Once you're there, this SHOULD be their HONEST sales pitch: Ha! You thought you'd get here & we'd give you cash & prizes?!? Hahaha...NO, how *** & naive are YOU?!?" But, wait, while you're here...do you want to BUY a timeshare from US?.

So, that's it. Believe me, I KNOW from experience with Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. and this VERY scenario. It's a SCAM to sell their over-booked, under-maintained timeshares. Never forget the rule of thumb: If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is!

Oct 16, 2010 Wabasso, Florida

chulaxvida01

Jun 03, 2010

hello well i received a call saying a won the cash prize give away n also i received a letter threw mail i have a reservation tomorrow all i want to know if this is real or its a scam plz let me know

aggie_girl

May 02, 2010

i got the same phone call and dont know if its true or not

MSgt in Texas

May 01, 2010

Wow, Just a Girl, an honest ex-employee.

Really, folks, you got to learn how to 'play' the game. Yes, you've got a 'chance' to win $50,000 or a new Mercedes...ONE 'chance' in several million.

Hold off on customer service calls until they offer you at least $100 to go visit the resort...go on a weekday if they offer you $150.

Do not bring your checkbook! When you get to the resort, leave your credit/debit cards in the glove compartment or trunk of your car.

REMEMBER these 'sales people' are PROFESSIONALS and they are 'hungry.' They are paid on commission ONLY. If you don't buy, they don't get paid. MAKE them nervous by saying 'NO!'

Let's practice...'NO.' Again...'NO.'

IF you must (?) buy, hold out for 'ZERO' maintenance fees and 'ZERO' percentage on the loan. If they don't agree, say 'NO, NO, NO.'

YOU are in the proverbial driver's seat. You control the meeting. You don't have your checkbook or your credit/debit cards. Get your money and prizes and smile nicely at them. BE HAPPY that you've beaten the PROFESSIONALS.

The more often you practice disappointing the sales people, the BETTER you get at making sales people cry (or earn their money).

REMEMBER: SALES PEOPLE are NOT your FRIENDS.

2 0 Reply
Just a Girl

Apr 27, 2010

I've been to the presentation back a few years ago, loved the resort, but sadly I couldn't afford to invest in it at the time. I had a good experience with them. A few years later I was in need of a job and ended up working for their call center. As with any job you have to meet a certain standard. I would tell people exactly what was going on with the phone call/letter they recieved, and even share my experience with them. I had customers contact me back telling me that they actually enjoyed their time there. A lot of people have horror stories about what happens to them at any place. How many people have had a grouchy Wal-Mart cashier but still go back. Everyone is entitled to a bad day here and there. Cut the sales guys a break. Go have fun and enjoy some beautiful scenery and a nice relaxing drive to the country with the family. However I would advise if you have young children find a baby sitter.

MSgt in Texas

Apr 19, 2010

If you're on the FB networking website, inquire on "Silverleaf Resorts."

There are numerous complaints on this website and others about Silverleaf Resorts. MOST comments are not complimentary...in fact, outright BAD.

There are some from folks who seem OK with the Silverleaf Resort system...I'm one of them.

Of course, I do not pay any MAINTENANCE FEES (approximately $70 per month whether you use your deeded week or not). That's right...ZERO maintenance fees.

FYI...$70 per month equals $840 per year...if you keep your deeded week for 20 years, that's $16,800 (for 20 years). AND, it doesn't matter if you use your deeded week(s) or not...you still pay (in addition to the price you pay for the deeded week).

ALSO, our four adult (and married) children are listed with my wife and I on our deed. That means that they can also make reservations with Customer Service and check in by themselves...believe me, this is a very important issue.

Check everything you can find on the Internet about Silverleaf Resorts...the sales people at the resort are NOT your best friend...they only get money from commissions on sales...if you don't buy, they don't get paid. They are NOT looking out for your best interest...they want to get paid.

AND one final thought---these sales people are PROFESSIONALS and some (maybe not all) would sell out their mothers and their family members JUST SO THEY MAKE A
... Show more

shayne

Apr 19, 2010

we were contacted today 4/19. same thing.

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.