Silverleaf Resorts - Prize of 49,000?

Has anyone gotten a phone call saying that u have one $49,000 or a mercedes?(Highest prize) All you have to do is go to The Oak and Spruce resort and they give you a scratch off ticket.The highest prize is $49,000 or a mecedes, next prize is 1500 shopping spree, and the lowest they say is $500 in cash.I asked them if that's the least I'm walking away with, and they said yes.

They say the 90 minute tour is optional.... hmmmm. DO I wanna drive 1hr 30 min with my husband and 3 kids to get scammed?

Please help.Anyone get a phone call like this from entering and winning a contest in the mall?

More Review Details

Helpful? 334 Yes 334 133 No 133
Had the same issue 289 Yes 289
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 29 #1040580

It's a scam in life not even real friends come that easy

Sep 28 #1040152

I just called and the ladies who picked up was honest with me, she said that it was most likely to win the exotic trip but they don't pay it full that most of the Tripp I will be paying for it, and that she understood if I didn't wanted to continue, but is true and 9/10 get mad because thats what they get and don't get the chance to win the other prices. so yeah guys is just a waist of time and gas

Sep 18 #1035474

Yeah I got a call but I am a little hesitant because my mom says that all they are trying to do is to get you to buy a resort. But I don't know. What if I actually won and I didn't go??

Sep 01 #1028344

I seemed to have "won" one of these at Six Flags too, but I noticed after I left the booth with some contact information everyone was winning. I'm glad I took a look here before I found out what this was all about. I know if they call or whatever to just tell them I'm not interested anymore

Aug 18 #1021235

I got one today saying the same thing. So I call the number and they told me to call back in 3 weeks and they would give me an appointment to come there. Also told me to bring drivers license and debit card. I asked them why did I need my debit card. She said so we can know it's you. But isn't that what my drivers license are for.

2 0 Reply

Jul 20 #1009890 Somerville, Massachusetts

Did anyone fill out a form at a Red Sox game for Instant Go??? They just called 3 weeks later to tell me I've won $49,000 and other trip prizes. Have to travel to Lee MA to claim. Sounds like from what I'm reading its a scam. Didn't fill out anything at a mall though. Going to contact rep at Fenway to find out more about this.

Jul 21 #1010175

Yes, I entered a drawing for Red Sox tickets at the mall and three weeks later got the same call. I asked them if it had anything to do with the Red Sox drawing and they didn't have specifics. They couldn't even tell me the contest entry period, except that it was 2015. Even if the Red Sox drawing was legit, I think they sold consumer information to Silver Leaf Resorts. I've got to read the fine print next time (if there is any). Good idea about calling Fenway. Let us know how that goes...

Sep 02 #1028680

They don't sell it to Silver Leaf, Silver Leaf is the people you filled out the drawing with. Most people don't look at it closely (I filled one out for Red Sox tickets, and one for Patriots) but Silver Leaf is the one doing the raffle, so you actually gave your information to Silver Leaf.

Jul 17 #1008774

I just got that exact same call

Jul 11 #1006221

I got a letter yesterday about same prices too. Last year i went with my family and we ended up leaving with a trip to the exotic island adventure. Last year when we arrived they didnt do the 90 minutes thing. They just took me to their office and did a scratch thing and won the exotic island adventure. In my opinion.... It is not a scam as many people say.

Jul 11 #1006356

You won an "exotic island adventure"?! WOW, you must be REALLY lucky! Either's a SCAM. Have you gone on the "exotic island adventure" yet? The people I've spoken to that "won" the same "trip" had to pay LOTS of taxes, fees & there were never any available flights on the very small window of dates they were told they had to choose from.

2 0 Reply

Jul 02 #1002720

I got this too.

May 17 #985481

I went to the silver leaf resort in sheridan Il. When I arrived we waited in waiting area for about an hour or two. I brought my boy friend, 4 year old and 4 month old with me. It was a saturday and I didnt have much to do anyway. we sat in the lobby enjoyed face painting, refreshments, and a very long game of bingo, but the drive was bogus. 1 hour and a half trip. Once my name was called I was told by a representative that my resort representative was not there so I could proceed to get my prizes. So no one asked me to buy anything!!! We waited another hour and was called in to retrieve our prize. I was given to sheets of paper explaining the trips/cruise. After reading multiple reviews I notice that there are more complaints about the 90 min tour than the actual prizes. I never had a tour so my concern is the actual trips. I have seen people say the trips are real but they are hard to get and when you get there you spend more time at mandatory tours for timeshares than enjoying yourself. My thought is your already there what they going to do leave you in Hawaii??? Does anyone actually have an experience of taking a trip from there that they can share because I don't want to waste my money my time was enough. Please share your trip experiences if any. Thank you.

5 0 Reply

Apr 16 #972901 New York, New York

did anyone wind up going? i got an invitation as well

Apr 17 #972966 Wareham, Massachusetts

Sorry, here's the link to my post about Silverleaf:

3 1 Reply

Apr 17 #972967 Wareham, Massachusetts

If you scroll a few comments below, you will see another comment by me with the link to my post. This website isn't allowing me to reply to your comment with the link.

3 1 Reply

Oct 10, 2014 #883022

I got a call today And i dont know what to do i dont want to spend Money on gas i live in The bronx New york i dont Thats why i Am reading searching to see if this is a scam.

3 3 Reply

Nov 30, 2013 #750526 Houston, Texas

Yes and its not worth it. As stated below you are better off getting an all exclusive trip on your oen or just paying for the cruise yourself.

1 1 Reply

Nov 25, 2013 #747831 Dallas, Texas

This is a scam , I drove there to find out that they will give you a vacation deal that would be cheaper for you to buy online. $500, $1500 and the mercedez you have to win on a lottery ticket

12 2 Reply

1-20 of 35 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.