Un ethinical Business Practices

My name is Kenyata Simmons(kenyatasimmons07@***.com) I went to the silverleaf to redeem my free gift I recieved at raffle and was held for 5 hours 3 of those hours after the fact that I had told the Sales managers(3 of them) that I didnt want any plan and that I was focused on my schooling, work, and career. I also told them that I was going to be late for class and there only concer was that I bought a plan or sign up for a plan. On top of that I was late for class Failed my final exam due to time restrictions. I dont want the plan Didnt want any plan and felt like I was held hostage and wasnt going to be let out of the office intill I bought something.
#711933

I can help you to stop your monthly payments, protect your credit and get you out of your loan balance. I have helped over 4000 client's so far and we have six offices in Houston, TX. Kevin Hanson 713-554-****

Silverleaf just sold out to genpact an India company. They are no longer an American company thanks to Cerberus who's been running silverleaf into the ground.

Mount Laurel, New Jersey

Scam i have proof

these are the ways they will try to lie and scam you here are some of the handouts they give us to try to sell you and the sick part is that it works and its all scripted and on the gift code page if you tell them those codes on the page that you were promised them they might have to give you those all codes are the same there are no tomorrow offers its always the same so please dont let your self get scammed by silverleaf resorts inc because i warned you be safe and remember dont buy a timeshare there very expensive
#711934

I can help you to stop your monthly payments, protect your credit and get you out of your loan balance. I have helped over 4000 client's so far and we have six offices in Houston, TX. Go to TimeshareGone.com Kevin Hanson 713-554-****

:( Silverleaf just sold out to genpact an India company. They are no longer an American company thanks to Cerberus who's been running silverleaf into the ground trying to make a buck.

This is a sad deal when you destroy a good American company a take it to India. :cry

@PissedConsumer711313

I can't stand silverleaf resorts and I'm willing to help anyone get out of their contacts today call 214.299.1308 Brad Overstreet

I recently had a horrifying experience with SIlverleaf!!! Just about 2 and a half weeks ago I got suckered into signing a contract with them.

they tell you so many LIES, how many benefits you will get, of which 90% aren't true! Please do not become a victim of Silverleaf!!! If in case you do, you have 5 days to cancel the contract! So be sure of what you are getting into.

I was a member for 2 weeks when I went to Fix River, where I found out everything was a lie, all the benefits that were promised to me, were not true! I was offered to upgrade in order to receive some of the benefits I thought I was entitled to when I signed two weeks before. They wanted to double the price!!! I was given the run around, spoke with corporate, never receiving an answer!!!

So I contacted the Better Business Bureau, and 3 days later, I get a call stating that they were authorized to terminate my contract!!

So if there is anyone out there who THINKS they are stuck with them, contact the BBB and the Attorney General, they WILL help!! We can't let SIlverleaf cheat people any longer!!!

View more comments (3)

Be Caerful

If you are a Silverleaf owner, be very careful about upgrading to Presidential status. They claim that your trading power will increase with RCI but in fact it does not. Be espeically careful at Hill Country Resort, they are not truthful about upgrades - you will end up with a bigger payment and no increase in trading power as promised. When contacted for help, Silverleaf so call Service department would not even give an inch of help. Bottomline, take a lawyer with you if you want to upgrade because you will need one to interpret the many page contract that you will have to sign.
#711937

I can help you to stop your monthly payments, protect your credit and get you out of your loan balance. In some cases we have even got some of our client's a refund based on fraud and misrepresentation.

We have successfully helped over 4000 client's so far and we have offices in Houston, Austin & San Antonio with Licensed Texas Realtors. Visit us on the web at TimeshareGone.com and ask to speak with Kevin Hanson or give me a call at 713-554-****

San Antonio, Texas
Loss

Silverleaf - I have filed 3 phone scam solicitation reports to FTC about this company

I have never and will never do business with this company, however, apparently they have time and resources to burn by continuing to call my home to 'make a deal'. It all began when I answered a call from 817.525.1024 SilverLeaf Reso and told the caller they had the wrong number. The caller laughed and said "No problem. I will tell you".. I told them I was on the No Call List and was not interested in anything they were selling and not to call again. They have logged 24 calls in 10 days - even after being told I am not at all interested. I have opened the line and hung up, used a whistle into the phone, ignored them etc. What a bunch of idiots. If you do any business with this company you deserve what you get.

You're a ***!

The last comment hit home a little hard, but alas, very much indeed, correct. :sigh

#711938

Past Tour Guide Walked Out Due To Poor Selling Tactics

I worked at Fox River Resort a few years ago, for all of about a month. The selling tactics there are AWFUL!!! I actually walked out on this job due to how they treated a customer of mine. I've worked MANY sales jobs and this one is by far the worst for pressuring the customer and making them feel HORRIBLE if they don't buy. A sales job is about helping someone find something that will improve something in his or her life, whether it's for work, school or home life. Yes, you want to make the sale, but you should actually be HELPING your customer, not hindering. But, these people are NASTY. My position was as a tour guide, so my job was not to PRESSURE you, but to show you all the positives, benefits and amenities included...which I might add I thought were really great. But, once I took the customer to the "negotiation room" as I liked to call it, it really wasn't up to me. I was to sit down at a table with the customer and if the customer was sold immediately, I was to signal "1" with my hand and someone would come complete the sale. If not, I was to signal "2" and a second salesperson--or "manager"--came to the table to negotiate further and make more clear the benefits of owning a timeshare with the company. But, what they really did was try to FORCE you into deciding NOW. That's it. You usually had no idea what you were walking into to begin with either. I had a gentleman who really WANTED to buy but needed to have his fiancee with him to completely make that decision. Because the resort INSISTED he come anyway without his fiancee since she was out of town that week, he could NOT make the decision. He would have bought the timeshare, but because the resort is SOOOOO insistent on hurrying you along and forcing a decision on you that day, telling you it's the ONLY TIME they will offer you this deal (which is, by the way ALWAYS available), they lost that customer due to poor selling techniques and poor customer courtesy. I myself would LOVE to own a timeshare, but I wouldn't want to deal with the sales staff at this location because they are so pushy and rude.
#711939

We just returned from our second sales trip to to the Fox River Resort in 10 years. It's the same as it ever was.

Overland Park, Kansas

No time ever at a Silverleaf Resort

My Fiance and I got this promotion and went to the 90 minute tour, which as everyone else has stated was well over 4 hours. We were talked to by a few different people and though this was a good deal so we got into the time share. Well, with this being said, we have yet been able to go to the closest resort and use our bonus time. We have called them and complained and we get the same excuse every time....this is peak season and everyone is using their allotted weeks. Well, this is not how it was told to us, we were told that it would be easy to use our bonus time to go on a 3 day trip to one of the resorts. Mind you, I have tried multiple times to set something up and nothing is ever available. We have also called on of the people that said call me anytime and I will help with whatever I can...still waiting on that call back. I wish we had did a little more research with this company before we signed on the dotted line. Now were are looking into just selling it and loosing what ever money we have paid on this already to just get out of it. I hope that anyone else who gets this, heads the warnings and does their research.
#720877

Have you researched on how to sale?? Wondering we were talking about it and had the same problem as you but when the kids went back to school we had a nice weekend and this one coming hoping just as nice! But why should we only be able to use when kids are in school

#711940

Galveston, Texas
Loss

OMG!!!!!they make promises but they're all lies

I went to a 90 min presentation that lasted 3 hours.My daughter and I were "booked" for a week July 27-Aug 3 2013.I paid $800.Although this really shouldn't matter I am disabled and on a fixwd income so that's alot of money to me. I called to confirm a week before only because it has been a year since i had booked it. I was told that there was no reservation and I can't get a vacation in the summer at all unless I want to go to Georgia. Went through *** for weeks they would not even return a phone call. Basically I was screwd out of my money and am taking a vacation alone in October. My daughter is in school so she can't go with me. The managers lie and even went as far as to say they were going to fire John the salesman for lying to us but of course he never returned our calls. Its all a SCAM!!!!!!!!!
#711941

Lee, Massachusetts
Loss

This is a scam....all they do is lie!!!!

We were approached at a kids expo about their resort in Tyler, TX. Like many others we were told that this was brand new and they were trying to get the word out about it. They offered 3 days and 2 nights at the resort and 4 waterpark passes plus a 3 day 2 night vacation to one of 14 cities just for attending a 90 minute tour. We went ahead and paid the $79 because it sounded like fun. When we booked about 2 months later we were told it would be an additional $40 because it was peak season. We were ok with that we headed to Tyler about 2 weeks later. Lie #1: We arrive at the resort played around on the computer for about 5 minutes she had her manager come over. The manager said only members stay at the resort and they didn't know why we would be told we could stay there. She said they probably booked us at the Sleep Inn and she would check. Our reservation WAS at the Sleep Inn and not there. Soooooo why were we charged for booking during peak time and we didn't even stay at the resort??? From the looks of the resort we were actually better off at the hotel. The Sleep Inn was very nice and clean and even had a complimentary breakfast that was pretty good. The Sleep Inn was in the part of town close to all the cool restaurants and shopping. Lie #2: The 90 minute tour was actually 4+ hours, but I will get back to that. Lie #3: After me reading about 2 hours worth of reviews on here, you will NOT get what you think you will get. All they do is scam you out of money for something you probably won't use. Now to the "90 minute tour" You arrive and wait to be called. We waited for about 30 minutes whereas others said they've waited close to 2 hours. The sales person calls your name and sits down to talk about how and when you travel and how you spend family time. That alone was about 45 minutes. Then your sales person shows you a model of one of the condos that is very nice and then takes you around the resort which takes another 30 minutes. You were probably like us and thought to yourself "This place looks *** Once you get back they tell you the cost which was about $2800 or so down plus $400+ per month for 36 months plus $78 maintenance fees. They tell you all about what you get and how to use the RTI program which allows you to trade your week there for another place practically anywhere in the world for only $209.Once you say "that is more than I want to pay", they thank you and have their manager come and finish up. This took about another 45 minutes or so. This manager offers you a better deal than the sales person so it does sound tempting. When you still say "it is too much" the manager leaves for about 10minutes and comes back with a sparkle in her eye. They come back and tell you someone has just miraculously upgraded to a higher package and they can offer you their old package for what they paid for even less than they quoted you before. You still tell them no and they keep trying. Finally when they are done with you they say a supervisor or someone will get you on your way. You've just spent another hour or so with this person, your tired, hungry and ready to get your prizes and leave. Now the supervisor comes and offers an even better deal, the "sampler" package and this sounds really good and affordable. DO NOT GIVE IN AT THIS POINT, THIS PLACE IS A TOTALLY RIP OFF!!!You finally just get firm and tell them that this place is a dump and you wouldn't bring stray dogs here and finally they back off. This only took about 10 minutes. They take you to another building where you claim your prizes. The trips sound really good especially the ones with free airfare. It's all a bunch of baloney!!!!! After you read the fine print on the brochure they make you pay a deposit, pick 3 different dates, and by the time you jump through a bunch of hoops you just say "forget it". (Note:You don't do any of this until once you get home.) This is a scam and I feel so sorry for these people on here that have their hard earned money tied up in a crock of *** like this. Hopefully if you are reading this you are reading this prior to your "90 minute" tour. NO MATTER WHAT THEY TELL YOU DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!!!!!

Thank so much for posting this. Me and my husband were suppose to go to this next weekend. Glad I read all of these.

@PissedConsumer800203

did you get the money you put down back

We have not been to Silverleaf but it's the same as one we went to 20 years ago in Georgia! Nothing has changed--we also bought in at the bargain basement price.

We have since paid off the sales price but the maintenance continues, although happily has not greatly increased over 20 years. We generally rent our week out and recoup our annual costs. We have another 5 years or so then we're out--no way we could sell it, everyone's hip to it!

The thing we learned---do the math.

Add up the cost of the timeshare, the annual costs, the reservation fees, and the cost of belonging to RCI and it is usually way higher than you would spend if you booked a family vacation straight up!

Learn how to spell "Bologana" you dumb ***! People like you are the ones that feel like they got scammed because your uneducated!

You're full of *** and so are these other people that agree with you.

I love my Timeshare and Silverleaf is good to me and my family. So eat *** you coward!

#711942

We have successfully helped over 4000 clients so far and we have offices in Houston, Austin & San Antonio with Licensed Texas Realtors. Visit us on the web at TimeshareGone.com and ask to speak with Kevin Hanson or give me a call at 713-554-****

View more comments (4)
Dallas, Texas
Silverleaf Resorts Vacation Package Booking
Loss

Scam me once shame on you...

My husband and I purchased our Silver Leaf property about 4 years ago. And in the 4 years we have never gone during our seasonal time. The resorts have been horrendously kept, the customer service has been hit or miss and it always seems what one rep says another negates it. I recently was told I could sale my property that Silver Leaf has a department that advertises your property and sales it got you for a small fee. PLEASE DO NOT FALL FOR THIS. It is another Silver Leaf scam. What they don't tell you is that the property can take YEARS to sell and the fee is non refundable. They are a nightmare that won't go away.
#711943

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Where is my vacation

I went out to Galveston, Texas I were told I had won a trip to Vegas. I fill out the registration. And I have not heard anything else. Christol Miller old address is 12603 woodforest Blvd #1209 Houston, Texas 77015 now I live at 794 Normandy #622 Houston,texas 77015. I have not hear anything concerning my trip. The owner name is SANDRA PAREDES Director Of Owner service. I really trusted these people just what would of happen if I had Bought one of the properties. And your word means a hold lots to me and will take you for in your Business
#711944

You are SO lucky to have not heard from them. I can promise that you would hate this free vacation trip.

Refer to this same page for timeshare "sales" and other problems. Stay as far away from them as you can.

Took my unit

Silver Leaf foreclosed on my unit without notifiy me. After I paid my unit in fullover 20K for a 2bdrm unit there foreclosed on it due to the fact I NEVER recieved a bill for maintenace after I moved when I called to put the unit in RCI for exchange I was told we don't have you as a member I had to find my acct # and was then told it was foreclosed upon for non payment on maintenace of 1085.00 so I apid 20K and they TOOK my unit without me ever knowing. Never send me certified mail to even a phone call to let me know this was happening. DO NOT DO NOT buy from the BS artist.
#711945

We are accredited with the BBB and have an A rating! Visit us on the web at TimeshareGone.com and ask to speak with Kevin Hanson or give me a call at 713-554-****

How long ago did this happen? Email me at notimeshare@***.com they are required to attemp to contact you.

If you were financing the timeshare, Silverleaf wouldn't have foreclosed. They are crooks.

@PissedConsumer685910

It just happened to me. How can you help us

$20000

Complete waste of time. Avoid if you can.

I’m so glad I did my research before going to their “90-minute presentation.” I and my girlfriend purchased a vacation package at Wrentham Outlets for $99. Just like everyone else, we were told that we would get a $40 visa car and another vacation getaway certificate upon completion of the sales pitch. Since I had never been to the Berkshires, I though it was an amazing deal to get a hotel room for that price. We were told that they wanted to promote their resort and to spread the words out. And so we decided to buy the package, paid up-front with my card and signed a document stating that we would attend their sessions. My guts kept telling me that this deal was too good to be true, but I thought to myself that it wouldn’t hurt to sit through the so-called presentation to get our gifts. It did hurt. Upon my research, I really didn’t want to go to their pitch at all, knowing that they would bully people into buying their timeshares. However, the fact that they had my card info and that I signed their document really worried me. We decided to go, nonetheless. It turned out that they had put us at a hotel in Pittsfield, which I’m still glad we were able to stay there, instead of their “beautiful” Oaks N’ Spruce resort. We got to Pittsfield on Friday night and had a nice dinner at a Spanish restaurant. The next day, we visited a local tourist attraction before heading to Oaks N’ Spruce for the presentation in the afternoon. Our appointment was at 2pm, but we had to wait an hour before a sales rep brought us to their infamous sales room. There, you can see all the naïve families that could fall prey to their timeshare program. The sales rep started out by asking us how much we would spend each year on hotel, transportation and food on our vacations. Then, he showed us their program, and how “good” it was. I knew from the beginning that I wanted nothing to do with this kind of scam, so I simply kept listening to his stories. He took us on a tour of the resort, and I could not believe that amenities they promoted. The pools were awful, and the miniature golf courses and movie theatre was a joke. The model room was obviously nice, but the surrounding areas weren’t that great. All in all, it gave me sort of a motel feel. After we got back to the sales room, the rep showed us the numbers and different options. We kept saying no. And so, as you would imagine, he brought out a bigger gun. Another sales guy, a type who used to be a car dealer, came to the table, walked through the numbers, and offered a “better” deal. It was even funny that the first sales guy said, “oh wow, that’s a great deal.” We kept saying no. The second guy went back to check with his manager for 15 minutes and came out with another offer. We said no, again. It had already taken us nearly 2 hours. Finally, the corporate guy came and offered another great deal. There I was, wondering how people could fall for these deals. From $13,000 to $10,000, to $8,000, to $6,000, to $3,000, and finally, to $800??? I mean, seriously?! One could only imagine what other fees these timeshare might come up with. We got our $40 visa card and another vacation certificate, which we don’t plan on using. I have never written any reviews, but this one really prompted me to express my experience and opinion. I actually felt sorry for the first sales rep. Perhaps, he would have taken other jobs if he could. Hope this could give some people a heads-up if they decide to go on one of the Silverleaf vacation package. I really wonder how much longer they can keep scamming people, as review articles circle the Internet.

yeah those bad scammers have over 200 000 happy owners that go on vacations and laugh at you and your $40 visa card comments.and do not worry about the salesman he is well taken care of if he sees $40 on the ground he will not pick it up but you made it big deal over it remember THE ONLY REASON YOU DID NOT BUY IS YOU DID NOT HAVE ANY MONEY

@PissedConsumer725597

HAHAHA! you are a joke.

you're an empty husk of a person.

Money isn't everything.

But I'm sure you won't figure that out until it's far too late.

or maybe you already know it and just try to fool everyone.

Misery loves company.

Remember that when you are crying yourself to sleep in your timeshare, laying next to someone that only loves you for the money and stuff.

or possibly no one is there at all...

#711946

Boston, Massachusetts
Silverleaf Resorts Vacation Ownership

Badgered and beseiged

In january I went to hill country for the $120 gas card. At the upgrade meeting I explained I was in the middle of a divorce and couldn't afford what I had. Some how after a long 4 hour drive and two hours of saying no to every option I finally said yes to get them off my back. They kept misstating my income and I was too tired . I sent an email to cancel but they didn't get it. Now I can't afford the payment I was told too bad..suck it up and pay one way or another. Stay away!!!
#711947

These Advocate Companies want thousands to guarantee to get you out of your contract. But to them is you are foreclosed on, they got you out.

I have helped several Silverleaf owners get out of their contracts, you can use the misrepresntations against the resorts. The sales people are representing the company.

I work by myself and I get results without charging you a lot of upfront money. You pay only the amount to order court records from past lawsuits against Silverleaf, criminal background checks on the sales people and news articles from the internet they require pay. Then I get paid after you get your money back.

My website is www.timesharetricks.blogsite.com and email is notimeshare@***.com

Can you seriously be that dumb? You drove FOUR HOURS to get a $120 gas card??

Then you just give in to the sales team and sign a contract for payments you cant afford?

Hudson Bend, Texas
Loss

I will not be ignored by silverleaf!

Me and my husband went...he filled out a form at a car show and they called him to come out. For a free trip most people do, when they are told there is no obligation to buy. So for the people saying you went just for the free trip, your right. We went and told them we couldn't buy because our son was just starting college. So they gave us the BS story that our kids can use it if they were over 18, sounded good to us that they could use it too. I still was unsure if we could swing it. Came at us with a Blue white week everyother year for six thousand. Got us with it will go to the kids.. and so on... Who doesn't want to do something nice for their kids. So we put a down payment, and our payments for a month 121.00 which we could do. Two months later we get a call for an owners meeting. We go, they gave us a big room so we called my son to bring his girlfriend and his daughter. The room smelled so bad. So we told someone and they said that the people before left bad food or something, and that they would clean it. It looked like they were doing it. Smell still stayed. So we go to the meeting... I happened to listen to the people next to us with a rep...I get it they want us to upgrade....NO...while at that meeting we are told that my kids can't use it because they are not on the deed. (and no way in *** will I do that to them). We had not idea what was involved in the RCI..and we asked and they told us that we were supposed to go to the RCI orientation. We were never notified of such a thing. And I asked the rep why would we want to upgrade when we hadn't had a chance to use it. So after two hours we left Not Upgrading. We met the kids and went to the indoor pool and hot tub. When we left about a day after we were all sick. It was a respitory thing. When we came home I started to google silverleaf. We new nothing about them prior. Thats when the sick feeling started to sink in. So we figured we would just put our weeks in RCI...now to find out our points won't get us nowhere..so the payments were being taken out of our bank account everymonth..no problem. The last couple of months They have taken out dues...I did not authorize this and They gave me no notice they were doing it. So I changed payment to mail...This month we hit a financial snag was late sending it...one week late the calls are relentless...week two unbearable... I sent the check this week. They call me everyday almost five times a day. And tell me they will keep calling till they get the check. I am all set with this and ready to fight... I have emailed them and will wait for a response. If I get none..Somehow know I won't. I will make a complain with the BB and then the Attorney General...and I am not stopping there..I intend to draft a letter and send it to every sports venue and mall in my state where they are allowed to prey on people. And then I intend to appeal to the colleges for they prey on them to either buy or to work for them...My son is in college and I would no way want him to work for them... and I am pretty sure alot of parents would feel this way..I am done being harrassed it's time to give it back! They have to be stopped they do not give you what you pay for.
#711948

You don't have to take this from Siverleaf. Their salesman are representatives of Silverleaf. If they have lied to you and misrepresented what you purchased, you can hold them accountable.

Visit my website at www.timesharetricks.blogspot.com you can get out of that contract without spending thousands to do so,

THIS IS THE SAME THING THAT HAPPENED TO ME AND MY HUSBAND!

However, as soon as we went to our orrientation we realized it was all a scam and mispresentation and I was not having any of it. I can not believe these people they sat there and lied to us, while I was sitting there hlding my my cranky, tired, hungry, teething baby and they would just not leave us alone. So we got suckered into it as well. We have not been in our contract now, but a few months and are fighting it, with a company named TAI. I am glad we found out so soon. We have not made any payments to them aside from our initial down payment the day we were there which was close to $1,000. As soon as we got back from our orrientation I called a lawyer who advised me to contact my bank and request for the payment of the down payment be returned. I just found out today my bank ruled in my favor and did not authorize Silver Leaf the payment and gave us our money back. We are still in the process of fighting them to cancel our contract, I hope and pray it turns out in our favor. I did pay these people $3,000 to help me, but the way I see it, it is an investment to keep me from throwing away hundreds of thousands of dollars to Scammer Leafs Resort! Not only am I angry, upset and sad that they scammed me and lied to me about everything I was getting including the total purchase price, I am so sad that if we do not get out of this *** contract, this piece of *** timeshare will be left to my poor baby to have to deal with, all because of my *** mistake. I know there are a lot of places that say they will sell your timeshare and we are not supossed to pay them and what not so I was super cautious, paranoid about dealing with this other company TAI, Timeshare Advocacy International, but I did a lot of research and even met one of the employees in person, I looked up his personal facebook and went back over years of it, he was representing his company and everything on it, and this company has been around since 2009 and has been in the news and stuff (not for anything bad they did) So far I am glad I found them, (I contacted them) I have spoke to a few different people via phone, email whom are walking me through the process of getting Silver Leaf to cancel my contract. As I mentioned, for those who are wanting to get rid of your timeshare, you do have to be very cautious who you deal with. You can not give just anyone your money, you must look into it first as I did. Like I said I was very skeptical about paying the people after already beign scammed and all the things I heard about other scammers, but I too own my own business, therefore I know what it is like to provide a service, you of course want to get paid for the sevice, preferably before you even provide the service. TAI does offer a few different arrangements, I paid $1,300 down and paid the remaining amount within a month, by time I paid my down payment they were alerady helping me.

Once this is all done, I will gladly be writting a testimonial for them.

For anyone that is trying to get out of your contract, wherther it is new or old, I strongly recommend you contact TAI. Even if it is to see if they are the right place for you. I was so depressed about this timeshare immediatly after I purchased I just had this gut feeling and when I found out I was right, I was so down and worried and was mortified, but since I know now I have someone behind me to help me do the best they can to get me out of it, I have had a lot of stress relieved!!

My website is www.timesharetricks.blogsite.com and email is notimeshare@***.com

I feel like you are writing our same story! Same exact scenario from signing up at amusement park to going for the tour, buying what seems like the same "special deal". We, too, went back for our new owners meeting. The room we were given was atrocious! It was dirty, shabby and looked like a dump. The jacuzzi tub shot water out of the tub like a whale and the smell was terrible! Thank goodness we didn't take friends, we would have been horribly embarrassed.

When we went to the meeting the next morning, we were pitched an upgrade deal. After they figured out we weren't interested, they brought in a "manager" who started off by insulting my husband's military status - telling us he wanted to join the army but they wouldn't taken him because he wasn't crazy enough. Next he argued, in front of us, about the package we purchased. He stated he was the manager of that department and he never authorized a deal like that. It was very uncomfortable. I'm not sure what his goal was but the end result was that he royally pissed us off, my husband exchanged heated words with him and we left the meeting.

We stayed the night in our dumpy little room, waiting for a call that never came to put us in another room. They explained this room had not been renovated yet and we were placed there in error. We woke the next morning to a nasty storm and water rushing in under the front door. We packed up and headed home. That was enough!

I am completely disillusioned and disgusted with this whole ordeal. They are still calling, begging us to come back and offering "VIP" service. The last VIP service we received was moving farther down the counter to have someone hand us keys across the counter. I am also insulted by the way they treat peoople. Why would an organization place people in a dump if the goal was to get them to upgrade their timeshare? I am sorry we ever signed up for this and I have been exploring ways to get rid of this albatross. I wish I would have had the foresight to research before we went for the initial visit. There are hundreds of reviews for this comapny and very few of them are positive. It seems like this company has been making money for years by being deceitful and taking advantage of people.

View more comments (4)
Lee, Massachusetts

Silver Leaf Resort: Gullible Wanted

We took the 90 minute tour...you know, the one that took 4 hours in real life. We are smart consumers who prefer money in the bank over material possessions. They say no pressure, but you deserve the pressure if you believe they will not pressure you. Sitting for the sales pitch, listening to the deal, I looked around and realized we were being herded like cattle. If it is too good to be true, it usually is folks. This timeshare business is well crafted. The salesman made comments to my husband such as, " you know these vacations will really strengthen your marriage. Your little boy isn't getting any younger." Puh-lease. He said he preferred a no over a "we need to think about it," and that is a pressuring sales tactic....not to mention a preposterous demand for the truth from someone who tells half-truths for a living. If you read this forum before visiting, just stay away. Yes, we received free incentives for taking the tour. However, we drove three hours to take the tour. I don't feel guilty. No hard-working, honest, middle class family deserves what they are selling, and that is ice cubes to Eskimos.
#711949

Be very careful of those free incentives...as some will find out they are bull too. We made the mistake of buying..well we did get the trips too..turns out you have to pay..and if you have one of the 3 day trips you will likely only be there for one day..I had picked the orlando trip..paid the 100 for taxes they said...its a process to even get a date as you have to pick three.

Set it all up, got a call about two months before our trip from the company that handles them, the man on the other end told me we would end up only spending one day. Needless to say I flipped! He offered us three days if we upgraded to over 400 dollars..I flipped again.. He ended giving me my 100 dollars back cancelling the trip and gave me a 100 dollars restaurant.com card..

That was ok..I never booked the other trips we won as we would have had to pay air fare...no thanks. Just be careful people when you go for the free gifts!

Fort Worth, Texas