Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Silverleaf Resorts in Chicago, Illinois - They are worse than the goverment

oh were we ***! we bought last spring and want to get rid of our time share and the phone calls. they are just plain pushy, they wont take no for an answer, and these 1 hr meetings are a crock, the last one we had to walk out at the 3 hr mark. thought the wife was gana smack the guy...wish she would have. anyhow if anyone knows a way out please do tell. we as a group need to get this company to give a little, and offer a buy back of the properties from unhappy clients like myself and many others out there like me.

Loss

Silverleaf Resorts in Chicago, Illinois - Silverleaf owner-need help taking it to the man

After doing a bunch of research and learning that Silverleaf has used many illegal tactics, I'm almost ready to take it to the man. I was wondering if any of you out there could give me some more insider info. I've read over my contract a few times and all of my research is stacked against them. My goal is to get rid of the contract and get my moolah back. Any suggestions?? I'm a a P*ssed off consumer, but I'm not going to wait any longer to get my HARD earned money back from these loosers. Thanks for all the complaints you guys posted, it helps me realize I'm not completely crazy.

855.702.6636 or 713.554.3334 Ext.805

I've read if you go to the corporate office in Dallas and threaten suit and or complaint to the attorney general they will take away your timeshare and possibly refund your money.

View more comments (1)

Silverleaf Resorts in Belleville, Illinois - Pushy Silverleaf Sales Staff

We bought 2 Silverleaf red weeks through another source. When sales finds out our weeks are paid off in full but that we didn't buy from them they don't like it. They realize they have to allow us the full equity of both properties and it *** them off, even though we are not planning on buying additional time. Last two sales pitches were a month apart. When we turned them down again -hey, they were giving us $150 so we went! - they were very rude. We have never had problems with scheduling. They even worked with us when we were unable to go for our week at the last minute due to an emergency by banking our week for another time without charging a reschedule fee. We are going this weekend to use some of our days and will see how we are treated now after the last and final- as far as we are concerned - sales meeting. After reading the complaints here, I'm hoping we don't get the shaft as others have!

855.702.6636 or 713.554.3334 Ext.805

Sorry guys Silverleaf is not a non-profit organization. You have to PAY for what you get *gasp* oh no "you mean I have to pay money for a product" such a shame.

Im one of the so called pushy sales people for silverleaf.I love my job and enjoy helping people to make their ownership work better for them.You do have the right to say no,so therefor stop coming to the meetings you know exactly what is going to happen.We are doing our job just like anyone else and if 150 dollars isn't worth the aggrivation then do yourselves a favor and don't come to the meetings,because not only are you wasting our time but your keeping us from our happy owners who wish to enhance their program.

:sigh

I agree with your posting. The 1st time we went to a Silverleaf location in MA, we were looking for a time share to invest in.

What we were told was that it was only going to take 90 minutes. LOL!!!! Yeah right. But we still went through with it because we thought it was good for the most part.

However, when we were "invited" to return so that their Membership Services could fully explain to us what we just bought & to answer our questions, the 1st thing they did was try to sell us an upgrade [This was 1 month after we just purchased our time share]. They shrugged off our questions with simple answers that we now realized were misinformation. All the "yes, you can" answers they gave us turned out to be white lies used to sell, sell, sell.

Instead of recommending Silverleaf to others, I now wouldnt send them my worst enemy. The almighty dollar rules this company & we all pay the price for it.

View more comments (3)

Silverleaf Resorts in Houston, Texas - Silverleaf

If you go and sit through the 90mins and view the property you will see it is not well maintain the cabin that we were shown were dirty and smelled old and moldy that should be a clue not to buy a real bad place and spirit incentives is a joke. you need to write the dates you want to travel first then when you get the dates they try to tell you to pay more and update the package if you take the non update you are put in a low rate hotel that is not very nice for a animal to stay someone needs to report siverleaf and stop them from this

Silverleaf Resorts - a scam and waste of money

I have been reading numerous complaints about Silverleaf Resorts and 'yes' I was one of their victims about 15 years ago. I purchased a biannual - odd - and have only got to use the resort about 4 times. I have finally paid the balance off but continue to pay monthly maintenance fees (even on the even years when I can't use it) and they continue to raise the price. I have contacted numerous timeshare sellers and most of them will not even think about listing it until you pay at least $500.00 for advertisement. I think they know it won't sell. I get calls monthly for a free weekend for them to try and entice me into upgrading but believe me I will not fall for that scam again. I can't stop paying the maintenance fees because it will reflect on my credit report. Please, beware of the scam.

855.702.6636 or 713.554.3334 Ext.805

you are only doing silverleaf a favor by not using your timeshare.i am not happy but i use my one week every year.i get numerous phone calls to visit for an owner!s update. it is all ***.high pressure sales talk.i do use my bonus time once in a while also.

@ Get Real. The scam is once you've paid it off, it's still not paid off.

My timeshare is paid off also, and yet every month I'm still required to pay the monthly fees. They don't have as many locations as they originally bragged about, and in the areas I travel, they don't have locations at all so I'm left having to pay hotel fees anyway.

You can't sell it because no one wants to purchase it because it's with Silverleaf, and their customer service doesn't exist. It's like paying for a car you already own, and doesn't work.

You baught into something and admit using it 4 times if it was so bad why did u use it 4 times I agree Get Real and get over it

Donate your Timeshare to a nonprofit Organization there are many out there. You lose the money you paid for it, but you no longer have to pay those maint. fees.

How do you even come close to saying it is a scam? You purchased something and now don't use it - again how is that a scam. You knew what you were purchasing.

View more comments (5)
Review

Silverleaf Resorts in Providence, Rhode Island - Silver Leaf Resorts/ Oak n' Spruce

I had my time share for 11 years now. I hate going there, more than going to the dentist. In the past ten years I have visited Oak n' Spruce 4 times, each time my experience has left me displeased. They managment is rude and brain washed, they don't have respect for people. This time share is a trap. Their is no way out of it. You can't even give it away without paying some one to take it. I had mine for sale since the day I bought it. They will tell you anything to make you believe you getting a deal. READ THE FINE PRINT! What a SCAM, JOKE, Waste of money!!! Don't waste your time or money. DISGRACE. STAY AWAY

TIMESHARE ADVOCATE

*CANCEL YOUR SILVERLEAF TIMESHARE*SIX HOUSTON AREA LOCATIONS*LICENSED TEXAS REALTOR*

After only 3 years in business, Timeshare Advocacy International, LLC (TAI) has completed over 1,200 Timeshare contract terminations. Saving our clients over $32 “million” dollars in total timeshare liabilities. We offer guaranteed results for all qualified properties.

TAI is committed to working closely with local timeshare owners. Our consultants advise you on how not to fall prey to the fraud and scams that are affecting owners worldwide. Why take the chance of becoming a victim to some out of state company?

Texas Licensed, Real Estate Professional.

CALL TODAY! (713) 554-3334 Ext. 805

Kevin Hanson

Licensed Timeshare Advocate

Kevin@timesharegone.com

View more comments (1)

Silverleaf Resorts in Somerset, New Jersey - Silver leaf in south lee mass scam

I should have known better and just said no but right from the start nothing was right when we got there and when we really didnt want it it was no stop calling and so we took it and it has been nothing but a night mare. they wouldnt take it back and you want to sell it its nothing but everyone want alot of money.to sell it i think anyone that goes there they are crazy. because they promise you the world and remember nothing is for free and with silver leaf you pay dearly, its a scam...

855.702.6636 or 713.554.3334 Ext.805

I agree with both of you. I myself was talked into buying the timeshare in Lee Mass.

I was only 19 at the time so I was unable to be an owner but that didn't stop them. They put my friend and I in a "downpayment plan" till we turned 21. After the two years we became "owners" and found out the hard way that everything they had promised was all a lie. and the "plan" we had been in the previous 2 years wasn't a down payment plan it was a partial membership plan which means all that many we had been paying didn't go towards the timeshare we were planning on buying.

It was to use the resort amenties when ever we wanted which we were not told because that makes no sense at all. Who would pay 3600 to use a pool,outdated arcade,mini mini gold course and a hicking trail. Not to mention it was a 3 hour ride to get to the timeshare from where I live. If I would have known then what I knew now.

I would NEVER EVER even rent to Silverleaf resorts. FOR ANYONE THAT IS CONSIDERING BUYING FROM SILVERLEAF SHOP AROUND AND BEAWARE OF THE 17.9 fixed interest rate.

I bought my timeshare for a good price (so I thought) for 10,000 after all is said and done I will be paying 24,000 not including maintenance fees. I can go on and on and on how horrible there management,reps and the most of there staff but I would be here all night!!

I agree with you. the south lee location gang up on you with their sales pitch and give you answers that are vague and untrue.

we asked them if it was easy to refinance; they said 'of course!'. we asked them if it can be done at a bank; they said 'of course!'.

we asked them other questions and they gave us quick answers that when later followed up turned out to be untrue.

would i recommend silverleaf to my friends and family? Of course NOT.

View more comments (2)
$12000

Silverleaf resorts

If you have a complaint about Silverleaf Resorts sale rep/ manager. Dennis O'neil Moore jr. also known as Denny Moore. They do run your credit before they send you out to the resort. Promising them gifts and awards that you will never be able to use. Weeks not guaranteed or never available when you want to used them. check all your document make sure that nothing was missed. it is your rights to cancel. Summit you complaint to www.complaintnow.com they will send your complaint to corporate office. Summit you complaint to www.complaintnow.com they will send your complaint to corporate office

Review
we were held hostage with our grandson until we bought, the final straw was we were told we were buying a thanksgiving week, when we got home it was a completly different week, a week in sept., when school is in, does us no good at all and is now hard to resale. good...

View more comments

Silverleaf resorts/ denny moore

Write your Review » As a former employee of Silverleaf Resorts - Buyer beware..The treat their employees worse than the hundreds of people that they filter through the timeshare presentation. If you bought with them, check your paperwork. You probably missed a signature on one of the documents, but I guarantee you that if you requested a copy from the corporate office, your signature would be on that document. They forge names and notarize documents long after you have left the resort. That is your grounds for cancelling the program. If you call the corporate office in Dallas, Texas and threaten lawsuit or that you will contact the Attorney General, they will back down. You have to scream loud and long, but they will cancel and possibly refund your money. Everything they do is illegal. I don't know how they stay in business. I was fired because I refused to lie and cheat good people. Most of the employees are on drugs and drive you around in their vehicles under the influence. Money is their motivator. Do not buy anything from Denny Moore!!!!!!!