Featured Not resolved
Facilities and Services
Quality of Accommodation
Quality of Food

Update by user Jan 14

My wife and I called Silverleaf and spoke with a customer service manager. She explained to us they have received multiple complaints about the increase fees for Bonus time.

She went on to explain now, Silverleaf/Holiday Inn Vacation Club (HIVC) have NO plans (at this time) to eliminate fees. Also, if Silverleaf/HIVC received enough complaints about the fee increase, they may change fees or eliminate them completely. Which leads me to believe that this is just another way for HIVC ploy to get more money from Silverleaf members. Try to get us with $25.00 (Bonus time) and if that doesn't work, then eliminate the fee and make it look like their doing us a favor.

Furthermore when we asked if wanted to sale our timeshare she explained that we can sale it, no problem, but if we wanted to sale back to Silverleaf they would NOT pay for it and we would just sign/transfer our deed over to Silverleaf/HIVC.

We are now in the process of drafting a formal complaint letter to the President of Silverleaf, Pat Connolly, explaining our displeasure with Sivlerleaf/HVIC. We will keep up posted on any new updates.

Original review posted by user Dec 15, 2018

Over the years my wife and I have attended a number of Timeshare meetings. We never wanted to buy (rent) a timeshare due to me being in the U.

S. AIR FORCE (26 yrs.) and would not be able to take full advantage of it. While living in San Antonio we attended a Silverleaf Resort meeting and bought a timeshare. The main reasons we purchased, was because I was retired and could take full advantage of not only the FREE BONUS time and the week we bought.

Now their (Silverleaf and Holiday Inn Vacation Club) sending us a letter stating we have to pay for BONUS TIME and increased the weekend fee by $25.00. We pay our monthly maintenance fees. They make more than enough (run the numbers) in maintenance fees, (which I also pay every month) not to charge us for BONUS time.

I'll throw my name in the hat if there is a CLASS-ACTION law sui Angry t. This is not right.

Product or Service Mentioned: Silverleaf Resorts Holiday Inn Vacation Ownership.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

I think we should start a class action suit. Contract / deed is for free bonus time when we purchased 30 years ago.

PhysicalPike650

Agree additional fees are unfair, I will stand firm on backing legal action. Holiday Inn Club has managed to give Silverleaf Resorts a bad name. Sad to see a great program destroyed for no other reason than to increase company income.

NEXT TIME YOU SHOULD TRY STAYING AT THE "MOTEL 6" OR THE "BUDGET INN" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VeneratedFly

I recently made reservations thru IHG for some guests of mine at a resort . They charged the couple the $115 deposit to their bank card...it then left a - negative balance on the bank card.

I don't believe the resort should have done that. I can see how that could cause banking problems. I sure hope this guest does not get charged with insufficient funds! I am so disgusted with HICV & all the changes they have made...pushing members to buy points, charging $25 a night S thru Th & $75 for Fri.

& Sat...then they raise membership fees & maintenance fees. I have 3 letters written to AG for MO, FL & TX..I hope they will investigate this Timeshare scam which at least they Silver Leaf we had free BT. My husband & I are out close to $40,000 over 20+ years & it is getting worse!!

Disgusted ! LINda

GorgeousOtter683
to VeneratedFly #1674533

I recently filled out a complaint form with the AG office in Florida. I am waiting for a response...I am in the process of having a law form send out a formal complaint to Patrick C.

to give notice. Rosendo Del Real Please do the same...

TimeShareTalk

A group of owners is raising money for a lawsuit against Silverleaf. More information at the link below: https://www.gofundme.com/silverleaf-resorts-owners-attorney-fund?fbclid=IwAR37twl6NrgEsZsb7OmavGMjfCOZmALWibGdV_fo6KxYt2ek9bB6lzhuyVE

Please count me in

please count me in i also have been a member for over 10 years and am appailed by them charging us.thank you kathruyn5@yahoo.com

I got a letter - count me in .....

Contact Maxt@advcc.org he will send you a well written complaint letter and a link to the Texas Attorney General. I plan on submitting my complaint this week.

to Anonymous #1651054

I need help this is bull

I've been an owner since 1998 and I'm devastated. Rosendo35@hotmail.com

Well I just lost a really good comment.

Please Someone Reply..... What would/could happen if each owner refused to transfer & sign over their deed to SL, Orange Lake or HICV?

What if we all just sent letters to each of them & told them we are cancelling & terminating our contracts, memberships, ownerships, & deeds.? What would happen if we refused to sign it over to them ? And refuse to pay any more maintenance fees & membership fees.

? What could they do us as a result ?

to Linda White #1639074

Why would anyone want to turn over there deed and lose their $$?

to Linda White #1645277

If you don't pay your maintenance fees they can foreclose similar to an hoa and you lose your timeshare.

TimeShareTalk
to Linda White #1669023

I'm not attorney, but they would simply take back your interval, resell it for more money then report you to the credit agencies destroying your credit. From HICV's point of view, thats probably the best thing! Kick out the Silverleaf owners once and for all and resell all those units to knew people for $50k+

All Here is the mailing address for Silverleaf to submit a letter to them. Pat Connolly President Silverleaf Club Silverleaf Resort/Holiday Inn Club Vacations 8505 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy Kissimmee, Fl 34747

to Anonymous #1639076

I've been an owner since 1998 and I'm devastated. Rosendo35@hotmail.com

File complaint with the Texas AG online! It is easy, file one complaint for each member in your deed!! diaz.luis99@yahoo.com