18270 Singing Wood Ln, Flint, TX 75762, USA
Facilities and Services
Quality of Accommodation
Quality of Food

Update by user Jan 14

My wife and I called Silverleaf and spoke with a customer service manager. She explained to us they have received multiple complaints about the increase fees for Bonus time.

She went on to explain now, Silverleaf/Holiday Inn Vacation Club (HIVC) have NO plans (at this time) to eliminate fees. Also, if Silverleaf/HIVC received enough complaints about the fee increase, they may change fees or eliminate them completely. Which leads me to believe that this is just another way for HIVC ploy to get more money from Silverleaf members. Try to get us with $25.00 (Bonus time) and if that doesn't work, then eliminate the fee and make it look like their doing us a favor.

Furthermore when we asked if wanted to sale our timeshare she explained that we can sale it, no problem, but if we wanted to sale back to Silverleaf they would NOT pay for it and we would just sign/transfer our deed over to Silverleaf/HIVC.

We are now in the process of drafting a formal complaint letter to the President of Silverleaf, Pat Connolly, explaining our displeasure with Sivlerleaf/HVIC. We will keep up posted on any new updates.

Original review posted by user Dec 15, 2018

Over the years my wife and I have attended a number of Timeshare meetings. We never wanted to buy (rent) a timeshare due to me being in the U.

S. AIR FORCE (26 yrs.) and would not be able to take full advantage of it. While living in San Antonio we attended a Silverleaf Resort meeting and bought a timeshare. The main reasons we purchased, was because I was retired and could take full advantage of not only the FREE BONUS time and the week we bought.

Now their (Silverleaf and Holiday Inn Vacation Club) sending us a letter stating we have to pay for BONUS TIME and increased the weekend fee by $25.00. We pay our monthly maintenance fees. They make more than enough (run the numbers) in maintenance fees, (which I also pay every month) not to charge us for BONUS time.

I'll throw my name in the hat if there is a CLASS-ACTION law sui Angry t. This is not right.

Product or Service Mentioned: Silverleaf Resorts Holiday Inn Vacation Ownership.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

@Anonymous

I need help this is bull

WildBologneseDog
@Anonymous

Please include me. Unbelievable what they're doing!!!!!!

Contact Maxt@advcc.org he will send you a well written complaint letter and a link to the Texas Attorney General. I plan on submitting my complaint this week.

I've been an owner since 1998 and I'm devastated. Rosendo35@hotmail.com

Well I just lost a really good comment.

Please Someone Reply..... What would/could happen if each owner refused to transfer & sign over their deed to SL, Orange Lake or HICV?

What if we all just sent letters to each of them & told them we are cancelling & terminating our contracts, memberships, ownerships, & deeds.? What would happen if we refused to sign it over to them ? And refuse to pay any more maintenance fees & membership fees.

? What could they do us as a result ?

@Linda White

Why would anyone want to turn over there deed and lose their $$?

@Linda White

If you don't pay your maintenance fees they can foreclose similar to an hoa and you lose your timeshare.

TimeShareTalk
@Linda White

I'm not attorney, but they would simply take back your interval, resell it for more money then report you to the credit agencies destroying your credit. From HICV's point of view, thats probably the best thing! Kick out the Silverleaf owners once and for all and resell all those units to knew people for $50k+

#1711964
@Linda White

I have already been told they will foreclose and it will affect our Credit Rating. Can they really do that?

All Here is the mailing address for Silverleaf to submit a letter to them. Pat Connolly President Silverleaf Club Silverleaf Resort/Holiday Inn Club Vacations 8505 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy Kissimmee, Fl 34747

I've been an owner since 1998 and I'm devastated. Rosendo35@hotmail.com

File complaint with the Texas AG online! It is easy, file one complaint for each member in your deed!! diaz.luis99@yahoo.com

@Luis

I've been an owner since 1998 and I'm devastated. Rosendo35@hotmail.com

Hey PuffyQuail, My timeshares are already paid for, both! For a long time!!

I am not about to give my money away, we own 2 timeshares, one in Galveston.

We will fight for what is ours!!! diaz.luis99@yahoo.com

Great idea!! We have also complaint to the Texas AG (2 complaints, wife and I).

Please, provide your letter to the President of Silverleaf, Pat Connolly, explaining your displeasure with Silverleaf/HVIC, so we may (and maybe other owners) can edit it and send to him too! diaz.luis99@yahoo.com Thanks!!!!!

@Luis

I will do this! And I will complain to Tx AG!

PuffyQuail

welli think in order to get out of this *** hole i may want to transfer the deed over or whatever because i just want out of it so they said that you can transfer it back to them?

Count me in for a class action law suit. I paid extra for free bonus time and now they are taking that away. Not right

@Ronald cotton

I've been an owner since 1998 and I'm devastated. Rosendo35@hotmail.com

I think we should all "attend" the meetings they are always trying to get us to attend and "protest" the increase. Let the new people they are trying to sign up know the truth. It's not considered slander when it's a fact.