18270 Singing Wood Ln, Flint, TX 75762, USA
Facilities and Services
Quality of Accommodation
Quality of Food

Update by user Jan 14

My wife and I called Silverleaf and spoke with a customer service manager. She explained to us they have received multiple complaints about the increase fees for Bonus time.

She went on to explain now, Silverleaf/Holiday Inn Vacation Club (HIVC) have NO plans (at this time) to eliminate fees. Also, if Silverleaf/HIVC received enough complaints about the fee increase, they may change fees or eliminate them completely. Which leads me to believe that this is just another way for HIVC ploy to get more money from Silverleaf members. Try to get us with $25.00 (Bonus time) and if that doesn't work, then eliminate the fee and make it look like their doing us a favor.

Furthermore when we asked if wanted to sale our timeshare she explained that we can sale it, no problem, but if we wanted to sale back to Silverleaf they would NOT pay for it and we would just sign/transfer our deed over to Silverleaf/HIVC.

We are now in the process of drafting a formal complaint letter to the President of Silverleaf, Pat Connolly, explaining our displeasure with Sivlerleaf/HVIC. We will keep up posted on any new updates.

Original review posted by user Dec 15, 2018

Over the years my wife and I have attended a number of Timeshare meetings. We never wanted to buy (rent) a timeshare due to me being in the U.

S. AIR FORCE (26 yrs.) and would not be able to take full advantage of it. While living in San Antonio we attended a Silverleaf Resort meeting and bought a timeshare. The main reasons we purchased, was because I was retired and could take full advantage of not only the FREE BONUS time and the week we bought.

Now their (Silverleaf and Holiday Inn Vacation Club) sending us a letter stating we have to pay for BONUS TIME and increased the weekend fee by $25.00. We pay our monthly maintenance fees. They make more than enough (run the numbers) in maintenance fees, (which I also pay every month) not to charge us for BONUS time.

I'll throw my name in the hat if there is a CLASS-ACTION law sui Angry t. This is not right.

Product or Service Mentioned: Silverleaf Resorts Holiday Inn Vacation Ownership.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

$75 each fri, sat, night and $25 each sun thru thurs night Lost everything as far as benefits. Sold me into saving kids and no further money out to RCI, etc. ,no change in dues and 4 months after husbands death I thought I was doing the kids a favor...jokes on me.

Like everyone else I certainly feel your pain. They want to treat our timeshare program like we are staying at a Holiday Inn Hotel.

At a Holiday Inn Hotel, I don't have to take out the trash, I don't have to place dirty dishes in the dishwasher nor do I have to take the sheets off the bed. So, going forward I will not do this again.

They are on their own. Everyone needs to keep complaining and notify those in the legal community who can help.

@09Wp22x1

Contact Maxt@advcc.org he will send you a well written complaint letter and a link to the Texas Attorney General. I plan on submitting my complaint this week.

I've been an owner since 1998 and I'm devastated. Rosendo35@hotmail.com

I don't know one attorney from the next but having just had a 10 minute all with a member of the "executive staff" at Holiday Inn Club Vacations, Yadi, I can tell they have a very serious "we're not changing or offering any compromise so sue us" attitude. Very cordial and very nice but very not helpful.

They defend their right to rent out "inventory" they own in the buildings to the public, and to charge whatever they want on bonus time and she let me know maintenance will go up if they have to defend lawsuits etc.... *** deal really.

Here is a list of Class action attorneys that I located online, but I"m sure we'd need someone pretty good to go after this.... https://attorneys.lawinfo.com/class-action/texas/houston/ Ron, katyagent@gmail.com

@Ron

There was a Class action brought against SL years ago. Does anyone remember that & who the law firm was that handled it?

I've been an owner since 1998 and I'm devastated. Rosendo35@hotmail.com

Hi, we are latecomers to the party, bought in under Holiday Inn Vacation clubs but our units came with bonus time. (purchased in 2106 I believe).

They are raising the rates, which are specified in the contract to apply to only FRI AND SAT to include ALL DAYS (thereby really negating the concept of bonus time since you're paying for it and I can stay a lot of places for $75/night like they are charging now on weekends). Reading through the contract, I'm wondering if it's grounds for class action because the clauses distinctly conflict, In one paragraph, it defines the cost of bonus time and then several paragraphs later gives them the right to change it at any time. In addition, some may not know but we were questioning about why there was seemingly a lot LESS bonus time available now and it came out that they have opened spots to the public instead of offering that as bonus time to owners. This seems to be in direct opposition to the concept of a club or timeshare ownership.

I would think that is also possibly grounds for class action. Ron katyagent@gmail.com

It seems like the increase to bonus time/endless escapes fees is only effecting those who converted into the Holiday Inn club. I never converted and just booked six days, at a Silverleaf property, for January 2019 and was not charged any fee.

I own a deeded property that predates the year 2000. Hope this helps.

@Jim

Jim, Please let me know if you had to pay a fee for Bonus Time ?? You are correct........

online booking did result in "no fee" for my account reservations when I booked 6 days. I had to cancel though. I have been in the Endless Escape program since 1993.

I just want to know if they hit you up for the $$ "fee" when you arrive? My email address is: ozarkangler@att.net Best regards, Stirling

@Stirling

The fee is on there now, I have Endless Escape and the fee is now on ours as well.

@Stirling

Yes I would like to know also about the fee

@Stirling

My sister was on my addendum and they informed her of the new fees when she attempted to check in..Member since 1998 Ambassador Rosendo35@hotmail.xom

@Jim

Jim, I saw this From the website: **Owners having Endless Escape privileges may book up to six nights and are subject to a $25 per night charge Sunday through Thursday and a $75 per night charge Friday and Saturday.

@Jim

Go back and look again, it is there now,Type your message here

@Anonymous

Fees are being charged and I have not change my contacts.

@Jim

Jim, we have HICV points as well as continued BT as of 1-16-2019. We were sold into HICV in Nov.

if 2017....Never did Holiday Inn mention that if we didn't buy points that we would keep our non pay BT as free. If they had told us we would not have bought points with HICV...BUT, the sales person did tell us that it was just a matter of time & SL BT would be obsolete & that we would probably have to start paying for stays...a warning to us, we did not heed.

@Jim

Hi Jim, You probably were not charge if you reserved before January 2019, reserved in December? Go ahead and try to reserve now, you will be pissed!!!

I own for 32 years, am what was called "Endless Escape Program" and "Diamond Owner", now, I am been charge the fee!!! diaz.luis99@yahoo.com

File a complaint with the Attorney General in the state you live in. You can also file complaints with the Attorney General in the state the timeshares are located.

A lot of upset Silverleaf owners are already doing this.

The more complaints the Attorney General gets about this, the better. He is more likely to look into the problem if 100 people file than if only 10 file.

If there is a class lawsuit on getting back bonus time or issues related to maintenance fee count me in at jocelisv@gmail.com.