Was trying to find information on any class action lawsuits against Holiday Inn Club Vacations/ Orange Lake Resorts. Basically it is a timeshare resort and we were totally conned into this timeshare.

They did not tell us there was a yearly maintenance fee of almost a thousand dollars. They lied to us about what was included in several of their parks and the original park we supposedly hold our original condo at in Conroe Texas has absolutely no security anymore and there has been a murder there and on a separate occasion a murder suspect caught hiding at the resort by the police. Anyone who wants to come in and swim can and does, last time we were there to swim, we ended up covered in peoples hair from the pool. We left and have not been back.

There are tons of hidden fees and we just now found out that the maintenance fee we did not know about is a forever fee even if the condo is paid off. We also just found out the debt of all of the fees will pass onto our children and grandchildren long after we are gone.

We were never told any of this. Please, Please contact me @ the following e-mails Shannon.robert@tdcj.texas.gov OR robert663@tdcj.texas.gov

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Just release us from the timeshare contract. We just want out. PLEASE.

Comments

Im interested in participting in a class action against Orange Lake, 4 months after my husbands death I went in for a presentation at sliverleaf in sheridan, Ill. My husband enjoyed going there and he'd upgraded to a package of a Lodge at Sheridan, Ill and 2 ambassador units at Holiday Hills in Branson, Mo.

I was told that my maintenance would not go up..3 times I asked and was told no. Then the joy that came over their faces when they told me of how the future was toward Orange Lake and Silverleaf would be no longer.I'd have the opportunity to add the ambassador units and receive many points and bonus time would still be there. Here's the truth:Maint. dues doubled.

Bonus time you pay for nightly. Bad truth in lending and took me for $23000