This article pertains to people who already have a timeshare with Silerleaf Resorts or any timeshare resort in general!I have worked in the timeshare industry for a while now and yes I have worked at Silerleaf Resorts for the longest time so for people that have questions about how they work, I will most likely able to give you the most accurate information about what you own.

For the most part all timeshares work the same, but God forgive if you call it that anymore. The proper name, or phrase that they want you to hear is "Vacation Ownership"! Doesn't that sound so much better than timeshare,Just Joking, but that is really what the industry wants everyone to hear. There are just to many bad stories associated with the term, "Timeshare".

Let me tell you now that they are the same for the most part unless you enter into a contact in a different country, which that can get very complicated if you don't know what your doing. I posted my first comment stating that if you needed help getting out of your contract with Silverleaf or were having problems and just wanted out, that I could help you. Well don't get me wrong I helped a lot of people, but for the most part I found out that Silverleaf wasn't the problem, it was the buyer who just didn't understand how to use what they had. On the other hand there were a lot of situations that Silverleaf really was the problem and straight up lied to people and screwed them out of a lot of money and time.

So from here on out if you have questions about how your program works or how you could get more benefit out of it just comment on here about it. Actually I would rather everyone just leave comments that way when I answer them it just might help someone else at the same time. I got a overwhelming number of e-mails regarding how to get out of their contract, help with it, or how to sell it. I tried to e-mail everyone back and really try to help them, but between the e-mails and this blog I couldn't keep up.

So like I said before I love helping everyone but its hard getting back to everyone through e-mail.

You can still e-mail me at HelpGetOutofYourTimeshare@yahoo.com but please only do so if you want to keep your issue private.Thanks and Best of luck to Everyone out there!!!!

Review about: Silverleaf Resorts Vacation Ownership.

Had an Experience with Silverleaf Resorts?

Comments

Houston, Texas, United States #1286718

I am purchasing a timeshare from another person.its paid of.I was told i could use it in other locations.

it is in the transfer process. How do i find out where i can use it? I was told that I will have to pay a 1058.00 for maintenance fee. Is there anything else I have to pay?

Also can n i use it more than 1x a year?Weekends?

Springfield, Massachusetts, United States #785743

We just purchased but what we really want to know is how to get our money's worth? What do we do?

TIMESHARE ADVOCATE

Timeshare Advocacy International Wins Lawsuit against World’s Largest Resort.

“We are excited to finally have this decision behind us so we can now focus on one thing, and that is our clients. During the last 2 years they have been trying to do one thing and that is to shut us up and bankrupt us through the court system. We always felt that at the end of the day a jury would see that TAI is...

pissedconsumer@timesharegone.com

Licensed Texas Realtor Since 1996

Kevin Hanson (Timeshare Advocate)

Regional Sales Director

Timeshare Advocacy International

855.702.6636 or 713.554.3334 Ext.805

You will get the $40 card and you will get your choice of the trips, but you have to pay the fees ($100 for the flight/accommodations, almost $600 for the cruise and you have to pay for the trip to the port where the boat leaves from), you will not likely get the $500. Likely, you will get the accommodations for a vacation, but you have to pay for the air fair and the fees that apply to that.

HelpTimeshareOwnerGetOut

Hey Jenn I'm glad to here that you are having no problems with your program.Your are right whenever you say if you do plan on taking vacations with your kids and create memories that they will never forget, Vacation Ownership is diffidently the way to go if you know what your doing.

I'm just curious, but is Lake of the Woods where they gave you two cabins because they are only have the one bedrooms with a loft. I love that resort if you get in a good area. Like I said before I'm not on here trying to bash Silverleaf even though they do have some problems sometimes, but every company does.

I'm just on here to let everyone see both sides of how they work.Have fun with your family and share your story with others that have concerns or questions.Thanks

:) I myself am a Silverleaf owner and I have yet to have any problems with them.Thay have been very accomidating even as to offer me 2 1 bedroom suites because there were no 2 bedrooms available and they made them sidebyside as well as giving us some stuff free from there little store when we got there.

It was great and I have taken several of our friends and family members along for thew weekends. I agree with you that it is the poeple not reading the contract and I also banked my week and went to florida this summer without a hitch. It was fantastic and I believe that if you have small children and you are looking at spending a ****load of money on vacations for the next 17 years vacation ownership or timeshare is a great investment.

You may have to pay for your airfare but a $120 for a resort accomodations for 8 days you can,t relly beat the value in savings throughout the years.Have fun everyone enjoy it!!!

Hello I just read your review about Silverleaf.I bought it since 2006 to help a friend to get out of it because she was beeing harrased with foreclosing on her by Silverleaf.

It's paid off.I have never made use of my yearly blue week, week 50. I asked them to banked my week because I live in Florida and couldn't afford to fly there. Same I did every year but last years i did it by phone.Now they say that I lost my banked weeks after two years. And that I have not banked for the last two years....

I stopped the maintenance payments and they harrased me saying that they will take me to foreclosure and that it will show on my credit report. They even sent me a letter Again this year, I couldn't make any maintenace payments because I have no job. They said that they would foreclose on me so I have been pressed to make an arragement on payment in 4 months the total yearly amount and I asked if they could rent my week , they say that I can not rent my week. Is that true?

What should I do? I am only living in Alimony now, I am a realtor , and a single Mom and i have not made any money this year. How can I sell it or rent to get the money to pay?

I would really appreciate your guidance in this matter.Thanks!

HelpTimeshareOwnerGetOut

Its funny that you ask that question because that is what fuels all the lies and exaggerations out their.The average timeshare rep doesn't last very long so it is hard to answer that question.

You have to be very good at sales to even be able to sale a timeshare. Think about it, most people that go out there don't even have a clue on what is going to happen when they get there. For the people that do know, they have made a pact we each on the way to the resort not give in to anybody or any kind of deal they might throw their way. So when it come to timeshare sales, you really have to be good to make a lot of money because they work solely on commission and have families to feed.

The average sales rep that makes it through training, which very few even make it through, usually will quit within the first month. They either realized that it to high pressure for them or they just can't *** it to make the kind of money they thought they were going to make. Now the Reps that are good usually make make somewhere in between $80,000-$100,000 a year and the Reps that are really-good at what they do can make anywhere from $120,000 to $200,000 a year and that is just being a sales rep and not a manager. So if your wondering how the Reps sleep at night, well I can tell you they are probably sleeping very well on one of those nice and cozy Tempur-Pedic mattresses and I'm not saying that to be mean, but its the truth.

So for all the really good reps, I would have...

I own one of these timeshares and when we bought ours I believe we were just lucky and had a honest sales rep and have a manager that calls us all the time just to check how were doing. My question to you is how much does the average sales rep make selling timeshares at Silverleaf Resorts?

HelpTimeshareOwnerGetOut

I just wanted to everyone to know that Silverleaf Resorts is not always the problem and they are not the root to all evil.With that being said I would also like to say that a lot of times they are at fault, but for everyone that is pissed at them because you bought something from them and didn't read the contract word for word before you signed it, I would have to say shame on you.

If you read the contract it states exactly what you are purchasing and how to use it. I know there long and you get tired reading the whole thing. When you have a question about something on the contract you will just take their word for what ever it might be, but shame on them and you for that. I know its bad business practice, but you never buy something you don't know how to use, ESPECIALLY as something as complex on how to use a timeshare.

I read all these complaints and a lot them baffle me. I'm not saying Silverleaf Resorts is the most ethical company around but for the people who buy a timeshare from them, make sure you do your homework first, and yes that means before you go out there. If yo go out there and and you do end up buying a timeshare from them and your not 100% sure of your purchase you do have six days to cancel or learn about what you bought so your not totally screwed if you are having buyers remorse. I worked there for a while and trust me I know how everything operates.

Just like everything else in life, "you get what you pay for"!!!! Like I said...

Its all up to you to make the right decision.Best of luck to everyone and if you have any questions feel free to leave a comment and I will try to answer it to the best of my ability.