6.1K views
2.1
Cleanliness
Quality of Accommodation

I would also like to join in a class action suit against Holiday Inn Vacations Clubs, purely for the reason they bought us now they are rebranding the property to their point system and allowing their members to use our deeded properties but refusing to allow us to use theirs. I feel that the law is on our side when it comes to our ownership and them allowing non owners use which limits our ability to fully use our properties that are now being occupied by non silverleaf owners.

I feel that we should have access to heir properties if their owners have access to ours. My email is Sayelogistics@gmail.com feel free to contact me there..

T.J. Saye

Product or Service Mentioned: Silverleaf Resorts Vacation Ownership.

Reason of review: violation of use infringing owners rights.

Preferred solution: either full acess to all holiday inn properties or a full buyout of my time share. I am currently shopping class action attorneys, Pay me and Ill go away..

Comments

I am intrested in the class action lawsuit about being charged for free endless escape / bonus time per my contract.

to Don S #1631180

I I member since 1983 and enless escape has always been free now I have to pay fees and taxes. In there letter nothing was said about taxes.

Isn't it a breach of contract by Holiday Inn charging for Endless Escapes?

Yes...yes and yes! Please sign me up.

#1620131

I would join. No more bonus time, endless escapes, unless you pay $25 a night Monday-Thursday and $75 Friday-Sunday on top of a $99 maintenance fee.

We upgraded to Ambassadors in Holliday Hills and regret it so much we have a meeting tomorrow. Any advise.

Please add me as well. We just deeded ours over to my aunt and uncle and everything transferred.

Now they are saying they are going to charge for bonus time.

We have endless escape as well. Bdwoolsey2000@aol.com

We received a letter that stated we would be charged for our "Endless Escapes". The reason we purchased was for EE.

Our lifetime deeded contract states it is free to use and no charges ever and we could use the other resorts listed. Please sign us up for class action lawsuit.

I don't know where or how to begin. Jmbuddies@gmail.com

12/13/2018 … I am having the same problems as everyone else. Owners of multiple 'paid for' units since 1999.

No issues with timeshares until Holiday Inn Club Vacations took over. Not happy and very disappointed with their management! The only reason we bought into SilverLeaf was because we were able to go to any of the SilverLeaf Resort properties anytime we wanted provided a unit was available. As presidential owners we also got additional perks (i.e., late check-out, priority check-in, etc.) which HICV has eliminated.

Received letter today stating there would now be fee for Endless Escape and Bonus Time! This is the straw … If there is to be a class action lawsuit, please count us in: mbllady@yahoo.com and/or pwlusk@aol.com.

I found on my original Disclosure statement pg.5 it reads; Program refered to as Endless Escapes bonus time.......to which each member is entitled at no additional charge. Contact me if this could help it if you need a copy. sherrimireles@gmail.com

I just got the letter that our endless escapes is now going to cost us. After being an owner since 1998 they want to come along and change the contract.

I'm retired now and can't afford the new fees. That's what I worked to hard to pay off $30,000 to be able to enjoy?

Please add me too! sherrimireles@gmail.com

I am a silverleaf owner and have been since 1986. We have "endless escape" as a benefit.

Since Holiday Inn bought Silverleaf out, we have a hassle EVERY time we check in to "upgrade". NOW, we got a letter in the mail stating that we will have to PAY not only the monthly dues, BUT, we will be charged PER NIGHT for usage.

What can we do about this??? eightyz28@msn.com

Hi, I'd be interested in exploring a lawsuit as well. I will say, though, that I am going to read my contract word for word before I pursue anything.

If Silverleaf covered themselves in the contract, then it's going to be a difficult ride. Things like buyouts and maintenance fee increases are usually carefully worded. Also folks, you DO NOT have to transfer your ownership to the points system.

Only do so if you're really in the market to upgrade. With the advent of VRBO and airbnb, there's really not much reason to own timeshares anymore.

to elysabeth ashe #1616041

You may not have to transfer your deed to point system. But this is what we where told in so called 1 hr update on amenities, over 6 hrs later we sign to transfer our 2 units.

You have 5 days to resend, so we did. We were told that as owners transfer units to points, deeded owners were gonna have less & less units to use EE or bonus time. So eventually bonus time becomes useless.

They bad mouth previous silverleaf management, how they run the company into the ground. Wish we could have recorded the integration like they video tape the signing process now.

Gosh I have been out of the loop and when Silverleaf calls I avoid them. They are always so harsh and never leave pertinent information on their voice messages.

Until yesterday 10/5, something about I had to talk to this senior rep about the new ownership because this was the last day she could assist with my account and she would only be in office until 6p, sh left message at 5:25 and only called once that whole day. And she didn’t give me a big enough window to return her call. After reading some of the comments I had no idea this was going on, I knew of buyout but not other things.

I was assured nothing would change with how things worked. COUNT ME IN ON CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!!

to Anna #1611664

Ice been told that was the last day,but is not true maybe with that agent tho. They will keep reaching out to you I'm about to go to an update meeting on the 29 of Dec but I only went 2 years because I knew holiday inn was taking over and they pretty much wanted me to buy into the points system and that I could lose what I already have which you cant change a signed contract

ComplexBison

Is this still active? What is the status of this? Was a lawsuit formed?

Sign us up for the suit. tubbin@sbcglobal.net

I would join in on the lawsuit too. kiaw@bellsouth.net Thanks

I am interested in joining this class action suit. Mmorales0626@gmail.com