1.9
Cleanliness
Facilities and Services
Quality of Accommodation

We have owned a timeshare with Silverleaf since 1988. At the time we bought the timeshare, our contract stated that we would have unlimited getaways with no cost to us at any Silverleaf location.

Just paid $55.00 for a getaway in Florida. When I called to find out why I was charged, the man stated that it was because the state of Florida told Silverleaf that anyone who uses a "getaway" on the weekend would now be charged $55.00??!! The state of Florida told Silverleaf????? Oh, yeah, and Mickey Mouse is real.

What a crock! When I asked how the state of Florida could go around my contract and make a new contract, he stated that it was because I had never been to Florida. Now, we have to put a deposit down because we might "charge" something from their stores????? This is to "help" us????

Why not a deposit at McDonalds in case we need to charge something there or Burger King in case we decide to use them? If this is to help us, why is the amount not credited back immediately when we leave? When you think about it.....$115.00 x the 1000's of people across the United States using Silverleaf on any given weekend...hold onto that money for the length of the individuals stay and several weeks later---what kind of interest could you make off $115,000?

Is that interest being given back to the consumer? Or....does the state of Florida tell Silverleaf that they must keep that interest for whatever they want to do with it???

Review about: Silverleaf Resorts Orlando Breeze Vacation Ownership.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I liked: Pre-holiday inn resort takeover when i was a valued customer.

Comments

Since Holiday Inn took over, everyone has to deposit $115.00 for their stay. This really sucks!

It seems like things continue to get worse with this timeshare.

I will never buy into another one. It is a complete ripoff.