I went through all the same sales pitches described in the complaints. They almost had me I was on my way home to get a check for the downpayment.

They volunteered to follow me home but when we got to the toll booth they some how didn't see which way I went and got off at the wrong exit. Then tried to get back on and ws going the wrong way. So I received a call via cell phone from the rep (she ask for the # when we were getting in the car at the resort) saying they went the wrong way and got back on going the wrong way. So I told them I would meet them back in Albany so I gave them the directions where to meet me.

Then I came to my senses and said wait a minute they had the nerve to follow me home for the downpayment so I turned around and went back to Albany to drop off a friend who took the trip with me. and thank God he talked me out of the deal.

God was looking out for me. Cause then I came home later and read all these complaints and said, THANK YOU JESUS!!!

Review about: Silverleaf Resorts Vacation Ownership.

Comments

TIMESHARE ADVOCATE

Timeshare Advocacy International Wins Lawsuit against World’s Largest Resort.

pissedconsumer@timesharegone.com

Licensed Texas Realtor Since 1996

Kevin Hanson (Timeshare Advocate)

Regional Sales Director

Timeshare Advocacy International

855.702.6636 or 713.554.3334 Ext.805

Follow a member to their home to get a check is not "just a courtesy", I too worked for Silverleaf, the reps follow the members home to make sure they don't rethink the decision and realize they do not really want to buy. Period.

You are not worried about the next sale, you are worried about this deal kicking on you. Don't pee off my roof and tell me it's raining.

I was happy to have my sales representative Dino follow me to my home because my wife left without her checkbook and yes we loved the resort but did not want to turn around and spend another 3 hours driving home and back to resort for the forgotten check. I an thankful to Dino for going out of his way for us.

As a representative for Silverleaf, I can assure you that following a customer for their downpayment check is an act of courtesy. You are more than welcome to drive back and forth again to bring a check yourself, but to save time and money, a rep can be sent to bring it back for you. Having followed for a check myself, take my word for it: we don't enjoy missing out on a sale to follow a stranger to their home, but it is part of our job.

well, if i went, which i am going because i know how to fight ferociously but nicely...if it got to the point where they said they would follow me home for a check, well....i would keep driving and driving until my gas ran out, and then fill it up some more. just to see how long the persons followed until they got tired of it.

im very adept at losing people that are 'following' me due to a paranoia, so might as well give them a run for their money for real hehe. :) lemon.seed@yahoo.com

Well perhaps it wasn't meant to be for you. However, the program does work for people who do like to travel and vacation with family.

I do not work for them but am an owner of a timeshare and we have gotten to do a lot that we wouldn't have otherwise been able to. We utilize RCI and have gone to Disney World twice.

There is good and bad with everything...and there will always be negative people making complaints that are valid and aren't. You can look up what you think is the most honorable company on this site and will see the same postings and negative complaints.