My mother made her last payment on a time share at Silver Leaf Resort at Canyon Lake, TX. Silver Leaf has been bugging her for a long time about giving up the deed on her time share and upgrading with a lease on a more extravagant time share.

My mother declined. Now, they say she owes membership dues and will foreclose in 10 days if she doesn't come up with $800.00. She is on SS and a small retirement fund and does not have that kind of money laying around.

Silver Leaf is trying to screw her because they know they can make more money by foreclosing and leasing that time share out to someone else...Silver Leaf Resorts is run by evil conniving people that don't really care about the consumers. The time share, for the last few years, has been in a state of disrepair as well...

Product or Service Mentioned: Silverleaf Resorts Vacation Ownership.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Comments

I also bought into the original Endless Escapes Program. It is the original program offered by Silverleaf Resorts to encourage buying a time share.

Silverleaf Resorts did away with that program many years ago, thus Holiday Inn Club Vacation may have not been aware of it for a while. Once they "discovered" they have attempted to "take it away" for those of us that have it, thus their last attempt by charging a fee to us.

We need to flood the Texas AG with calls and letters, last resort, a lawsuit!!! Luis: diaz.luis99@yahoo.com

to Luis #1673938

Plz let me know if you want to file a class action suit...

I was treated the same way and looked at this as my retirement. I'm on SS. I received a letter.

Herrera

I had the same thing just happen to me. They sold my week that I have been paying on for 16 years.

When I called they told me that there was nothing I could do. I had a payment arrangement and when I missed one of the 4 payments, they sold my week in 8 days.

When I asked what about all the equity I had in that property, they had nothing to say. I am looking for a lawyer.

to Herrera Fort Worth, Texas, United States #1064899

Very true that they do not care about customer satisfaction at all - they want money, and will go to any lengths to get it.

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa #1032901

Hahaha that's hilarious!

I have just had the same thing happen to me I am a disabled vet, and they told me pay $1,600 by 30 Sep or they forclose on my timeshares. I tried to work something out with them and they said they couldn't since we have not been able to use the units we told them to take them.