Misleading and high pressure sales. The place they gave us the 2 free nights was not at the resort but at a run down smoking room only hotel.

The one and a half hour sales pitch was one and half hours just waiting to be seen by Ted the salesperson. Another 4 hours of sales misinformation and a play on math to force you into a time share. When Ted did not get far enough he sent in two other high pressure sales guys in to tell you that all of the sudden some great buys had been traded in the price dropped from the original offer of $15,500 for the white time frame (the least attractive time to be at the resort) or $24,000 for the red, white and blue (all year round) for one week plus $700 yearly maintenance and $194 to trade with other companies. When we did not jump at this we were offered $13,500 for the red, white and blue package (any day all year round) for one week, $700 maintenance, $194 to trade to other resorts, plus a bonus of use all rear round at the Silver Leaf resort right there in Pittsfield Ma.

for free. They seemed very upset when they asked for the min down payment and I said if I wanted it I could write a check right now that it was not the money that we had but the amount they wanted for maintenance alone I could have picked up a week at any place they were talking about.

Very sleazy sales pitch. RIP OFF

Comments

TIMESHARE ADVOCATE

Timeshare Advocacy International Wins Lawsuit against World’s Largest Resort.

pissedconsumer@timesharegone.com

Licensed Texas Realtor Since 1996

Kevin Hanson (Timeshare Advocate)

Regional Sales Director

Timeshare Advocacy International

855.702.6636 or 713.554.3334 Ext.805

#208593

My wife and I went through an interesting experience at the Silverleaf in Lee Mass yesterday. We were promised a free cruise (plus two other free trips) if we sat through a 1.5 hour sales pitch. We were going to be Xmas shopping at the local Outlets anyway - so we thought we would give it a shot. We did not have to wait to see a sales person and were completely shocked at the number of people on site to take a tour (over 100). We were fortunate to get a very nice young woman as our presenter. She was very enthusiastic and professional. Looking around at some of the other Sales people made us feel very fortunate (chain smoking / coffee chugging stereotypical used car sales types). She was probably the only Sales person I would have been polite with.

Nothing interested me (the facility was not appealing at all) until she showed us the access to 1000's of other resorts worldwide. She was very pleasant and very low pressure. She was a three year employee who had recently transferred from a Texas timeshare.

At first I didn't think much of the $700 annual maintenance fee that she did a good job of slipping into conversation during the tour. She told us we could purchase the "white" package for $15,500 plus the monthly maintenance fee. We are at the point in our lives where we are interested in travel, and really liked the idea of access to 1000's of resorts that are available. All of this is available in addition to your one-week per year. For instance - you have access (supposedly) to top resorts in Europe for an additional fee of approximately $300 for the week - over and above your one-week purchase. You can also exchange your one-week at a Silverleaf Resort for any of the 1000's of other hotels. In addition - you can stay 2 nights, 3 days anytime you want at any of the resorts. ($49/night for weekends).

In addition to "willing" the timeshare to your kids (although they have to continue the annual fees), what nearly got me hooked (temporarily) was that this package supposedly offered us the ability for family and friends to stay for the same price (between $199 and $499) per week year round all over the world. I started to think of ways to actually make money on this.

Then she brought in the "closer", and old-school chain-smoking sale person. He was pretty harmless, but more of what I originally expected. His job was to sweeten the deal. He had a one-time access (yea right) to a special deal. $13,000 for the red package (unlimited availability).

We asked a million questions, and I have to say that the business mind in me was intrigued - however we asked for a little break to get a *** to eat. They hovered over us at a distance while we ate at the cafeteria.

I pulled out my calculator and figured that if applied to a week stay in a hotel, the $770 maintenance fee alone was a lot of money. They wanted an additional $13,000. We might have done this for one or the other, but not both.

A consumer should really be concerned any time a deal seems too good to be true. Especially when they tell you that you have to make the decision that day. Sorry - if the deal is as good as they say it is, a week of research and consideration should make it even more appealing.

The best part was when I told them that we were not interested. I am sure they thought we were going to do it (we did get somewhat enthusiastic). The woman was obviously dejected, but VERY professional. The old guy was ok. However, they sent us to the basement to claim our "prizes". The employee whose job it was to give us the prizes was a total loser. He refused to give us any specifics, just a bunch of glossy brochures with websites and mail addresses. He was not presentable to the general public. It was almost like the "walk of shame" for us.

We are very determined to make the most of the cruise (including airfare), even if it costs us a few hundred $'s in upgrades.