Did you go to the presentation and won a prize?

I am about to do this. You can win car, cash or an “exotic island adventure”. I figure since they are a timeshare company, everyone will win the vacation. I called the awards verification center at 866-804-8590 yesterday on 10/14/2008 and spoke to Dedra at 2:29PM. She said the vacation was a Beachfront Resort in Hawaii, Jamaica, Aruba, or Puerto Rico. I asked what my out of pocket costs were going to be and she stated just air fare. To be sure she asked her manager who confirmed that everything was included even three meals a day and only air fare would be my out of pocket. Then, I called the confirmation center at 800-720-5621 and spoke to Samuel at 2:39PM. He stated that the tour would only last 1 and ½ hours. Mine begins at 2:00PM and by 3:30PM, “I would have my prize in hand and will be leaving”.

If any attended such a presentation, I would greatly appreciate your feedback. I will let you know what happens to me.

Review about: Silverleaf Resorts Vacation Ownership.

Comments

TIMESHARE ADVOCATE

Timeshare Advocacy International Wins Lawsuit against World’s Largest Resort.

pissedconsumer@timesharegone.com

Licensed Texas Realtor Since 1996

Kevin Hanson (Timeshare Advocate)

Regional Sales Director

Timeshare Advocacy International

855.702.6636 or 713.554.3334 Ext.805

OK. Maybe you are not just a person at Silverleaf or affiliated time share company.

Did you take the cruise? Did you take the trip?

Was you only out of pocket costs air fare? Were you provided three meals a day?

Alright here's the deal....I have no idea why people are freaking out over this..its ridiculous, THIS IS REAL...its just the way these people choose to do their advertising...

I LITERALLY WON THIS 2 WEEKS AGO...I HAD HAPPENED TO FILL OUT AN APPLICATION IN A LOCAL MALL AND I WAS PICKED AS THE WINNER. I went to the resort they have in the Berkshires, MA, claimed my prizes and left..I have already started planning my vacations..I ended up winning 2 trips...this honestly is real..I did it LOL.

***NOTE-since I had won from the drawing at the local mall, I didn't have to sit through the time share presentation and tour etc...I guess I got off easy..I think they contact people by other means as well BUT IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU DIDN'T WIN...YOU MAY HAVE TO SIT THROUGH AN ANNOYING SALES PITCH BUT WHO CARES!!! JUST SAY NO!! AND THEY'LL GIVE YOU YOUR FREE!!!! TRIP, OR WHATEVER THEY SAID YOU WON AND BE ON YOUR WAY...AGAIN...THIS IS JUST HOW THEY ADVERTISE..THEY BRING YOU IN...THEY WANT TO HEAR WHAT YOU THINK..AND YOU REFER THEM TO PEOPLE YOU KNOW...ITS ADVERTISING....

What Happened To Me:

Basically I was guaranteed 1 of 2 trips (vegas or cruise in the bahamas). I chose the cruise, but once you get to the resort to claim your prizes, your given a scratch off card...if u reveal 5 gold pots..ur the instant winner of a car or $$49K (its virtually impossible, there are 25 squares and you only get 5 chances to scratch all 5 gold pots haha) BUTTTTT, there's a number on every ticket so you will win something...they match up ur number to a master list and then u can win $500 cash, $1,500 shopping spree or another trip...I CHOSE THE CRUISE AND ENDED UP WINNING THE OTHER TRIP FROM MY SCRATCH-OFF CARD.

---Hope this clears up people's worries, they may be annoying as heck but your going to win something for free...but hey that's just me...