1.6
Cleanliness
Facilities and Services
Quality of Accommodation
Quality of Food

Agree. Our 93 year old mom loves to use bonus time at our East Texas resort so she can go fishing. There are not too many things she can do anymore or that bring her joy. We were told we were, "grandfathered in," and will not have to ever pay for bonus time. We have been timeshare owners for 20 years. When we got the letter we called Silverleaf and finally to Corporate offices. We were told there is nothing we can do and that Silverleaf/Holiday Inn resorts can change the bonus time policies and price anytime they want.

I am a disabled US Vet and on disability with limited income. Our family members on the contract will not be able to afford to pay the bonus time prices of $25 per night - Sunday to Thursday and $75 a night for Friday and Saturday. So, Silverleaf/Holiday Inn resorts has forced us out of the bonus program. Our poor 93 year mom does not understand why she cannot go to the timeshare she has gone to for a couple of days once in a while to go fishing. This is a discriminatory practice against financially strapped members who have been loyal for over 20 years. It is a business practice designed to force current Silverleaf members out of the bonus program and force us to sell our timeshare. It is price gouging, going from not having to pay for bonus time to having to pay and pay outrageous fees per night. We are hoping to get legal counsel or a group of owners who will use social media and the press to make these practices known. We understood some 20 years ago we would always be exempt from paying any bonus time fees. Now our entire family will not be able to financially afford to use the bonus program. It is a low-handed tactic to tell us that after 20 years, we are no longer, "grandfathered in." So eventually Holiday Inn Resorts can sell our timeshare again to someone else at much greater prices. We are going to indeed write the Texas Attorney general and also seeking legal advice from attorneys that deal in timeshare legalities. It is sad to be taken advantage of over and over as we continue to pay the increased monthly membership dues of almost $100 a month. Now one of our few affordable and pleasurable family times of togetherness are eliminated by a greedy and powerful timeshare organization. We cannot use the bonus time under the Jan. 1, 2019 new policies and expensive charges. They say we have no recourse and they can do what they want - decide our "grandfathered clause of not paying for bonus time," is revoked. Just because they decided so. We paid 20 years of monthly fees and a lot of money for the timeshares.

It seems so wrong. I think the president of Silverleaf and Holiday Inn Resorts need to come look our 93 year old mother in the face and tell her that their greed has just robbed her of one of the few pleasures she still looks forward to.

Sad, but we will fight back as we can. We will in the least spread the word via media sources.

Product or Service Mentioned: Silverleaf Resorts Holiday Inn Vacation Ownership.

Reason of review: Bonus Time Grandfather Clause Ignored.

Preferred solution: Holiday Inn Club continue to honor our Bonus Time Grandfather Clause agreement and retract new fees .

I liked: Crook.

I didn't like: Any of it.

Comments

That might be a good start. I own in Branson.

I will write to the attny generaal in Missouri. We ALL need to stand up together.

This is not right. I can't believe that this is legal.

I will be speaking with a lawyer concerning bonus time next week. I will go straight at them over this!

I was told at the meeting I went to this summer that bonus time would not change for Silverleaf buyers. I was also told that if I bought the points and switched over that I would still receive bonus time.

I actually think I have the page where the sales director wrote that on. I’ll stay vocal on this.

You're braver than I am. I wouldn't get involved with something like that if they paid me.

That post is as long as the U.S. Tax Code. Moses knocked it out in 10 sentences ...

Can anyone figure out how they can charge these new fees in bonus time? We were promised the free bonus weeks and now we are asked to pay fees which over a year would be well over our maintenance fee. This needs to be reversed

I am in the same situation. I am reviewing my contract.

Perhaps members can as a group look at legal options. Thank you for sharing your information.

to Anonymous #1626050

"Reviewing your contract" is a good idea, but it's supposed to occur BEFORE you sign up. You should know that thing inside and out if you're going to be involved in the timeshare situation.