We recently visited the Silverleaf property at Hill Country in Texas for a "free" weekend to attend a property owners meeting. We are Diamond owners of the lodge level, meaning we own two weeks per year. Our lodge suite was OK but there were several maintenance issues, i.e. the wooden blinds were broken in the den, there was missing wooden trim around the jetted tub in the master suite, and the master toilet continued to "run" until you jiggled the handle. (Is that aggravating to anyone else?) I don't know about you guys, but I expected my maintenance fees to cover repair and upkeep of the property. There were many small things, like knicks in paint, stains in carpet, etc.

When we went to our "members meeting", our sales representative was doing his best to convince us that we deserved to be president or ambassador owners. Those two properties were pristine with no maintenance issues. When I asked him why our lodge was not upkept a little better, his response was "what do you expect with the quality of people who own lodges?" I take exception to that comment. I want value for my money and find that presidential or ambassador do not necessarily mean I will enjoy myself any more than I already do. I tend to be a bit more frugal with my money and don't care to buy more expensive property.A clean and comfortable space is enough for me, and luxury is not important. What is important is having a good time with my family.

When we bought the properties originally, we certainly were not told to expect the lodges to become in need of repairs. If 270,000 people own lodges and each pay their maintenance fees, why can't general paint and repairs be done?

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 30, 2010.

Comments

TIMESHARE ADVOCATE

Timeshare Advocacy International Wins Lawsuit against World’s Largest Resort.

pissedconsumer@timesharegone.com

Licensed Texas Realtor Since 1996

Kevin Hanson (Timeshare Advocate)

Regional Sales Director