The timing was a bit tricky - you have to get there and wait for your tour, the tour of the facility lasts about 90 minutes, then there's lots of survey and sales pitch stuff before and after. I had kind of heard that it would probably be more than 90 min, so we were prepared to just be there most of the day. It honestly didn't bother me that much, haha but I am a pretty patient person! We made sure to bring a bottle of water and a snack. Their target demographic is married couples over the age 25 (we are 27) with a combined income of at least $50,000 to $70,000.

You just have to be ready to say "no" a lot. They aren't rude or super pushy, just trying to get you to buy the timeshare the best they can. You will have to talk to your sales guy for a while and after saying no to him, he will bring over his higher up. The supervisor will pitch the sale and offer a better deal and try to convince you. After saying no to him again he will bring over his boss and the same thing will happen. You just have to stick to your guns, because they will offer a very tempting deal.

As far as the prize goes, you really do get whatever they promise you at the end. It was kind of weird feeling when it was all over. What I mean by that is there is always a sales person with you or someone around during the presentation. Then they told us to go over to a building next door to claim our gift. Haha, it looked pretty deserted but we just had to wait for someone in the back office to come out.

They give you your travel certificate for the cruise. It ends up costing some in the end, so its not 100% free. It does get get a little tricky here as well, but you just have to plan a bit and stay organized. You must register your certificate online within a few months of getting it from silverleaf. After that, you must book your cruise within one year after registering. When you register online, you can pick a preferred date range. We chose April and early May and took our cruise earlier this year.

Then you must pay a $100 deposit that goes towards fuel fees and taxes. They will notify you 45 days in advance what dates you get to go, and then you can get your tickets online and ask for vacation at work, etc. After everything was said and done, we ended up paying about $300 for a trip for two. Not bad if you understand what you're getting yourself into.

As far as how silverleaf funds it? I think they just buy travel packages in bulk for distribution. Also, I have a feeling a lot of people don't go through with booking their cruise when they find out about the extra fees. Its honestly a pretty good deal when you look at how much a cruise really costs. We are planning on doing the presentation again for another cheap vacation.

Product or Service Mentioned: Silverleaf Resorts Vacation Ownership.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 25, 2011.

Comments

TIMESHARE ADVOCATE

Additionally, we are the only company to win in court against the biggest timeshare company in the U.S. Timeshare Advocacy International Wins Lawsuit against World’s Largest Resort.

pissedconsumer@timesharegone.com

Licensed Texas Realtor Since 1996

Kevin Hanson (Timeshare Advocate)

Regional Sales Director

Timeshare Advocacy International

855.702.6636 or 713.554.3334 Ext.805

:cry

:x well lol they say i won and im broke as *** but if u can get a cheap vaction so be it......

thats awesome, way to stick it to em' ! My family and I went to one of these but, I'm just not patient enough and don't like repeating my self that many times lol

I just got off the phone with them. I ran to Google to find what people were saying about them and found this post. God knows my wife and i need the time off, I think I'm ready to have their sales staff talk to us till our ears fall; anything for a cheap vacation.

Wow! You are a patient person. Good post, thanks.