Ingleside, Texas

I have been reading numerous complaints about Silverleaf Resorts and 'yes' I was one of their victims about 15 years ago. I purchased a biannual - odd - and have only got to use the resort about 4 times.

I have finally paid the balance off but continue to pay monthly maintenance fees (even on the even years when I can't use it) and they continue to raise the price. I have contacted numerous timeshare sellers and most of them will not even think about listing it until you pay at least $500.00 for advertisement. I think they know it won't sell. I get calls monthly for a free weekend for them to try and entice me into upgrading but believe me I will not fall for that scam again.

I can't stop paying the maintenance fees because it will reflect on my credit report. Please, beware of the scam.

Comments

TIMESHARE ADVOCATE

Timeshare Advocacy International Wins Lawsuit against World’s Largest Resort.

pissedconsumer@timesharegone.com

Licensed Texas Realtor Since 1996

Kevin Hanson (Timeshare Advocate)

Regional Sales Director

Timeshare Advocacy International

855.702.6636 or 713.554.3334 Ext.805

Sankt Lorenz Sud, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany #134355

you are only doing silverleaf a favor by not using your timeshare.i am not happy but i use my one week every year.i get numerous phone calls to visit for an owner!s update. it is all ***.high pressure sales talk.i do use my bonus time once in a while also.

@ Get Real. The scam is once you've paid it off, it's still not paid off.

My timeshare is paid off also, and yet every month I'm still required to pay the monthly fees. They don't have as many locations as they originally bragged about, and in the areas I travel, they don't have locations at all so I'm left having to pay hotel fees anyway.

You can't sell it because no one wants to purchase it because it's with Silverleaf, and their customer service doesn't exist. It's like paying for a car you already own, and doesn't work.

You baught into something and admit using it 4 times if it was so bad why did u use it 4 times I agree Get Real and get over it

Donate your Timeshare to a nonprofit Organization there are many out there. You lose the money you paid for it, but you no longer have to pay those maint. fees.

How do you even come close to saying it is a scam? You purchased something and now don't use it - again how is that a scam. You knew what you were purchasing.