16.9K views

The Berkshires, Massachusetts

I filled out two identical entry forms in two different malls that said, "WIN!" in huge letters across the top. The main prizes advertised were $49,000 cash or a new car.

I went on this site after receiving an excessive amount of calls from Silverleaf and saw all the terrible reviews of Silverleaf's resorts. Their phone calls were made to set up a time when I could come claim my prize after a 90-minute tour of their facilities.

I'm a college kid anyway, but this site reinforced my decision to not buy anything when I went.

The prizes you can win are: a new car, $49,000 cash, a trip to Orlando (not in Disney) or Vegas, a cruise to Mexico, or $500 cash -- this is the lowest valued prize. So how can Silverleaf get away with giving every person who comes to their tour five hundred bucks?

They can't, which is why you WILL win your choice of the cruise or the trip to Orlando/Vegas. Why? Because they are in fact free EXCEPT you have to pay the taxes and actually register for them. (I assume this is why Silverleaf gives them out -- because no one will actually take the vacation if they find out they have to pay) I chose the cruise and will have to pay around $200 per person for a flight to LA and a 4-day cruise to Mexico. (The flight is included, even though their original advertisement said it isn't, so ask the prize person!)

So this is how it will go:

-Go to the resort -- plan to spend two hours there. Check in, eat their free cookies, wait for your name to be called.

-Someone will lead you on a tour of the resort. Needless to say, they will show you lots of appealing amenities.

-After walking around, your guide will sit you down and offer you a deal on the vacation package of a lifetime.

-Say no.

-Your guide will call her boss over, who will tell you about a limited time deal. He will make an amazing offer.

-Say no.

-This guy will come back and maybe even offer you a more unbelievable deal! You'll say no, he'll pressure you, you'll say no again.

-You will be taken downstairs and they will give you a scratch ticket to win a prize. If your ticket does not match the key they hand you, then you win your choice of the cruise or Vegas/Orlando. You have to decide then and there which one you want.

Register in 60 days and book your vacation for two people. It will be around $400 for the both of you.

OH, and that "free vacation" they offer you in Hawaii/Puerto Rico/Bahamas etc. is the same deal, but airfare is not included. They'll basically pay for a 5-day stay at a resort. If you can afford the airfare, go for it. If not, then it's just a piece of paper you'll never have to worry about.

That's it! Hope this helps people trying to outsmart the scam artists. :)

Product or Service Mentioned: Silverleaf Resorts Vacation Ownership.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Dec 25, 2011.

Comments

My husband and I went on the tour in Galveston a few years ago. Arrived a little earlier than our scheduled time and ended up waiting close to an hour to be seen.

We were running out of time and had to leave to pick up my kids from school. So I told the lady at the desk thinking they would reschedule our time but they just walked us back to the "prize room" and gave us our gifts wo seeing anyone about the times share! Score! We got 2 $40 cash cards the cruise and a trip to Florida and somewhere including airfare.

I booked the cruise and they only made us pay taxes $99 per person and port charges. Not such a bad deal if you ask me

I recently received a letter saying that I won 49.000 c a sh or a car is this really accurate. I am in sanantonio tx. And I am wondering has anyone ever gotten a car from this sylverleaf resorts?

Oh please, Jack. Feeling sorry for the high pressure salesmen because they work on commission?

These people are predatory and you know it.

I got a letter in the mail today, saying "you've won 49,000 cash!".

It was addressed to my (badly misspelled) name and (badly misspelled) address.

It went in the paper shredder.

Has anyone ever got the car?

Got a call from Silverleaf saying that we won $49,000 cash, a car, and vocation...said it was guaranteed. So we made an appointment and came in.

Did the 90 min tour thing and they were offering us there program but we said no to everything even though they made it as low as $10,000... We didn't care wanted our prize that's ALL. Which made them sooooo disappointed. Anyways we got a scratch ticket and supposedly won the vication BUT we have to pay for the flight tickets.

Waste of time!!!! NEVER AGAIN!

Georgia, United States #956878

The exact truth explained very well.... They are banking on no one taking the trips beat these cons at their on game make them come out of pocket take the trips!!!

Don't buy anything from these cons!!!

Fort Worth, Texas, United States #842084

So you did actually go on a successful free vacation as a "prize" from them? I just won the same thing, but the website where you redeem the certificate doesn't seem legit.

Houston, Texas, United States #648365

After only 4 years in business, Timeshare Advocacy International, LLC (TAI) has completed over 4,000 Timeshare contract terminations. Saving our clients over $32 “million” dollars in total timeshare liabilities.

Kevin Hanson

www.TimeshareGone.com

713-554-3334 Ext 805

936-689-6690 mobile

Wakefield, Massachusetts, United States #615626

Has anyone actually won the $49,000 porsche, bmw, or mercedes? They have told me i am guarenteed to get either the cash or a car if i go to the 90min presentaion.

to billc Houston, Texas, United States #619570

I just went to one this morning and we got the two trips...a cruise and a stay on an island. On the wall at the resort I saw a giant check ...

And it was made out to a friend of mine (not close)! I looked at the photos of winners and it really was him. He won the $49k in 2011.

Unbelievable, but I instantly looked him up on FB to ask him about it. He confirmed, but I wish I had won that, too.

pLEASE UPDATE THIS .. WERE THE TRIPS REAL? DID YOU GET YOUR CRUISE??

to j Dallas, Texas, United States #650497

Please to english!

Free Prize. You must be employee from another timeshare maybe bluegreen as they way you explained it being a college kid...???? How much they pay you so you do this negative comment..????

TIMESHARE ADVOCATE

Additionally, we are the only company to win in court against the biggest timeshare company in the U.S. Timeshare Advocacy International Wins Lawsuit against World’s Largest Resort.

pissedconsumer@timesharegone.com

Licensed Texas Realtor Since 1996

Kevin Hanson (Timeshare Advocate)

Regional Sales Director

Timeshare Advocacy International

855.702.6636 or 713.554.3334 Ext.805

TIMESHARE ADVOCATE

*CANCEL YOUR SILVERLEAF TIMESHARE*SIX HOUSTON AREA LOCATIONS*LICENSED TEXAS REALTOR*

After only 3 years in business, Timeshare Advocacy International, LLC (TAI) has completed over 1,200 Timeshare contract terminations. Saving our clients over $32 “million” dollars in total timeshare liabilities. We offer guaranteed results for all qualified properties.

TAI is committed to working closely with local timeshare owners. Our consultants advise you on how not to fall prey to the fraud and scams that are affecting owners worldwide. Why take the chance of becoming a victim to some out of state company?

Texas Licensed, Real Estate Professional.

CALL TODAY! (713) 554-3334 Ext. 805

Kevin Hanson

Licensed Timeshare Advocate

Kevin@timesharegone.com

Just got back from a five day vacation in Hawaii. Paid a total of $177 plus air fare for 2.

But our 5 day, 4 night hotel was free.

Had a blast!Totally worth it! planning to do another tour next week to get another vacation!

to Deep in the Heart ofTexas #1096961

About how much did you spent each day for food???

You're sad! You're gonna take a tour of a resort with no intention to buy just to get a free trip that you most likely can't afford to take anyway?

If you don't have any interest in a time share program, don't waste your time or theirs.

They work on commission. Show up and tell them you're drunk and you won't have to take the tour ( you'll get your gifts and you won't waste an 90 minutes of anybody's life) You're still a moocher!

So I was skeptical about the whole deal and so far it is all good. I received a $40 Visa Gift Card as well as a $25 Restruant card.

Has anyone been on the 4 night vacation cruise to the Bahamas ?? If so how was it ??