2.6K views
2.1

I've been trying to relive myself of Silverleaf now for quite sometime now. Recently I got a call from them inviting me back to the resort to hear all about the recent acquisition with Holiday Inn.

I wasn't able to make any of their dates and now I cant find them at all. Any help would be great. Have any of you gotten the same call regarding the buyout.

Thanks for any help that you may be able to provide me. Thanks John in Saratoga NY.

Product or Service Mentioned: Silverleaf Resorts Vacation Ownership.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Indoor waterpark.

I didn't like: Did not live up to expectations, Insulted me during presentation, Unauthorized charges, Not delivered what was said.

• cancel silverleaf
Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 17, 2016.

Comments

There is more than one pissed of consumer. Silverleaf took my money and gave me nothing in return. I want to rid myself of this timeshare for good but I don't know how with out getting ripped off again.

League City, Texas, United States #1220965

If you go to a meeting with Holiday Inn about your timeshare, they will bully you into buying their point system saying that if you don't you will only have your one week and then have to pay money to use it even then. Just today my 76 year old mom went to a meeting she was told would only be an hour and was bullied for three hours until she bought into their plan.

She was told that she could not give unit back since there is no SilverLeaf company since they went under. If she did not buy in now, she would not get offer again and she would only be able to use her week and then have to pay yearly maintenance fee to use the week.

Houston, Texas, United States #1210410

Hi, I am considering purchasing a timeshare from a owner and not the resort itself. The resort I am considering is Silverleaf Seashore in Galveston, TX.

Can someone direct me to legit websites that I can do this? I already tried sellmytimesharenow.com.

Now that I have read more into it and found out that HolidayInn has acquired the Silverleaf resorts will the purchase be legit if I buy from a owner? Thanks any help is greatly appreciated.

to Anonymous #1376967

I will give you mine, equity included! I just want to wash my hands of this nightmare.

to Carolyn Kk #1454157

If you want to get rid of your silverleaf/holiday inn timeshare, nobody will buy it nor will any of the listing agency/scams be of any help. I got rid of mine by calling the customer service line and telling them I wanted to surrender my ownership.

I lost all the money I dumped into it, but on the plus side, I am no longer on the hook for maintenance fees. This is the only way to get rid of your timeshare.

to Wesley Archuleta #1540417

Did you owe on it?

#1203350

If you want to keep your Silverleaf Endless Escapes and Bonus time as you have always used it DO NOT convert to Holiday Inn points.

If you stay as a Silverleaf owner, you can keep your endless escapes and bonus time.

If you convert to Holiday Inn points, you will LOSE the ability to use your multiple weeks of endless escape time back to back or in concurrence.

It is a week before you can book time again on any other account. Basically, only one week of your Endless Escape/ Bonus Time will transfer.

BEWARE: some salespeople are downright LYING about this and telling people they can still use their time back to back.

to Anonymous Austin, Texas, United States #1302218

We were just down at Seaside Resort in Galveston. The salesman basically told us that if we didn't buy another deed in the points system (he said they couldn't convert our deed; "the lawyers looked into it") at $30,000.00, then eventually, we would only be able to use our week; no bonus time or anything.

He claimed they have already converted 75% of silver leaf owners over to the points system. My husband and I have hired an attorney to get out of the contract; breach of contract.

to Anonymous #1366571

Could you email me that lawyers info? I want to bring "silverleaf" to court for breach.

Glendon.degenzo@gmail.com

Aubrey, Texas, United States #1194883

We received the same call. Is there anyway to cancel or get out of this since it has changed hands?

Can we legally get out of Silver Leaf Ownership (Fox River) now that the Resort have converted to Holiday Inn?

They are trying to convert as many current owners as possible to a points system. By converting to points they can keep jacking up point requirements so you have to keep buying more points.

By them converting to points they are no longer confined to only being able to sell a unit to 52 owners.

As demand increases at a resort they can now jack up points needed. If you have endless escape they are trying to make it to where you can't get in by allowing owners of holiday Inn to use available weeks.

to Anonymous #1203349

If you convert to Holiday Inn points, you will LOSE the ability to use your endless escape time back to back or in concurrence.

I am going out there shortly cause I keep getting a call from Holiday Hill for an update on owners condos. I am going to try and have them take mine back.

It was after the fact that I found out about the buy out so I will see what they have to offer but if you do go for an owner update, they will give you $80.00 cash and $30.00 food voucher to be used on their site. I am sure they are looking to sell me more stuff but they will be quite surprised when I am done with them. I am going for a ride and the money.

You can contact Holiday Hill at 407-287-3420. Good Luck....

I got the same call and I'm going out next weekend. Also will be trying to cancel, sell, settle-up, what have you and move on with my life. We will see what they say about the buy out, but no doubt it's just a pitch to try to get us to buy in further.

to Anonymous #1110563

No it's for real. They are part of Holiday Inn now!

Iggyearl

Don't worry. You will get another call.

It's probably Oak & Spruce. They want to give you an "owner update." That is just a disguised sales pitch.

No timeshare company calls you to simply tell you about all the neat new things. It is a sales pitch!!