La Salle, Illinois

I was called into coming to take a "tour" around Silver Leaf Resorts in Sheridan, Illinois. It was supposed to be only 90 minutes tops.

It turns out to be 8 hours of being pushed into buying a contract with them! We kept saying NO and finally ending up signing with them. I was so mentally exhausted. The lady even asked me to write a bad check and they would lie to the company saying that I didn't receive my check yet so I had extra time to pay the down payment.

Purchased a old timeshare that they said they just got in and didn't send in to get re-appraised for yet and saying it was the perfect deal for us. Complete Lies! Now I'm on the *** of not wanting to pay my main stance fees and condo fee of $400 monthly. I really just want to say "F*** it, I'm not paying Silver Leaf anymore!" My question is should I just stop paying them and close my card that they charge?

I know that they won't sue me and they will lie to me saying they are foreclosing the timeshare. I haven't bought a house yet and I'm a newly wed so I need to buy a house in the future. Only renting right now. Or should I get a lawyer and pay a few thousand to dispute the contract?

This will take months and I would still have to pay silver leaf until I don't have to anymore.

Main stance fees are a waste because it's not even being maintained by me. I am just making them get free meals and vacations and getting treated like poo!

Product or Service Mentioned: Silverleaf Resorts Vacation Ownership.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Mar 24, 2016.

Comments

I stopped paying them. It went on my credit report obviously but in the end it was for the best.

I was 21 when I purchased it and pushed into buying. Will never make that mistake again

to Anonymous La Salle, Illinois, United States #1136445

How much did it effect your credit score. I'm 22 and my score is now 646 due to high credit use.

But I'm wondering how much it will *** my score. My husband is on the contract too so it would affect him also.

You can get your money back if they did not follow through on their promises to you when you purchased. I bought into their scam about7 years ago and when i found out they lied to me i filed a complain with the Texas Attorney Generals Office and after about a year of going back and forth, they refunded every penny i paid them which was around $8000.

They also had me sigh and statement saying i would never tell anyone how i got my money back, ***k that. Ill tell everyone.

to Anonymous #1135735

We hired a lawyer to try getting out of the the contract. They would probably fight us on that now. Did you file that complaint 7 years ago?

to milddreamer1 #1147563

I AM ALSO WORKING ON GETTING OUT OF THIS! I CAN NOT BELIEVE HOW THEY SCAM PEOPLE INTO BUYING!!

I WILL TELL EVEYRONE NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT BUYING A DANG THING FROM SILVERLEAF!!! DONT DO IT!!!

to Anonymous La Salle, Illinois, United States #1147618

Yeah :( definetly learned from my mistakes! This was such a horrible scam

to Anonymous #1150437

How did you get your money back? I'm dealing with bullsh** with them now and I want OUT!

How do I sell it or get out of it?

I'm completely paid up and I'm just paying maintenance. I haven't even been able to use it