I purchased a package with silverleaf resort. WORST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE!!!

They hound you to death on the phone to come back in and complete your orientation. NO THANKS, I would rather stay in my little small east Texas town and do nothing than to come back to Silverleaf Resort and listen to that BS!!! I too, called to speak to a supervisor about getting out of the purchase I had made and was told "too bad, it's a lien and you are stuck in it". The sales rep that I got was very nice and sweet and didn't try to pressure me into anything.

When I said NO NO NO, another lady proceeded to come over to the table and take over and was VERY PUSHY...I ever got up from the table twice to leave...explained to the woman that I am a single mother of 2 with a fixed income and that my children are in several school activities that take up all of my extra money. They do not care about their members, they are only there to make a buck.

I was "PUSHED" into purchasing a timeshare. SO, IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A WAY TO GET OUT OF THIS NIGHTMARE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

Comments

They don't report until it goes bad, was with them for two years.. things changed financially and couldn't pay.

Its on my credit report and showing pending foreclosure. Awesome company.

Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States #907620

I would like to get out of the contract I have with Silverleaf. I can't find any evidence online of them foreclosing or it affecting credit reports so I am legitimately asking if there is anyone out there this has happened to, please respond here and tell me about the experience. I don't want it to come to this, but it doesn't appear I can even give this away....

#821906

You can check your credit report for free once per year through the Federal Trade Commission web site (www.ftc.gov, follow the links). It is possible that Silverleaf does not even show up on the credit report.

I would say just stop paying them.

If there is an automatic debit from your credit card or bank account, you might need to close the card/account and open new ones. Pay yourself the money, because your credit might take a hit. You are likely to get harassing phone calls as well. But eventually you will be free and will save a whole lot of money.

This is easier to do if you are not planning to buy a house or car any time soon. But at least you can save up the CASH so you may not need the credit.

TIMESHARE ADVOCATE

Timeshare Advocacy International Wins Lawsuit against World’s Largest Resort.

pissedconsumer@timesharegone.com

Licensed Texas Realtor Since 1996

Kevin Hanson (Timeshare Advocate)

Regional Sales Director

Timeshare Advocacy International

855.702.6636 or 713.554.3334 Ext.805

please help--i was argued into purchasing this on credit when i was 18 and am still paying 2 years later. enough is enough!

I am no richer now than then and want out! Do I get a lawyer?

email papadukes.beard@gmail.com

Need you e-mail Written by right back at you, I Need to get out of the purchase I had made

Try the state attorney general or the Better Business Bureau. Unfortunately, once you buy, you're in THEIR clutches.

I've posted my experience in other posts on this site. Please read them...or come to FB and hunt down (search for) 'Silverleaf' I've got a group site there.

I am curious....perhaps if you can not afford the product you shouldnt purchase it...it seems like the complaint is based on failure to pay...If you dont pay...any company will try to make you pay your bill.

another thing you can do is turn them into the attorney general of your state. they hate that.

tell them you are doing that and they will transfer the call to a supervisor that will try to talk you out of that and they will send your account to another department who will not help you. each time they call you, go back online and turn them in again,

I worked in the financial services department for two years there. this place is the worst place i have ever worked.

What they will do if you do not pay, is say that they are trying to "help" you. they will tell you to send in a list of all your bills that you have every month, proof of pay that you get from your job, a letter explaining your situation and then they will pull your credit. they will try to downgrade you to a cheaper unit. do not pay them ever.

they will not file a foreclosure or a ding on your credit until you are over 6 months late and they really rarely file a foreclosure. be sure they answer their calls and just tell them I cannot pay you. i have told you and told you I cannot pay. if you do not answer or avoid their calls they will call your references (referals), your next of kin, your job (supervisor) and your neighbors and tell them that they need to talk to you about reservations or something similar.

they will harrass you including calling you over and over again until they talk to you. the reps get a bonus on money collected and they are relentless. they will finally do a deed of mutual release. if you let them try to "help" you they will try to get at least one payment without the dues.

they will not just let you out because you say you cannot pay. You will have to talk to them every day even if it is to say you cannot pay and hang up. they are not caring of your situation and they will not really help unless they see you have no credit cards or anything else they can use to get their money. if you need any more help leave me a note on here and I will coach you through the scam they call vacation dreams.

and do not be surprized if someone else posts on here discounting what I say. they do not want you to know their secrets as they are in this for nothing more than money. also do not listen if there are other so called owners that pst on here tauting their love for silverleaf,that is someone at their corporate office that comes on here and say stuff to mislead the public.

they may even call me a liar but I am not lying. I hate that company because of the way they treat people.

to right back at you #817425

I got scammed like most. I just finished my last payment for the down and have not made the first payment (it's next month)

Please help.