Silverleaf Resorts Inc.... I hope I will never hear this name again. However, it's not what you think. I don't think they are scamming people, however, you have to really understand what they are selling and what you can or cannot do.

First of all, they asked about my vacation habits, and after I tour their establishment, I point blank told them, that where I normally stay and what they are offering is not an apples to apples comparison. The motel/travel lodge type of facility of Silveleaf DOES NOT compare to the 4 stars resorts that I normally book.

Second is the cost itself. What most people don't realize, whether you stay with Silverleaf or leverage the RCI exchange program, is that you're only paying for housing. Airfare is not included. Let me repeat that. Airfare is NOT included. So on top of your pre-paid vacation cost, and you manage to "swap" for some exotic place in Europe, you would still need to come up with a few grand to fly there.

Third are the free prizes, which are all worthless. In most cases, it's a housing offered are way below my standard, the timeframe is wrong, and I doubt Silverleaf had to pay for these trips to give to it's customers. Example. 3 days and 2 nights to Vegas, but you have to leave Monday through Wednesday. So let's say I pick Wednesday and come back on a Friday. The promotional flights departs between 3pm - 10pm and returns 6am - 1pm. Are you seeing the trend? What you are really getting is 1 full day in Vegas...that's it!!!!

Conclusion? Silverleaf is not for me. But I think they do have a market of people out there. If you have a big family and can't really afford to travel much, but you like road trips and don't mind the motel/inn type establishments that Silverleaf is offering, this could be the program for you and your family. What I object to, is that Silverleaf is trying to make themselves seem like the answer to everyone's traveling needs. In my case, after I gave them my clear expectations, they backed off, no high pressure sale, nothing. The tour was a waste of my time, the prizes are worthless to me, but, I don't think they scam people. The people that bought and later regret it are probably the impulsive buyers who doesn't do any research and probably suffer from buyer's remorse often.

Comments

#712040

I can help you to stop your monthly payments, protect your credit and get you out of your loan balance. In some cases we have even got some of our client's a refund based on fraud and misrepresentation.

We have successfully helped over 4000 clients so far and we have offices in Houston, Austin & San Antonio with Licensed Texas Realtors.

We are accredited with the BBB and have an A rating! Visit us on the web at TimeshareGone.com and ask to speak with Kevin Hanson or give me a call at 713-554-3334

TIMESHARE ADVOCATE

After only 4 years in business, Timeshare Advocacy International, LLC (TAI) has completed over 4,000 Timeshare contract terminations. Saving our clients over $32 “million” dollars in total timeshare liabilities.

Kevin Hanson

www.TimeshareGone.com

713-554-3334 Ext 805

936-689-6690 mobile

TIMESHARE ADVOCATE

Additionally, we are the only company to win in court against the biggest timeshare company in the U.S. Timeshare Advocacy International Wins Lawsuit against World’s Largest Resort.

pissedconsumer@timesharegone.com

Licensed Texas Realtor Since 1996

Kevin Hanson (Timeshare Advocate)

Regional Sales Director

Timeshare Advocacy International

855.702.6636 or 713.554.3334 Ext.805

TIMESHARE ADVOCATE

*CANCEL YOUR SILVERLEAF TIMESHARE*SIX HOUSTON AREA LOCATIONS*LICENSED TEXAS REALTOR*

After only 3 years in business, Timeshare Advocacy International, LLC (TAI) has completed over 1,200 Timeshare contract terminations. Saving our clients over $32 “million” dollars in total timeshare liabilities. We offer guaranteed results for all qualified properties.

TAI is committed to working closely with local timeshare owners. Our consultants advise you on how not to fall prey to the fraud and scams that are affecting owners worldwide. Why take the chance of becoming a victim to some out of state company?

Texas Licensed, Real Estate Professional.

CALL TODAY! (713) 554-3334 Ext. 805

Kevin Hanson

Licensed Timeshare Advocate

Kevin@timesharegone.com

It was a compete waste of time!!!!!!!!! When we sign up for this a Representative told us we can choose our dates and there is no black out dates.

We spend 5 hours there even though we told them we are not interested . Please beware this is not something you want to do especially if oyu have little kids with you.

BONUS time??? Think about it...why do you have to pay for BONUS time? We have Endless Escape...unlimited 6-day stays (subject to availability and 'new' rules), weekdays/weekends!!!

AND, we have ZERO (nada, nul, zilch) maintenance fees!!! This is for LIFE!!! $50 per month = $600 per year...X 10 years = $6000. ($75 @ month = $900 @ year...X 10 years = $9000)

Also, our four adult children are on our deed...so each one of them can use any Silverleaf resort as an OWNER (including calling and making reservations.

My wife and I have been with Silverleaf since 1997. We started out with a 2BR/1BA cabin at Lake 'o the Woods. After a couple of years or so, we upgraded to a 2BR/2BA condo at Holly Lake. (NOTE: Using our equity from our cabin, we got a 0% (zero percent) loan to upgrade to this condo...PLUS, we got ZERO maintenance fee.

After another couple of years, we upgraded to a 2BR/2BA lodge at Holiday Hills in Branson, Missouri...also, with ZERO maintenance fee!!

After another couple of years, we upgraded again to a Presidential Unit at Silverleaf's Seaside Resort in Galveston, Texas...NOTE: Also, with ZERO maintenance fees!!!

We have made several day trips to Silverleaf (The Villages or Holly Lake) for an owner's 'update' several times. We usually hold out for $100/$150 cash. But, we stand firm on our ZERO MAINTENANCE FEE. Basically, we tell them that even if they 'give' us an extra week for free, if there was any maintenance fee ($25/$50/$75 or whatever), it was a deal breaker.

During our week stay in March 2012 at Holiday Hills (Branson), we went for the standard owner's update...NO deal, NO buy...but we did get a $100 Visa card. NOTE: We also visited a Wyndham Resort presentation and also got a $100 Visa card.

So far, we've stuck to our guns and we have NOT bought an extra week. Remember: Silverleaf sales reps are COMMISSION-ONLY. If you don't fall for the Silverleaf 'double talk' (lies), they DO NOT get paid. You get the cash...they end up with NADA!!!! Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!!

CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!! (Buyer Beware!!!)