2.6K views
With Company response Not resolved
Facilities and Services
Quality of Food

I was at the Big E in Springfield, MA over the weekend and came upon Silverleaf in one of the vendor booths that had a prize wheel to spin. My husband and I spun the wheel and we were told that we won 2 trips and a $50 restaurant.com coupon and we had to pick it up in Lee, Ma.

There was a $20 deposit to make the reservation in Lee to pick up my prizes and that I would be given a $40 visa card when I picked up my other prizes. I paid it knowing full well that this was a timeshare gimmick to get us to see a resort as I had done this for work about 20 years ago. Looking up reviews of this company I realized that they are super high pressure and rude which is not something that I want to deal with at this time. I called the company and requested a return of my $20 deposit and also asked that our reservation be cancelled.

The woman that I spoke to was very rude. She was reading from a script and talking over me. I was pretty insulted and I asked her if she was listening to me at all. She came back with "ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME??" I told her that I had worked in the same position she is in promoting appointments for time shares and that I wanted my money back.

She kept telling me over and over that it said on my paperwork that I was only entitled to get my money back when I showed for the preview. I told her that I was not coming to the preview and that if they did not give me my money back that I would call the Attorney General's office as well as the better Business Bureau. She transferred me to her supervisor who asked me a whole new set of questions and tried to tell me that I could not get my money back unless I came to the preview. I told her that it says that there is no purchase required and that if they keep my $20 that that is a purchase requirement and misrepresentation subject to a lawsuit.

I was then transferred to another woman who promptly refunded my money.

It is possible to get your money back from these people. I am glad that I did not do business with them because just the way they handled the situation over $20 I cannot imagine giving them thousands!

Reason of review: Not as described.

Comments

SilverleafResortsCares
Company Response

We would like to research what happened and answer any other questions you may have. Feel free to call us at 1-888-476-0991.

We stayed at Holiday Hills in Branson, MO. Our stay was awesome from check in to check out. Can't wait to find the next place to stay with our timeshare!!!!