A hard sale is one thing…but deception is an entirely different ballgame!

My 12 Year old and I attended a 90 minute presentation today. The presentation lasted four and a half hours. After the presentation I was presented with a price. I was automatically assumed I would not purchase at that price. I was immediately told they realize I am a single mom and a manager would be coming possibly with a better offer.

The wait for a manager was beyond ridiculous. After over an hour (I lost track) the "Upgrade Manager," shows up and states he will check to see what else may be available at a lower price and explains how his Mom raised him as a single mother.

The manager comes back and tells me he has a deed that was turned in earlier in the day for purchase at the remaining balance of approx $8100.00 with a $71.00 monthly maintenance fee. But even better, the deed was locked in with anytime bonus days from Mon-Thru for free and Fri-Sat for $49.95 instead of the initial offer which included bonus days that were $75.00 per day anytime from Mon-Sun. Remaining in the offer as the same, was the annual 1 week stay at no additional charge at any Silverleaf resort. Or, the 1 week could be traded and redeemed at an additional charge of $199.00 for an affiliate's resort/hotel.

Blatantly lied to, just before committing, I asked about the availability of the rooms and was told to plan ahead if I wanted to vacation on Holiday's. The manager specifically mentioned the holidays, "Fourth of July, Memorial Day, and Labor Day."

I agreed to purchase the deal as offered. I declined the 17% interest rate and financing they "offer to everyone regardless of credit rating". I informed the manager I would pay in full and pay the $71.00 maintenance fees monthly.

The Silverleaf sales representative proceeds to do the "big announcement." Announcing that I and my 12 year old daughter have purchased and will be taking our 1st vacation to Disney World (my child's dream vacation).

Then the manager comes back with the official paperwork. Suddenly, my "RED" anytime week and bonus days are limited to the EXTREME few "BLUE" weeks available though-out each year. I advise the manager I will not purchase under the altered conditions and I had no interest in being limited to "BLUE"weeks. The manager apologizes for the "miscommunication" and stated he will go get my credit card and bring it back.

The manager comes back with my card and attempts another close stating he could give me what "I thought" he had sold me for an additional 3000.00. I declined again and was told the prize coordinator would be coming with the free things they promised for listening to the 90 minute presentation (now 4 hours). The Manager came back a third time and now offered the deal he sold me except….my annual week had to be spent at a Silverleaf resort every other year instead of the affiliates resort. I again declined. He leaves and yet again tells me the prize coordinator is coming.

We continue to wait for the prize coordinator. The "free offer" is 2 nights at The Great Wolf Lodge. My child returns from the bathroom with watery eyes stating she just sneezed several times. Then my heart sinks as she burst into tears and I realize in her eyes the dream vacation of Disney World was just ripped from her in her. Then she states, "Mom, he said anytime". :-(

Almost immediately as she begins to cry a lady shows up stating she apologizes for the miscommunication and starts in on the single mom angle again. Really???? As if the lady could not see my child's tears flowing down her face. So, I informed her my child was upset. The lady proceeds to ask me for advice on raising kids because she is a single Mom too. At this point I was furious. Somehow I remained calm and polite. This woman goes in for another close and offers a better deal but not what I initially agreed to. I immediately said NO again and that I had no interest in SIlverleaf any longer under any conditions.

We were finally escorted to obtain our "free stuff" for listening to the 90 minute presentation turned into 4 and a half hours. Yet, we waited again. While waiting, I explained to my child about, BAIT AND SWITCH and DECEPTIVE SALES PRACTICES! This was a hard lesson I wish we had not experienced. I thought my daughter might learn from the experience but never expected her to have to deal with liars and deceit. All I expected was hard sales closure but these people hurt my daughter with there lies! Please don't let this be you! It is not worth the free stuff!

A hard sale is one thing…but deception is an entirely different ballgame!

Cc: Attorney General & BBB

Product or Service Mentioned: Silverleaf Resorts Vacation Ownership.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Feb 20, 2011.

Comments

Chicago, Illinois, United States #714027

Ditto...Silverleaf is a huge rip off!! My story pretty much mirrors the rest.

Houston, Texas, United States #674631

EVERYTHING THE LADY SAID ABOUT SILVERLEAF IS TRUE. THE SAME THING HAPPEN TO MY SON AND I. I'M A SINGLE MOM TOO. IT TOOK HOURS AND THEN I BOUGHT. AFTER THAT THEY WERE CALLING ALL THE TIME TO TALK ABOUT WHAT I BOUGHT. ONE MONTH LATER THEY ARE CALLING AND ASK US TO GO TO THE HILL COUNTRY RESORT THEY WANTED TO LET US SEE IT AND SEE IF WE HAD ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT WHAT WE HAD BOUGHT. WE WENT AND IT WAS A NIGHT MARE !!!! "ALL DAY " IN THIS MEETING. AND THEY SAID WHAT I HAD BOUGHT THEY NO LONGER SALE ANY MORE THAT I WOULD HAVE TO UP GRADE. I WAS CRYING IN THIER OFFICE AN MY 13YR OLD SON WAS ALL UP SET. IT WAS HORRIBLE !! :cry I DID'T KNOW WHAT TO DO AND IF I GOT UP TO LEAVE I COULD NOT UPGRADE AND WHAT I HAD BOUGHT AT FIRST WASN'T GOING TO BE ANY GOOD. THEY GAVE ME A BOX OF KLEENX . THE SALES MANAGER HAD COME IN SEVERAL TIMES AND SAID "HERE'S MY CARD AND I'M HERE FOR U AND CALL ME ANY TIME. THIS IS MY CELL NUMBER. I'LL HELP U BOOK ALL OF YOUR VACATIONS". WOW !! SO I GAVE THEM "ANOTHER" DOWNPAYMENT OF $1200. SO NOW I'M OUT $1980.00 PLUS SOME MANT. FEES AND MONTHLY FEE.

THIS IS A BUNCH OF ..........

I HAVE A HYATT TIME SHARE AND IT IS WONDERFUL AND FIRST CLASS !!

I HAVE GOT TO GET OUT OF THIS SILVERLEAF !! VERY DIRTY ROOMS,OLD FURNITURE, OLD CARPET, DOG CHEWED THE WOOD ON DOORS AND BLINDS. AND THAT IS IN THE PRESIDENAL SUITES. SUPPOSE TO BE THE TOP OF THE LINE. BAD BAD BAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TIMESHARE ADVOCATE

Timeshare Advocacy International Wins Lawsuit against World’s Largest Resort.

pissedconsumer@timesharegone.com

Licensed Texas Realtor Since 1996

Kevin Hanson (Timeshare Advocate)

Regional Sales Director

Timeshare Advocacy International

855.702.6636 or 713.554.3334 Ext.805

TIMESHARE ADVOCATE

*CANCEL YOUR SILVERLEAF TIMESHARE*SIX HOUSTON AREA LOCATIONS*LICENSED TEXAS REALTOR*

After only 3 years in business, Timeshare Advocacy International, LLC (TAI) has completed over 1,200 Timeshare contract terminations. Saving our clients over $32 “million” dollars in total timeshare liabilities. We offer guaranteed results for all qualified properties.

TAI is committed to working closely with local timeshare owners. Our consultants advise you on how not to fall prey to the fraud and scams that are affecting owners worldwide. Why take the chance of becoming a victim to some out of state company?

Texas Licensed, Real Estate Professional.

CALL TODAY! (713) 554-3334 Ext. 805

Kevin Hanson

Licensed Timeshare Advocate

Kevin@timesharegone.com

Oh yes, my husband & I encountered the same exact thing. 4.5 hrs, the hard sell, "we just received a deed that you can take over the final costs" a bunch of BS.

Now I'm reading that the vacation offered by Silver Leaf (sponsored by Spirit Incentives) is a big joke as well, giving people the run around. Not sure I'm going to waste my time on that or not. I may just have to spend one night @ The Great Wolf on my own account.

At least then I can stay over a weekend. My time is worth more than a bunch of bull.

my dude and i just fell into the trap and purchased a so-called "just turned in" deed. we only put 150 down is it to late for us to opt out and if its not too late what procedure(s) do we need to taake inorder to opt out?

im going to day to recive my free gift but i be dame if im staying 4 hours sorry i have other *** to do today and staying there for 4 hours aint one of them

I just went thru the "90" minute turned 4.5 hour preso myself today...and thankfully I left without purchasing..I'm so proud! I had no intentions of doing so from the very beginning and kept convincing myself that the wait was worth the stay at the GWL. Of course, I'm only hoping now that what I rec'd for the GWL is actually valid..even if it is for a Sun thru Thurs stay.

Fortunately, I noticed the personnel changeout tactic about 2 hours into the preso. I then noticed how the guy next to me had been told by a "manager" that he'd be right back with his free gifts, only to see him sit at another table to try to make a sale. Based on this, I politely left the table I as seated at and went to the front desk area and informed them I had no more time to wait, my child would be getting out of school in 30 minutes and I had to leave. They showed initial shock, then cooly said, oh she was about to come over to do the survey with you now. I said ok, let's sit at this table and get it done. My answers were short and curt and I was then moved to the "gifting" room. I was the 2nd person in the room behind a couple who'd actually purchased (poor guys). Imagine my surprise when that couple left and the office personnel came out and called another person's name. I politely interrupted and said out loud in front of all the others who'd now come into the room, that NO I'm next as I was in the room before any of the other folks in there now. She said, oh we're just trying to finish with someone who had to go to the rest facilities..funny that person still wasn't back during my outburst. I said, I can't help that, I need to go, my child is getting out of school in 20 minutes and I have to be at home..I was not upset, but firm. I rec'd my $40 visa card, did the bogus scratch-off to find that I had won the 5 day trip-funny how that worked out-- and I rec'd the GWL voucher. More to come when I confirm that the "gifts" are truly that. In reading the info, there appears to be upfront charges, not a big deal since it still isn't the cost of what a GWL room costs.

BTW, speaking of the GWL, we've vacationed at the location in KC, KS and found it be very accomodating too. Of course our fav is in Grapevine.

4 hours would definitley be worth my time for 2 nights at wolf lodge thats like over $300 so thats like about $75 dollars an hour. If I had a crying child it might not be worth it but if I didnt Id love to sit and be a little annoyed bcuz I have to wait for somebody for that prize

If you agreed to purchase the deal and pay it in full ($8,100) declining the 17% interest rate and financing they offers. Why can't you use that money ($8,100) to take your daughter to Disney World. I'm sure the trip for you two is not going to be that amount.

I too am a single mom with a 13 yr old. We went through the same crapola you did. First an hour wait. Then the presentation followed by unbearable wait for this or that person. I told the first sale rep that I really had to go because we hadn't eaten all day and we have been there since 2:40 and it was now 5:35. I told him he had 5 minutes to get that "manager" or I was walking out. Well the manager comes and off course he offers me an even better deal. This time for $8100 dollars (funny how the deal that was once in a lifetime but yet was still available after your visit) etc etc. It sounded really terrific. I was so tempted except I was firm on the fact that I had to have some of the red weeks available. Basically I tell them I'm having diabetic attack and the sale guy wants to buy me pizza. I tell them I need to go home and research, and the sale guy offers to bring a laptop to me. To top it all off, I'm a school teacher ... I mean give me a break I'm only available during summer but that's when you block my bookings?? When I ask about availability even during the white or blue weeks, it's amazing how they are so quick to state that I will have no problem with bookings.

This was my first time, but I have a brother-in-law that has gone these kind of free gift if you listn and he has never complained about the 4.5 hour spent.

P.s. I didn't walk out earlier because I would not have been able to recover my $40 dollars I gave them in order to get my free gift. That should have been my clue.

To all who goes to Silverleaf, bring food, pillow, and 4 hours of your time -- and decided if the free gift was worth it. I definitely earned the 2 night Great Wolf Lodge stay.

may I offer some advice ? these hard sell tactics are used a lot these days it is a sign of the times ...now to not go through this again on another product ...you should always let them know they said 90 minutes ..let them know they are on the clock ..At the end of 90 minutes STAND UP tell them you are DONE ..They may say " you have to stay or you want get your gifts " NOT TRUE ...be firm ....Any time you are in any situation that becomes stressful , TELL THEM " I DON"T WANT IT" I retired from 40 years in sales ..Sales people are taught how to overcome objections , the only objection they can not come up with a logical response is " I don't want it " stick to it

be sure you do turn them into the attorney general and the BBB.

the bonus days are always free from mon-thur. they do that for everyone.

a deed was not turned in that day. they teach us to lie if we are not good enough by ourselves. you are lucky we did not have to call you from collections.

the lies they told you at the resort are pale in comparison to the hassle we give people. it is unreal.

Sorry you had to go through this experience. I am glad you held up and did not purchase. Now with that money you saved by not purchasing, search for Orlando rentals and take your daughter to Disney.