We were dumb and bought a discounted vacation weekend. Except it required listening to the Silverleaf sales pitch, which was advertised as taking no more than 90 minutes. We schedule the appointment and go, only to discover they are running behind schedule. We didn't get out of there until over 4 hours later. We should have just bailed sooner, as the $40 gift card is not worth that much time, and I doubt we would ever dare use the "bonus weekend vacation" after experiencing their sales pitch.

So the sales pitch... Wow, just wow. They cram in potential customers like cattle, make them sit around, and offer super cheap food like stale popcorn and bad hotdogs. You get a personal sales guy, but everything takes place in a loud room with 50+ other people squeezed in around tiny tables with music blaring. You cannot move without brushing against someone. If they treat their prospective customers this badly, when they want your money, I cannot imagine how badly they treat actual customers, who have already paid.

The target demographic is clearly lower income people who rarely take a vacation and are not financially sophisticated enough to recognize how overpriced Silverleaf is. They try to convince you it is a great investment opportunity that will save you money in the long run because you have "equity", but that is just part of the hard-sell. You have to buy immediately or never, and they will throw a series of sales-guys at you when you say no, trying to pressure you into buying.

By the way, the total price was over $15,000 to buy in, and then almost $1000 each year in maintenance fees (which of course will go up). And I did the math on their "awesome financing deal" afterwards, and the interest rate was about 16%.

Comments

TIMESHARE ADVOCATE

After only 4 years in business, Timeshare Advocacy International, LLC (TAI) has completed over 4,000 Timeshare contract terminations. Saving our clients over $32 “million” dollars in total timeshare liabilities.

Kevin Hanson

www.TimeshareGone.com

713-554-3334 Ext 805

936-689-6690 mobile

TIMESHARE ADVOCATE

Additionally, we are the only company to win in court against the biggest timeshare company in the U.S. Timeshare Advocacy International Wins Lawsuit against World’s Largest Resort.

pissedconsumer@timesharegone.com

Licensed Texas Realtor Since 1996

Kevin Hanson (Timeshare Advocate)

Regional Sales Director

Timeshare Advocacy International

855.702.6636 or 713.554.3334 Ext.805

TIMESHARE ADVOCATE

*CANCEL YOUR SILVERLEAF TIMESHARE*SIX HOUSTON AREA LOCATIONS*LICENSED TEXAS REALTOR*

After only 3 years in business, Timeshare Advocacy International, LLC (TAI) has completed over 1,200 Timeshare contract terminations. Saving our clients over $32 “million” dollars in total timeshare liabilities. We offer guaranteed results for all qualified properties.

TAI is committed to working closely with local timeshare owners. Our consultants advise you on how not to fall prey to the fraud and scams that are affecting owners worldwide. Why take the chance of becoming a victim to some out of state company?

Texas Licensed, Real Estate Professional.

CALL TODAY! (713) 554-3334 Ext. 805

Kevin Hanson

Licensed Timeshare Advocate

Kevin@timesharegone.com

I am so glad I read all these comments about Silverleaf! I have been stopped by them in the mall and have come so close to getting suckered in to their scam, but I just had a very bad feeling about it. Thank you so much for the truth!

Please people do NOT waste your time. Just don't want anyone to get ripped off or their time taken away.

We spent over 5 hours there... If they say you won a prize they are LYING!! Keep that in mind. You get a free two day vacation to orlando or vegas, you have to pick a mon.

Tues. Or wed. As a departure date, no holidays, can only leave from certain cities. Very disappointed in them.

And then they have the gall to ask you to buy in!?!?

Lmfao! *** no!

I had the same experience as you did! Scheduled for 2:30, they blame the people who scheduled it that it wasn't their fault, we waited an hour and a half to finally be crowded into a room and told we were throwing our money away.

Afterwards, a rep gave us a tour of the resort, which wasn't great.

After that, we went into a big room with loud music, you couldn't hear anything unless they turned the music down to announce they suckered someone else into their scam. After saying NO the first time, since the silverleaf wasn't too attractive to me, they sent someone else to "see what they could do." They offered me another package (which took 20 minutes) and asked how I wanted to pay. I said no to that then said "okay, we'll just send someone over here to ask you a few questions about your experience then you can get your gifts." The lady they sent had another package they wanted to offer. My friend who I was with just wanted to punch her in the face.

I said no again, went to receive our gifts. Each of the vacations had their limitations. You can't go within 7 days of a holiday. Leave on a Monday or Tuesday and leave by a Thursday or Friday.

Depart at night and return in the morning. Pick three dates and one of those dates will be chosen for you. Lots of hassles.

Wouldn't have been worth it if it wasn't easy to clear up my schedule. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't.

My boyfriend and I were walking through the mall when we came across "the spin the wheel for a free car" which we did just for fun. Then we got suckered into paying 79.99 for a fox river resort stay and a great wolf lodge stay.

When i asked what the catch was the sales person said that they were just promoting the place to get more business. He also said that he would never scam us because he knows He never mention this being a timeshare presentation and only said that it was a tour of the facility. I always google and read reviews on things like this, but somehow he got me! Now I just read a bunch of horror stories on fox river resorts.

Including it being infested with roaches and beetles.

Do you think that we would be able to get refunded this trip? If I go back tomorrow?

Of course it isn't totally free - which has nothing to do with Silverleaf or any other vacation offer / prize / winnings. It's called TAXES.

There is no way around that and they cannot be paid by them even if they wanted to. It's against the law.

The free trips are legit and with paying just taxes, you are still paying WAY, WAY, WAY less then the full cost trip. Not a reason to complain about the company.

Nikki-please tell me about your experience because we are supposed to go this week to hear the presentation to get two free nights at great wolf lodge....we have to drive quite a long way to get there and don't want to be dissapointed. I can handle a hard sales pitch, but I don't want to be lied to.

They told me is was for a completely free two night stay so would like to know more before I drive all that way. Thanks for your help!

So now much was great wolf lodge????

We went to the presentation to get our FREE Great Wolf Lodge free night voucher, which was not truly a free night! Yes, I agree this company is tacky and no one should fall for their shady tactics. Buyer beware!