I signed up for one of their trips at The State Fair of Texas on Oct. 2, 2013 and after reviewing all of the complaints they have against them I promptly (within a week) sent them a certified letter asking for a cancellation and refund.

Well it is now Jan. 7, 2014 and still no refund in my mailbox. I was lied to last time I called them and was told it was sent to the guest I listed on the sign up form...no possible way that could have happened as they did not have this persons address listed nor did they have a photo copy of this persons license. One problem I have with that is why would you even send a refund to someone who you did not charge?

They charged MY credit card. They said they would mail me another refund check and I still have yet to receive it.

I am so glad I did not waste my time on one of these bogus trips. I want my $ Silverleaf Resorts!!

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 08, 2014.

Comments

Amarillo, Texas, United States #809150

should have called your credit card company they would have got your money back

Arlington, Texas, United States #793474

I apologize if my comment was not clear. I was not implying that you had to email in order to get your refund; however, in order to research your account, I do need information that you have not supplied here, like your name and contact information.

While we try to process refunds in a timely manner, unfortunately, it takes time and is especially hard if we do not have the correct information.

Bedford, Texas, United States #782354

Liz I sent a certified letter as I stated above. I have called many times as well which I have documented.

The latest call was Feb. 4, 2014. Nowhere does it say on the cancellation page that I must also ALSO email Silverleaf Resorts.

I have been given the run around and lied to as well. furthermore, holding my refund money until I email I feel is an underhanded attempt to extort me and violates my First Amendment Right.

Dallas, Texas, United States #774301

Hello Anonymous,

We haven't received an email with more information from you, but as soon as we do, we can address this issue for you promptly. The email is info@silverleafresorts.com.

Best,

Bedford, Texas, United States #771137

Maybe you have $ to burn Latoya but I won't even if I can.

Dallas, Texas, United States #770950

Please email us at info@silverleafresorts.com with your name and a phone number so that we can contact you to get this issue resolved. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Best,