My husband and kids were at Holly Lake a couple of months ago from one of their "Update Mtgs"! It got really late in the evening.

We were practically the only ones left in the blg I think. Well I had gone to the bathroom and overheard a lady shouting. She said "How many more of these Mother F****** do we have to see?" I was applaud! Even my own kids heard this!

We will never ever go back to Holly Lake. They are all misleading only to get a sale.

Also, when we were leaving there were sales reps and managers high fiving each other and cusing. Isn't this suppose to be a family resort?????????

Comments

TIMESHARE ADVOCATE

Additionally, we are the only company to win in court against the biggest timeshare company in the U.S. Timeshare Advocacy International Wins Lawsuit against World’s Largest Resort.

pissedconsumer@timesharegone.com

Licensed Texas Realtor Since 1996

Kevin Hanson (Timeshare Advocate)

Regional Sales Director

Timeshare Advocacy International

855.702.6636 or 713.554.3334 Ext.805

I can confirm the drug usage at this office. I worked there and they snort things in the bathroom and smoke pot in the parking lot in their cars all day long. If you buy from them you are just helping to support their drug habits.

Managers at Holly lake claim to be finance managers. They aren't loan officers and I will bet that the State would love to hear how some managers claim to be ex Texas loan officers.Mr Lapicki!

Managers claim that a credit card they use to get you away from high interest rates is the "boot camp of credit cards" and if you get approved they will roll you over in 6 months to 0%.It is a lie. They wont answer the phone or will try to get you to roll over to intro offers that comes with a charge.

They are just trying to get you to buy another week or upgrade.

After you sign the contract abd they get paid, they don't care anymore. Heard it from more than 1 manager a Holly Lake Ranch.

:( as a former employee those bleep bleep words its disgusting. Thats how they start the morning meetings!

stay away ! Keep your children away from these evil salespeople!!

Rickey

When you hear Silverleaf run the other way, file a compliant with attorneys general office

If you can't afford it don't buy it I've had a great time with mine... It's not like they don't tell you everything you just said up front... :cry :cry :cry

i was scammed as well by this company i am getting a lawyer and contacting the better buisnes bureau as well as the attorney general's office

If you are thinking about purchasing a timeshare I urge you to reconsider. Although it may seem attractive, the salesman might just be saying whatever they are told to say regardless of veracity to get you “to sign on the line which is dotted.” If they happen to mislead you it’s not a problem because after a month or so they no longer work there. In order to understand the total economic impact this will have on you and your family I urge you to read carefully so you are fully aware of what the hidden costs will be.

If I told you that I had a vacation home that I would allow you to use one week out of every year for the rest of your life for only $15,000.00 dollars, what would you say? Well of course you would say no, who the *** has $15,000.00 dollars lying around, but what if I told you that for only $310.01 a month you would own this property and would also be able to use it during the weekends and pretty much whenever there is availability.

Well depending on how exciting this prospect sounds to you it could really go either way, but for our purposes lets just assume you say yes and sign a contract. Now let’s stop a minute and let me tell you exactly what you just did.

The standard loan for a timeshare is around 84 payments (7 years), at around a 17.4% interest rate with a monthly payment of $310.01. Most people don’t understand amortization or assume that the $310.01 payment is repayment of the $15,000.00, but its not. On your first payment of $310.01 it will look something like this…

Principal: $92.51

Interest: $217.50

Total: $310.01

Your second payment will look like this…

Principal: $93.85

Interest: $216.16

Total: $310.01

So what exactly does this mean? It means that out of your first payment you gave them $217.50 for doing absolutely nothing. Now lets take a look at how much of your hard earned money you will give them during the first year.

Principal: $1,203.06

Interest: $2,517.06

Total: $3,720.12

Wow, what an amazing deal, you used that resort for 7 days the first year and you paid a total of $3,720.12. That’s just about $531.45 a night… you know how much an average deluxe suite at Caesars palace in Las Vegas is for July 1st-8th, about $432.00 per night, but I digress.

So lets recap, after the first year you have paid $3,720.12 total and only $1,203.06 went to the principal and you still owe the company $13,796.94. ***, I forgot to mention the best part, THE ASSOCIATION DUES… yes that’s right, in addition to paying back the money that they so graciously lent to you at 17.4% interest you are going to have pay them $71.45 per month in membership fees.

Wait a minute here, membership fees? Yup, membership fees, to cover the cost of operating the resort. The money that you borrowed from them… and paid to them was just to purchase the deed to the property, but you don’t really even get that until you pay back the money they gave you to pay them.

Gosh, now my math is completely off, so I guess I’ll have to start all the way over again. Lets break it down one more time.

So the first payment is actually $310.01 plus $71.45 which comes to $381.46 per month, so during the first year you paid a total of:

Principal: $1,203.06

Interest: $2,517.06

ASDU: $857.40

Total: $4,577.52

So I was wrong in my previous calculation, you actually paid a total of $4,577.52 the first year. Making it around $653.93 per night to take your 7-day vacation.

Okay so maybe this isn’t a great deal, but you can give it to your children at some point… right? Well assuming that you children would want to pay $71.45 per month and assuming they would actually use it, yes you could give them this gift that keeps on giving and they will pay for it whether they use it or not. And if your children stop paying association dues, the company can just take the property back after 12 months anyways.

But you can always tell your children that this property that you originally agreed to pay them $15,000.00 dollars for ended up costing you… well um, lets do some more math…

You’ve made monthly payments of $310.01 for 84 months, which includes principal and interest totaling $26,040.84! Wait a minute; I thought this was only $15,000.00 dollars… well it was. At 17.4% interest, you paid them $11,040.84 dollars over 7 years for doing absolutely nothing.

But wait I forgot the maintenance fee, ***. Okay well this might get tricky because it actually states in the contract that you have to pay whatever they say the maintenance fee is. For a general rule of thumb, that fee is going to increase due to inflation and operating costs about 10% every 4 years. So, lets say years 1-4 of your loan the maintenance fee is $71.45 per month. And then years 5-7 it increases 10% to $78.60, now this only includes the first 7 years, once the property is paid, you will continue to make payments on the maintenance fee.

Years 1-4 @ $71.45 (48 Months) = $3,429.60

Years 5-7 @ $78.60 (36 Months) = $2,829.60

The total association dues paid in the first 7 years will equal $6,529.20,

By the time you have paid off this property you will have given this company $32,570.04! Assuming you use it every year you will have paid $664.69 a night to stay in your timeshare, I hope you enjoy it.

So… what have we learned here, well I guess you could say that maybe the good deal that the salesman told you about might just be a big piece of *** lie to take your hard earned money so these *** can buy private jets and pay themselves ridiculous salaries. I can’t really speak for the costs associated with making your dream vacation a reality but I can guarantee your interests are not kept in mind.

Signing any contract for such a property would be the equivalent of taking $387.74 (averaging the maintenance fee) every single month for 7 years and burning it.

But lets say that instead of burning your money you take that money and invest it. Lets say over 7 years you make monthly contributions of $387.74 per month to a mutual fund that averages 8% per year. In 7 years you would have $43,470.81, now do you think your children would rather be left $43,470.81 or a timeshare… in business always look for the fool in any deal. If you can’t spot him, it’s most likely you.

If you go for this, you will regret it for decades! Just tell them NO.