I went to the 90 min presentation.that was about 2 hours. they tell you how much money you are going to save.

The first deal they made us was 3400 down payment and nearly 400 a month, when we said we wanted a few days to think about it , another man came over by the name of DENNY MOORE!!!! and offered us a deal of about half that, but they want take no for an answer, we got another offer to buy a old timeshare of someone that had just upgraded, that was 800 down and 200 month. we kelpt telling them we wanted to think about for a couple of days, that just would not do for them, so they offered us some trial plan for 18 months for 150 a month. he got mad at me when i said i didnt want to sigh anything today.

by then i was mad and said i was ready to leave he got real hatful then and said well the door is that way . as for the free prizes we got the free cruize which will cost about 400 dollars. and you cannot take it during peek travling days.

so go at your risk just warning they will offer you anything to get you to sign. and if you have a hard time saying no dont go

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Dec 06, 2009.

Comments

TIMESHARE ADVOCATE

Timeshare Advocacy International Wins Lawsuit against World’s Largest Resort.

pissedconsumer@timesharegone.com

Licensed Texas Realtor Since 1996

Kevin Hanson (Timeshare Advocate)

Regional Sales Director

Timeshare Advocacy International

855.702.6636 or 713.554.3334 Ext.805

To the Intelligent Person...lol, first off if you were an "upper class" person, you wouldn't be buying Silverleaf, there is no doubt you are a Silverleaf salesperson, I was in that crooked business and closed more deals than you could ever hope for, I have seen the light and am sorry for the lies and cheating. Anyone who truly thinks they are "upper class" vacation when and where they want not caring about the cost, as a timeshare salesperson you hate those tours cause they hardly ever buy. And dillweed don't make fun of the buger flippers cause thats where you will be working when the timeshare industry chews you up and spits you out.

harryb
to No Timeshare Chicago, Illinois, United States #611499

Amen Brother,

I lasted 6 months and it seemed like 6 years. Not only do the lie to customers but they lie and scam their Reps.

It is a sickening place. I can't continue to lie to people nor can i yell at customers who refuse to believe the B.S.

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

To 'intelligent person':

Really? You're an intelligent person? You can't even use correct grammar or punctuation skills. And believe me, I've been to these resorts, and there are people there who are definitely not "upper class" as you call them. If you don't want to read complaints, don't go on a complaint board, genius. :roll

And what do you have against people who "waitress, run a register, or flip burgers"? You have just shown how low-class you are by making that comment. I happen to be a high school teacher and I have a second job at a store "running a register". I have a college degree and make a good living. Would you automatically look down on me if you saw me at my second job? Yeah, you probably would. What a shame.

Merhaba1995

CAVEAT EMPTOR (Buyer Beware!).

First off, I am NOT now nor ever was a Silverleaf employee...we're just OWNERS. AND, we have a red Presidential with ZERO maintenance fees (approx $70 per month = $840 per year X 20 years = $16,800??).

Here's our Silverleaf story. My wife and I started with a 1 BR/1BA cabin at Lake o' The Woods in 1997. We bought a BLUE (cheapest) week 52 (Christmas - New Years) with Endless Escape. Within a year, our BLUE week had changed to RED at no extra cost to us.

A year or so later, we had been 'visiting' Holly Lake Resort. At one of those 'visits' that they want owners to make with Owner Services, a salesperson offered to upgrade us to a 2 BR/2 BA condo at Holly Lake. After 'dickering' back and forth for about an hour, she helped us decide by offering us ZERO maintenance fees and ZERO percent on the loan.

Several years later, we were 'invited' to Outback Steakhouse to hear a Silverleaf presentation. We went for the FREE MEAL. The salesmen were trying to convince owners to buy more...at Branson, Missouri. We had used our Endless Escape and visited Ozark Mountain Resort. So we considered upgrading to Branson. When the salesmen made their pitch, we told them that unless they could match what we had (Endless Escape, ZERO maintenance, ZERO percent on the loan), we couldn't afford to upgrade. They tried with just Endless Escape. We said NO. They came back with Endless Escape and ZERO maintenance. We again said NO. After about an hour (after the meal), they came back and said YES to all our three conditions. So we felt that we HAD to buy (which we really didn't, but we decided to go ahead). So we now had a red-week LODGE (2BR/2BA) at Holiday Hills Resort in Branson, Missouri.

In 2007 and 2008, we kept getting calls for a 'free' stay with $50 cash. We initially kept turning them down. But when they offered us $100 cash, we broke down. We allowed them to give us their spiel, told them that we had filed for bankruptcy and couldn't afford to buy. So we got our cash and enjoyed the rest of the weekend.

We continued to get the calls for an 'UPDATE' for owners. We went to a FREE meal at Joe's Crab Shack and another at Outback Steakhouse. We still didn't buy. We made a day trip out to The Villages for $100 (one hundred dollars) cash. It paid for our meals and gas.

We continued to get the calls. In Jan 2009, we accepted a day-trip to Holly Lake for an owner update and $150 (one hundred fifty dollars). There we were talked into buying a Presidential at Seaside Resort in Galveston. We did the paperwork and spoke with Allison Mowry with our paperwork problem...our four adult children were also on the 'old' Holiday Hills lease, and they needed to sign paperwork to sell the 'old' lease and buy the 'new' lease. Allison was goint to have to get the paperwork to them to sign and notarized. She agreed.

Unfortunately, Allison had problems with our daughter in Germany (APO address) and we eventually got a letter from Silverleaf saying that they hadn't received all the necessary paperwork, so they were cancelling the deal.

We went back to Holly Lake and re-started paperwork for a different week at Galveston...again the same problem existed with APO addresses.

My wife and daughter went down to Corporate Offices in Dallas and spoke with a woman (Sybil?)...she really helped us with the paperwork and ensuring their return. Yes, we did make an additional two trips before the paperwork was finalized, but NOW we own a red Presidential at Seaside Resort on Galveston. AND, we have "most" of the Diamond privileges without having to buy a second week. AND, we still have Endless Escape and ZERO maintenance fees (and our children will never have to pay them, either)!!

We've used our Endless Escape more than our actual schedule week...and we do check in early enough so that if the 'initial' unit is unsatisfactory, we go back to Registration and get another. That's my only suggestion for Endless Escape and Bonus Week members...get there and sign in EARLY enough to have Silverleaf rectify any problem you encounter.

I've heard (and read) a lot of horror stories about Silverleaf...all I say is to be honest with yourself, and if you're NOT in the market, DON'T buy...stick to your guns and don't fall for the HARD SELL approaches...if they try to SHAME you into buying something 'cause of all the time they spent with you, DON'T BUY.

The 'screeners' who spoke with you on the phone either had pre-qualified you as 'eligible' to become Silverleaf owners. It appears that they (Silverleaf and screeners) are not as diligent in doing so as they should be. SHAME ON THEM!

a timeshare is for people who can afford

them. not people who struggle to pay their light bill every month, and people who have to choose between their baby's milk and toothpaste.

so do yourelf a favor and stop pretending that you can own one, pay your basic bill and yeah go on those $200 vacations. they are perfect for you, this is for the upper class.

say it with me "upper class". not

people who waitress, run a register, or flip burgers for a living.

#112034

Don't give into the "delinquent" timeshare pitch.

I was given this pitch when I bought timeshare two from Silver Leaf. I don't want timeshare 1 because it is useless, has no exchange power with RCI and can't even give it away to charity. Timeshare 2 is ok because I have the RCI upgrade. The pitch they used on me was to give up both deeds I own for a Holiday Hills (destination, red week, plus program, rci upgrade) in delinquency of $1975 so that I could save $12,000 on maintenance fees. ($12,000 is on maintenance fees for 20 years!)

The math

Holiday Hills $31,575

Credit Timeshare 2 -11,575

BALANCE $20,000

Credit Timeshare 1 -10,500

So, I get new timeshare for $9,500.

Excuse me, I am going to pay $9,500 for a savings of $12,00 over 20 years! Heaven forbid if still have these timeshares in two years.

I was very polite, said this did not work for me, and got $150 cash for my time.

These people are unrelenting. Does anyone actually pay $31,575 or does it always come out to a number under $10,000?

Oh, and by the way, if you dare sell your timeshare without Silverleaf's blessing, the new owner does not get the bonus time because it is an addendum to the contract. I continue to weigh my options on getting rid of this albatross. Meanwhile, I will look for RCI gold crown resorts to spend some time.

Unfortunately as with any type of high pressure sales organization, their role is to get you to buy. Simply walk out!

With any of the timeshare or vacation benefit programs, you do have to know what you are getting into and what to expect when you get there. If you aren't seriously considering purchasing, then don't go. The "free" prizes, gas cards etc aren't worth it if you aren't interested in the product they are trying to sell.

My husband and I have been Silverleaf owners for 2 years and I agree they do have some questionable tactics as far as trying to get you to buy something.

On the occassions we have went to the update meetings, we let them do their speel and then we leave. Literally, walk out the door. What are they going to do? Also, being informed consumers, EVERY promise they make regarding free weeks etc, I get in writing to make sure they have to fulfill their promises.

The off year (even or odd) timeshares are good starter packages and of course they are going to try to get you to upgrade, which is what we eventually did and ended up paying the same as we were for our original. It is possible to make these types of programs work for you but again, you have to take the intiative and be informed, read EVERYTHING they give you, question anything that sounds crazy or contradicts anything verbal they have said and get EVERYTHING in writing.

After reading these comments about Silverleaf resorts, I realized that everyone gets the same bad treatment as I did and suckered into buying their ***. I feel that I had to buy under duress in order to be able to leave the place.

I was sold a White/Blue every other year timeshare and was told that I can upgrade/trade-in the timeshare to a red one at anytime and use some of what was paid during the period before upgrading and apply it to the red timeshare. They later called me in just to go over what benefits I had and not sell me anything and get a free weekend. Like an *** after several calls from them and me hanging up on them, I finally agreed, but just to go over the benefits and I told them I didn't want to talk to any sales people. Believe me they are not there to go over benefits they are there to sell you, period.

After six hours of being gruelled by two sales people, I finally gave in in order that I could get out of there. You're right by saying they don't know how to take "no" for an answer. They also said that I can't use my first deed to upgrade to the red one, but have to keep paying on that one and pay extra for the red one. There were several lies told me about what I could do with my white/blue timeshare.

The biggest lie was being able to upgrade/trade-in my timeshare, using it to trade time with RCI for trips to Orlando, other parts of the country, Mexico, or any where in the world. Find out most of those places are all red so I couldn't use my timeshare with RCI anyway. It was a worthless timeshare with RCI. Another lie was being able to rent my timeshare out, when the fine print in the contract says that only you are allowed to stay there your with guests.

A salesman also mentioned that he knew someone that buys a lot of timeshares and is able to make good money doing it. How can you if you can't rent it out. They will say just about anything to make the sale and still be able to sleep at night. I guess when you're paid like they are, it makes up for all the lies they are made to say to sell.

Hope they eventually get what they deserve someday, but that doesn't help me currently. Definitely, buyer beware when going on these free weekend trips.

It's like these sales people have a free reign to steal and not get in trouble for it. They should be consider as crooks with a free hand.

pretty much the same thing happened to us except my husband got suckered in by all of their talk. I kept telling him that it wasn't a good deal and we could not really afford it.

They pull in the second guy so that you feel more pressured. Well we bought the every other year and thought that would be fine for right now. Then they pull you in for more and more talks they call them "update meetings" and give you a free weekend stay at one of the resorts. Don't go to the update meetings, all they do is try to sell you more stuff.

They do the same thing at the update meetings they pull out a manager if you aren't buying the sale. If you say no they start to get all mad acting. They tried to tell me that I don't know what I can afford when I told them we couldn't afford it. I work at a credit union and I am very good with numbers I know EXACTLY what I can afford.

We actually made it out of the first update meeting without buying anything, but the next one, they talked my husband into buying more. Don't go if you cannot afford to spend thousands of dollars because if you are not VERY strongwilled, they will force their way in.