2.7K views

Went to Silverleaf Vacation Store in Irving, Texas off of Story Road and Highway 183 with my fiancee because we were promised free Dallas Stars tickets. We did not really want to buy anything, but wanted to educate ourselves and have information to share with our family and friends.

When the end of the presentation came about and we told the sales associate we were not interested, she called over one of their "Executive Principals" (or whatever they are called) who kept lowering the price to try to get us to sign. After I told the executive principal for the third time or so that we appreciated his generosity but were not going to purchase, he finally shook my hand and wished us luck with our marriage, and walked away. The sales associate went away with him, and did not seem too pleased.

I genuinely felt like they were not ever going to let us leave after we were presented with the $15,000.00 price at the end of the presentation and then said that we were not interested. The end of the experience was very uncomfortable, very pressured, and clearly designed to manipulate us to buy the timeshare. I thought they would respect the fact that we appreciated the presentation and just let us go, but boy was I wrong.

If I had to do it all over again, I would not have set foot in the door of this place. To all of you who are considering attending one of these presentations just to get the gifts and educate yourselves for a later purchase - be warned - you are in for a fight if you say no.

For those who are still brave enough to go (or otherwise if you really want the Dallas Stars tickets), when you say "no" at the end of the presentation, do not let them call anyone else over to speak with you, stand your ground and say you are not purchasing anything today, period, end of story, and you do not need to speak with anyone else.

This experience was like something out of "The Twilight Zone", and I do not believe I will ever attend anything like this again.

Review about: Silverleaf Resorts Vacation Ownership.

Had an Experience with Silverleaf Resorts?

Comments

Dallas, Texas, United States #788873

Well silverleaf isn't that bad u people think that things are free nothing in this life is free and whats so bad about paying government taxes and fees if u win the 49,000 the government going to tax it anyway u could have easily got up and walked out they weren't forcing u to stay :grin

This is Jst a fraud..not like this place...they Jst wnt you to spend money on them ...dam discusting place

10/2013

will not fall for this gimmick again.I knew I would have to set thru a presentation, but the prizes are useless.

Can never get on the site to redeem the Dallas Stars tickets, the 5day/4night getaway, you have to pay for transportation, which cost at least $1000.00 or more. The cruise, you can only take in the winter. We did get the $40.00 back in a gift card. That is the only good thing I can say about them.

Extreme sales pitch, with 3 different people.

Long wait to receive prizes.And, when you leave, its thru the BACK door!

:upset They compared my appt with them to the doctors office.My life does not revolve around having fun it revolves around my personal health and well being.

They did not seem to understand that when I called to cancel their appointment.Then after getting all huffy with me and arguing with me he had the gall to say have a blessed day and hung up on me while I was talking to him

Im telling u im so mad i didt go to work because they me from this paper i feld out at the mall to win the 49,00, dollors or the car car but none of that its all a lie they make u go to the 90 min presentation they ask u *** questions and they try to convence u like how it is in the dealership of cars they want u to put $3,854,00 in down payment for suppisly for a vacation but like i said its all a spam they dont give u nothing

:( these people just lie about everything they tell u that u going to win prizes like money or a car or a vacation it s all a lie dont go they make u buy a trip dont fall for this *** at the end they make scratch of 5little boxes inn the ticket and all u get is nothing just a *** paper with bunch of lies.

TIMESHARE ADVOCATE

Timeshare Advocacy International Wins Lawsuit against World’s Largest Resort.

“We are excited to finally have this decision behind us so we can now focus on one thing, and that is our clients. During the last 2 years they have been trying to do one thing and that is to shut us up and bankrupt us through the court system. We always felt that at the end of the day a jury would see that TAI is...

pissedconsumer@timesharegone.com

Licensed Texas Realtor Since 1996

Kevin Hanson (Timeshare Advocate)

Regional Sales Director

Timeshare Advocacy International

855.702.6636 or 713.554.3334 Ext.805

TIMESHARE ADVOCATE

*CANCEL YOUR SILVERLEAF TIMESHARE*SIX HOUSTON AREA LOCATIONS*LICENSED TEXAS REALTOR*

After only 3 years in business, Timeshare Advocacy International, LLC (TAI) has completed over 1,200 Timeshare contract terminations. Saving our clients over $32 “million” dollars in total timeshare liabilities. We offer guaranteed results for all qualified properties.

TAI is committed to working closely with local timeshare owners. Our consultants advise you on how not to fall prey to the fraud and scams that are affecting owners worldwide. Why take the chance of becoming a victim to some out of state company?

Texas Licensed, Real Estate Professional.

CALL TODAY! (713) 554-3334 Ext. 805

Kevin Hanson

Licensed Timeshare Advocate

Kevin@timesharegone.com

Attended an Irving Vacation Store presentation a week ago for Stars tickets and a Great Wolf Lodge voucher.If I had not already done my homework on Silverleaf and know from friends how timeshares and RCI exchange really work, their sales pitch may have been attractive.

The reality is that most of Silverleaf's resorts are second rate and hold ZERO trading power in RCI.

Not a good deal.Based on my understanding of RCI and timeshares, our sales person was flat out lying on numerous points in order to make the sale.

Walked out with my gifts with little hassle, as I made it VERY clear that I KNOW buying from Silverleaf is not a good bargain.

to Sheeple #856100

Where you able to use the Great Wolf Lodge voucher?